• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Call of Duty World At War Beta

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Silver Member
Who all made it in?

I DID!! :D

capture card anyone? :3

K

khsora18

how did u get this??!! i would love to get cod: waw beta!!

Vin

Bronze Member
the beta is only for 360 and PC users, I beileive

K

khsora18

the beta is only for 360 and PC users, I beileive

wow. that's 100% UNFAIR! but ill get over it. thanks for tellin me where to get it. it just seems like theres a few people that have gotten beta demos for some new games on these forums lately and im wondering where do you guys get them?!

Josh

Silver Member
it sucks. I hate the weapons and the levels are total camp fests.

K

khsora18

Really?! All the previews said it was amazing. I can see how that's possible though. I knew the weapons would suck especially compared to CoD:4. I'm surprised about the camp-fest levels because that was one complaint many people had a bout CoD: 4 and I'm surprised that not only did they not fix it, but make it worse.

Josh

Silver Member

Chris

I share this account w/ my mom lmao
Awards
Infinity Ward didn't make it.
I'm not playing it.

Everyone else had that opinion a couple of months ago.

If you had really looked into it, you wouldn't be thinking that.

COD:WAW is basically taking all the new ideas everyone loved from COD4 (Perks, Ranks, etc.) and adding the things that people loved that got left behind in COD3 (Vehicles, online lobbies, etc.)

If Activision flatout said this game would be like COD3, I would agree with you. But after the success of COD4, they completely adjusted their game to be as popular as COD4 was.

So, what does this give us?

Perks. Ranks. Prestige. Vehicles. Lobbies. Online Co-op.

Good.

Also, I personally hated many things about COD4. The Multiplayer was full of wonderful ideas, and horrific execution. In a game where you can drop someone in about three hits from any gun, you surely don't need red dots and ACOG scopes to make mowing down people with your LMG's even easier.

If they are going to make a fast paced game where people die very quickly, things like red dot make it unneccesarily easy (in my opinion). Some games, like MGS4, use red dot. It WORKS in these games because they aren't extremely good, they are just something to improve your aim. That, and the fact that it takes more than three hits to kill someone.

Going back to old fashioned weapons in the WWII era will balance this out more, and will weed out the losers who can't fight without red dots to tell them exactly where to shoot.

K

khsora18

Yeah they won't be stupid enough to let it suck. It's gonna be good. It has to be. They know what people liked in CoD:4 so they won't just let that go to waste. They are using the same engine to make this so it will look exactly like COD 4 (if not better) and everything in the game will be the same, if not better (except the weapons, we all know that they will blow).

Chris

I share this account w/ my mom lmao
Awards
So, apparently the game is good. Fun, and mimics COD4 a lot.
But that won't deter me :( at least for now.
I'm sick of WWII.

Even though it really doesn't effect me whether or not other people on a Kingdom Hearts forum enjoy it or not, I still must ask, why? I mean, is it the weapons? Or the story? The weapons don't bother me, I like them more. I understand how repetitive the story seems, but I don't understand how people totally classify all WWII FPS games as shitty.

Josh

Silver Member
I believe that the story will be the only GOOD thing about this game.

Dragonstar1715

Website
dragonstar1715.deviantart.com
Activision is basically just trying to use the new engine on an old idea. I'm personally sick of WW2 shooters, Medal of Honor, Band of Brothers you name it, Cliche city people... I preferred no. 4 and played the other three as well before you even ask that, the idea of modern warfare and weapons appeals to me more.

Plus the fact that Infinity Ward isn't on this project deters me even more from this game, most of the good COD games were made in collaboration with Infinity Ward. But that's my opinion, so I'm just throwing it out there for kicks.

*runs off to play Call of Duty 4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back