• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bit torrent?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

namine's shadow

My mom uses this downloading thingy called bit torrent and I want to use it (I dout she'll let me) but I don't know where to start. I can't find any search engines for it. I wanted to download high school musical as well-_-
It would really help if you could tell me how to use it. thanx!

W

wapugirl

It's illegal.
Just buy the DVD when it comes out.

And theres a chance of spyware/adware/viruses from bittorrent. Just dont do it.

namine's shadow

oh. I didn't know. but what about the seeds? If they downloaded it, then how can they still get on? If I do wait, it'll probally take about forever to come on DVD. I'm already sufefring from waiting for KH2 and it's still not out yet!

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
It's illegal.
Just buy the DVD when it comes out.

And theres a chance of spyware/adware/viruses from bittorrent. Just dont do it.

..BitTorrent is NOT illegal. Neither are P2P software (iTunes, anyone?).
The software to distribute files over networks aren't illegal, it's the files that are being distributed. Downloading a file isn't illegal, but 'hosting' that file for others IS illegal.
Also, you can get spyware/adware/viruses from ANYWHERE, even 'LimeWire' etc.
How much you do not know young one.

To use torrents, find a good torrent search engine *cough*google.com*cough*..
(Search google for 'torrent search engine' and you should get some results.)

I like TPB. (http://www.thepiratebay.org)
Do a search on TPB or whatever torrent engine you want for whatever it is you are looking for.
You should get a list of all files that server is 'watching'.. files aren't actually stored on the server, just the *.tor file, which has the location of the file you are looking for.
When you finally get to the choice of downloading or running the *.tor file, you can import the *.tor file into uTorrent or Azureus after downloading, by choosing to 'open' a *.tor file.
You can also choose 'run/open' from the save dialogue box. This will automatically open the *.tor file in whatever torrent software your machine is configured with.

Also:
'Seeds'- Anyone that has 100% of the file you are downloading, that are 'sharing' that file are called seeds.
'Leech'- Anyone that does NOT have 100% of the file you are downloading. They may or may not be 'sharing' that file, just yet.

That's just a quickie on *.tor/*.torrent files.

~~Azurith

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
It's legal to download clips from a movie, trailers, commercials, other people's home made videos, cutscenes from games and demo music in the media. But it is illegal to download full length licensed movies and full licensed songs without paying for it. (And I dont mean paying the internet provider). I-Tunes is legal because you have to pay for copyrighted material.

Rather buy the DVDs and CDs. It is safer, legal, mature and you know that you are not ripping off the developers. Same goes for games. Piracy is a NO!

AMVs are also technically illegal but since it is not usually the high quality song that plays and not the whole movie/episode that plays, it is actually promoting the titles. Developers ignore it for that reason. But you can not sell an AMV for any price since it is licensed, copyright material.

T

The Marauder

Developers, developers, developers, developers...

In any case, Azu pretty much summed it up. Piracy makes the internet go 'round.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
Piracy gifts you with a $250 000 charge.

Besides if you support piracy then the developers are getting nothing out of it, meaning a reduction in capital leading to less games, movies, music, and so on.
So a supporter of piracy is an ememy to a true gamer. It's no better than someone sueing Square Enix and us(S-E gamers) loosing out on new installments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back