• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bungie and Microsoft part ways

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
they are NOT owned by Microsoft, that is part of the whole "split ways", they will work with them closely but they are NOT owned
MS STILL OWNS PART OF THEM..

nor did i EVER claim that bungie would make games for ps3
Nor did I say you did.. You had misleading title thats why say.. Bungie and MS are still close and MS still owns a part of Bungie..

now quit your crying about how apparently everyone posting how you make misleading titles, so come crying in another thread
nice coming back there buddy..

You say I'm flamming but what you do call that? You cry about me making misleading titles yet its okay for you to make them?

Okay I get now..

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
MS STILL OWNS PART OF THEM..

...did you even read the article? they are independant, they work closely but are independant

Nor did I say you did.. You had misleading title thats why say.. Bungie and MS are still close and MS still owns a part of Bungie..

I stated a fact in my title, being that now bungie are now owned by themselves and not microsoft, it is not a misleading title

nice coming back there buddy..

You say I'm flamming but what you do call that? You cry about me making misleading titles yet its okay for you to make them?

Okay I get now..

im not gonna get involved in another flaming debate so im not going to provide an answer you want

nor have you provided proof of this 49% shares thing you claimed a couple of posts back

sora741

Breaking: Bungie Split Confirmed - Kotaku

Bungie has long been built on creativity, originality and the freedom to pursue ideas. Microsoft agreed, and rather than stifle our imagination, they decided it was in both our best interests to unleash it. We'll continue to make Xbox 360 games, and we'll continue to make amazing games for MGS. In that regard, nothing has changed. All that has changed is that now Bungie Studios is once again, the property of the folks of Bungie Studios. Microsoft is and will continue to be, a brilliant, inventive and creatively collaborative publishing partner. Practically speaking, nothing has changed and you guys won't see much, if any difference, for a while unless you come to work for us, that is - we're hiring.

"Our collaboration with Bungie has resulted in 'Halo' becoming an enduring mainstream hit," said Shane Kim, corporate vice president of Microsoft Game Studios. "While we are supporting Bungie's desire to return to its independent roots, we will continue to invest in our 'Halo' entertainment property with Bungie and other partners, such as Peter Jackson, on a new interactive series set in the 'Halo' universe. We look forward to great success with Bungie as our long-term relationship continues to evolve through 'Halo'-related titles and new IP created by Bungie."

well while rumors of such an event happening have been mentioned on the internet before, i admit im a bit surprised
nice dig dude:D
but what can we do? Halo is still coming out from both so it will be fine

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
heres another article with some more to it (including qoutes from bungie itself)

Bungie, developers of recent mega-hit Halo 3 have confirmed recent rumours and announced that they will split from Microsoft. As of now, (October 1 if you are being technical) Bungie will be known as Bungie LLC, an entirely independent entity from Microsoft.

Bungie were at pains, however, to stress that they will retain a long-term publishing agreement with Microsoft for the Halo titles, and will continue to "develop with our primary focus on Microsoft’s platforms." However, Bungie has expressed an intent to create "new IP created and owned by Bungie." Company founder, Jason Jones commented, "Bungie is like a shark. We have to keep moving to survive. We have to continually test ourselves, or we might as well be dolphins. Or manatees."

"Our collaboration with Bungie has resulted in Halo becoming an enduring mainstream hit," said Shane Kim, corporate vice president of Microsoft Game Studios. "While we are supporting Bungie's desire to return to its independent roots, we will continue to invest in our Halo entertainment property with Bungie and other partners, such as Peter Jackson, on a new interactive series set in the Halo universe. We look forward to great success with Bungie as our long-term relationship continues to evolve through Halo-related titles and new IP created by Bungie."

"This exciting evolution of our relationship with Microsoft will enable us to expand both creatively and organisationally in our mission to create world-class games," said Harold Ryan, studio head for Bungie. "We will continue to develop with our primary focus on Microsoft platforms; we greatly value our mutually prosperous relationship with our publisher, Microsoft Game Studios; and we look forward to continuing that affiliation through Halo and beyond."

Bungie confirms split with Microsoft - Xbox 360 News - Australia's PAL Gaming Network

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
I'm still waiting on a link on where it says Microsoft owns 49% of Bungie Studios. I don't care for your mis-interpretations.
Unless, of course, you want to admit you were being misleading.
Pot calling the kettle black
Except, you know, you still haven't proven why this particular thread is misleading or supported the 49% claim. If you have some past emotional problems, don't bring them here.
"omg! he said i was bein misleading in a different thread so i go to his thread n make baseless claims!!!"

If you read the release MS is still an Equity Investor in Bungie.
No, if you read the release, you would know it says Microsoft is is a miniority equity inverstor. That ranges anywhere from 1%-49%.

1. Bungie Studios are now 2nd Party.
And guess what?! 2nd party developers are independent from the console manufacturer, or did you not read the wikipedia article you pasted?
2. Halo I.P owned by Microsoft.
No shit? How does this prove that Bungie Studio has not legally parted ways?
3. Microsoft and Bungie will continue to collaborate on Halo projects.
4. Bungie will continue to make games for Microsoft Game Studios.
5. Microsoft will publish Bungie games.
Nintendo also collaborates with Namco on projects like Starfox. That must mean Nintendo owns 49% of Namco and this thread is misleading!
Stop straying from your claim and making worthless points.
7. Bungie are now independant and can make what they want.
So, first Microsoft has 49% control and makes the decisions, but now Bungie is independent. Ok then.
8. Still funded and owned by Microsoft.
Link needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back