• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Birthday Wishes [One-shot ramble]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
Note: This has nothing to do with Kingdom Hearts. It's not even fiction; this was just some intellectual ramblings I put together the other day. Slightly morbid, actually, when I think about it; not what one expects from something they thought up on their birthday.

I stand among a goup of people, yet I am alone; singled out, slightly apart from everyone else. Eager, smiling faces surround me, filling the air with ignorant cheer. I lean forward slightly, bending down to the birthday cake set on the table before me, and pause as I look into the candle-flame.

For the first time in my life, I feel claustrophobic. The smiles of my family and friends seem more like the leer of jack-o-lanterns now, their faces almost ghoulish in the dancing candle-light. They're all watching, waiting, wondering why I'm taking so long to blow out my candles and make a wish. I'm shirking my obligations by not signing that intangible contract.

I stare at the candles and wonder why it's considered good luck to make a wish by extinguishing the flames

When we look up at the midnight sky, we don't wish upon stars that are flickering out....

Why do we have to force them from burning? Would it not be better to instead let the candles be eaten away by the flames as they are meant to be, and then try to divine our dreams in the steadily dripping wax? What is it about a fire that is being snuffed out which gives it the power to make our dreams come true?

"Come on, hurry up, before the wax gets all over the frosting."

I look up, aware of the vulnerable expression veiling my face, and watch the others laugh in puzzlement, not understanding, never understanding.

"I can't," I tell them, but my voice is barely heard.

Are we afraid to let the fires wane? Do we rush to blow them out because we fear that our wishes will ignite, and that all our hopes and dreams will go up in smoke?

I step back and shake my head, allowing someone else to take my place and blow out the flames that represent all the years of my life.

I feel like I've just witnessed a murder; yet at least it wasn't suicide.

Last edited:
Oh, just hanging out with Demy - HEY GET BACK HERE
GuardianOfHearts said:
On your wedding day, you're going to force some accident to occur just for principle. XDDDDDD

XDDDDDDDDDD
Well, I dunno about that...might be tempting though. Perhaps me and my groom will fake that I'm preganant or something, just for laughs. Then again, I'm a lousy actress.

Well, actually I do believe in happy endings...it just takes a long, tortured road to get to them XP.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
.-.

GoH, you're way too dramatic. Just shut up and eat yer cake, flammit. IF YOU DON'T, I WILL!

IT'S CAKE FER CRYIN' OUT LOUD! CAKE!

>_< *eats cake* Too late, GoH. >_<

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
o.o YOU DON'T LIKE CAKE?!

O.O

o.o

Well.

This is... Unexpected. *throws away cake-flavoured Ferret treats*

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
XDDDDDDDDDDDDD SILVER!

When my parents aren't home to cook dinner, I'll eat anything if it sits still long enough. *eyes Kat with fork and knife* O.O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back