• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth by Sleep, um...Mouth-ing?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
It's not the actor's fault at all if the mouth-movements are off. Sometimes it's impossible to have an English phrase even remotely mesh up with Japanese mouth-movements. Kingdom Hearts generally has some of the best voice-acting in videogames.

Why do people constantly blame anything bad in KH on Disney?

the words dont have to sync but the acting doesnt sync with the body language in kh. like Larxene, her VA over did it, it didnt sound ral compared to the body language. As for days they just picked the wrong voices, like Xion.

Dissidia didnt have real mouth movement until the cgi (which surprisingly synced) and the VA still matched with the body language. It's also the amtter of timing. sometimes they speak so fast that they finish before the mouth does. Even if the mouth movement is real.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Your opinion. I thought Larxene was fine.

And isn't it a little early to start hating on Xion's voice? :/

Xnairb

Website
theredsquirtle.blogspot.com
I liked Larxene's voice in Re:COM, but of course, there is the problem of, for instance, Vexen saying "hour" and looking like he said "a-ch". I think whatever they do with Days, they'll probably do with BBS, which isn't looking good since it looked like they just voiced over with the days trailer. Then again, that might just be because they wanted to throw something together for those who don't speak japanese... We'll know soon enough.

[EDIT] 200th post, yay!

Allister Rose

French Lover
LArxene could have toned it down a bit to match her body language, sure she was a great actor, but thats all it was, you can tell it was pure acting, no realism in there. even when she was fading away she didnt really give the realism in there

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
I don't recall it being very bad in Re:CoM.

But I doubt a game as major as BBS wouldn't get synched.

Ugh, it was awful

Okay, I don't really know how to put this so it doesn't sound weird, but, in Birth by Sleep, will the mouth-ing of the words be synched to English, so that it looks like they're saying the words that they actually are, instead of having English audio and Japanese video?

Does that make sense?

I'm just wondering if they're going to do that. I know that they didn't do it with Re:COM, and it looked kind of awkward, but if it means getting BbS here sooner, then I don't give a crap how awkward it looks!

Thoughts? Clarifications?

I would hope that they would at least make an effort...But after seeing Re:CoM and Days, I'm not quite sure...

TerraFTW!

I liked Larxene's voice in Re:COM, but of course, there is the problem of, for instance, Vexen saying "hour" and looking like he said "a-ch". I think whatever they do with Days, they'll probably do with BBS, which isn't looking good since it looked like they just voiced over with the days trailer. Then again, that might just be because they wanted to throw something together for those who don't speak japanese... We'll know soon enough.

[EDIT] 200th post, yay!

KH: BbS is a lot more highly anticipated than Days. So you think that would try to make more of an effort than they did in Re:CoM and Days.

Detronilizer

You know what guys, I think the mouthing in Days will actually be fixed in the final product. If you noticed, even the lip-synching animations of the characters in the FFXIII trailer were from the Japanese clips. The trailers were probably rushed for the event.

If the mouthing animations of SE games like Crisis Core and Dissidia were changed for the English version, I'm pretty sure they'd do the same with something as highly-anticipated as Birth by Sleep.

Radon

mofo
I don't really care all too much but I think they'll make the effort with BBS like they did with KH1&2. Re:CoM sort of was last minute thinking and we haven't seen the final product of Days so we can't judge just yet.

ZexionsGirl6

They only didn't synch in Re: CoM is because it was originally supposed to be strictly in Japan. But then the demand for it in other countries became too high. And since it was already made, it'd take way too much time to lip-synch all the words into different languages, so they used the original synch in Japanese...
But it's highly likely that they'll synch it into English and other languages

Radon

mofo
They only didn't synch in Re: CoM is because it was originally supposed to be strictly in Japan. But then the demand for it in other countries became too high. And since it was already made, it'd take way too much time to lip-synch all the words into different languages, so they used the original synch in Japanese...
But it's highly likely that they'll synch it into English and other languages

WRONG!! (lol I always wanted to do that) :tongue:

While it was originally meant to be a Japan exclusive it only made it's was to NA and nowhere else. And it wasn't really high demand that made SE release it in NA it was the fact that it was a build up for Days which would be released less than a year later. But yes they couldn't be fucked going back to a long ago finished game to re-do the lipsynching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back