• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Best Dream Eater Team

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Ansem

So after doing a lot of research and trying various dream eater teams, I think I've found one that can be called the best or at the very minimum one of the best. I don't think there is one definitive best team since there is no way of getting all the stat boosts and everyone has different play styles, but this team is very capable, and yield good stats.

The team is comprised of:

Tryanto Rex
Keeba Tiger
Majik Lapin

There are three dream eaters in a team, and only two can be fighting at a time. This allows one spot that can be filled with a "useless" dream eater used only for the stats it unlocks. Now that can be a smart strategy but why have two kick ass dream eaters when you can have three that carry the same benefits (if not more) to switch out at will depending on the battle.

Now lets start with the basics. The stat boost everyone wants; HP Boost. There are five hp boosts possible to obtain in this game. Two dream eaters unlock all five on the same ability board - Zolephant, and R & R Seal. On my first playthrough on Proud I kept the seal in the third slot just to have these abilities, but it really is a waste of space. I don't recommend using them.

The other valuable abilities that are ideal for this game are Attack Boost, Attack Haste and Magic Boost and Magic Haste. Another dream eater that is commonly used and one that I also used in my first playthrough is the Frootz Cat. This dream eater unlocks all five attack and magic hastes in the same ability board! That's awesome right? No. The problem is that this dream eater really sucks. Like can't do any damage sucks. Which brings me to one of the biggest parts of assembling a good dream eater team.

You've got to have a team that is actually capable of fighting! Yes. There are benefits to having a crappy team that yields a lot of stat boosters but they won't help at all in a fight. It's true. Certain dream eaters are better than others at fighting. Just think of all the ones that are the hardest to kill in the game; the freaking dinosaur, and that damn teleporting tiger. Together these two really wreak havok on your team and do a lot of damage to your opponents. Plus the Majik Lapin uses some awesome spells in battle too. These are three dream eaters worth having on a team for their physical strengths alone, yet they also give great stat boosts.

These three dream eaters give all 5 HP boosts, the 3 Magic and Attack Boosts, 5 Magic Hastes, and (unfortunately only) 4 out of 5 Attack Hastes. Plus some other stats that I think are less important but still good. Rather than wasting space on a dream eater simply for its stats, here are three that are all equally capable and give more stat benefits.

Personally, this is my favorite team. I'm playing through Critical Mode right now and none of them have died once on me, rather they help me a lot. This team is great, BUT it really depends on your play style. I'm kind of an aggressive player; high risk, high reward. This team may not be for everyone but I can promise it will help at least one person.

I hope this has been helpful. I spent a lot of time making it.

dusktilldawn544

This has been really helpful but i have a few little quirks with your idea, you did for sure help me get the basis for making good teams so i thank you for that however.... i don't think having a Tyrano rex in your group benefits as much because you overlap ability's that could be put into something more defensive. For example change out the Tyrano for a Selterwild, this gives you more boosts including a reload boost and defense boosts while still keeping your main abilities. I looked over a few combinations for what seemed like hours and came up with these.

Skelterwild -- Keeba tiger -- Majik Lapin
Halbird -- Ryu Dragon -- Staggercreps
Ryu Dragon -- Keeba tiger -- pegaslick
Tyranno Rex -- Eaglider -- Majik Lapin

leme know what you think, each has a good balance and not to many overlapping ability's, and some more choices to how you want to play. Was looking all over the internet for something like this so i hope this helps.

KeybladeKid1127

So after doing a lot of research and trying various dream eater teams, I think I've found one that can be called the best or at the very minimum one of the best. I don't think there is one definitive best team since there is no way of getting all the stat boosts and everyone has different play styles, but this team is very capable, and yield good stats.

The team is comprised of:

Tryanto Rex
Keeba Tiger
Majik Lapin

There are three dream eaters in a team, and only two can be fighting at a time. This allows one spot that can be filled with a "useless" dream eater used only for the stats it unlocks. Now that can be a smart strategy but why have two kick ass dream eaters when you can have three that carry the same benefits (if not more) to switch out at will depending on the battle.

Now lets start with the basics. The stat boost everyone wants; HP Boost. There are five hp boosts possible to obtain in this game. Two dream eaters unlock all five on the same ability board - Zolephant, and R & R Seal. On my first playthrough on Proud I kept the seal in the third slot just to have these abilities, but it really is a waste of space. I don't recommend using them.

The other valuable abilities that are ideal for this game are Attack Boost, Attack Haste and Magic Boost and Magic Haste. Another dream eater that is commonly used and one that I also used in my first playthrough is the Frootz Cat. This dream eater unlocks all five attack and magic hastes in the same ability board! That's awesome right? No. The problem is that this dream eater really sucks. Like can't do any damage sucks. Which brings me to one of the biggest parts of assembling a good dream eater team.

You've got to have a team that is actually capable of fighting! Yes. There are benefits to having a crappy team that yields a lot of stat boosters but they won't help at all in a fight. It's true. Certain dream eaters are better than others at fighting. Just think of all the ones that are the hardest to kill in the game; the freaking dinosaur, and that damn teleporting tiger. Together these two really wreak havok on your team and do a lot of damage to your opponents. Plus the Majik Lapin uses some awesome spells in battle too. These are three dream eaters worth having on a team for their physical strengths alone, yet they also give great stat boosts.

These three dream eaters give all 5 HP boosts, the 3 Magic and Attack Boosts, 5 Magic Hastes, and (unfortunately only) 4 out of 5 Attack Hastes. Plus some other stats that I think are less important but still good. Rather than wasting space on a dream eater simply for its stats, here are three that are all equally capable and give more stat benefits.

Personally, this is my favorite team. I'm playing through Critical Mode right now and none of them have died once on me, rather they help me a lot. This team is great, BUT it really depends on your play style. I'm kind of an aggressive player; high risk, high reward. This team may not be for everyone but I can promise it will help at least one person.

I hope this has been helpful. I spent a lot of time making it.

I love this! both of you have great teams and have helped me out a lot, just one question could I do a sub for Aura Lion with Tryanto and Majik?

Basically I want to know what would be a good third party dream eater for Aura Lion and Tryanto Rex? I have been having trouble figuring it out!

dusktilldawn544

I love this! both of you have great teams and have helped me out a lot, just one question could I do a sub for Aura Lion with Tryanto and Majik?

Basically I want to know what would be a good third party dream eater for Aura Lion and Tryanto Rex? I have been having trouble figuring it out!

SO i had a huge thing typed up for you but the forms decided screw me, you dont get to do what you want so i will give you the quick version.

Tyrano Rex -- Aura Lion -- Hailbrd
Tyrano rex -- Aura Lion -- Ryu Dragon

both are very good i will just point out the flaws quick, the first gives you no real defence boosts, but good everything else, the second gives you all around good everything however no real haste buffs.... so yo cant really spam your abilitys that well, so if you time your shit well you will do really really well. sorry the longer more in depth version isnt here butt the forms decided to kick me in the face so yeaaaa HOPE IT HELPS!

KeybladeKid1127

SO i had a huge thing typed up for you but the forms decided screw me, you dont get to do what you want so i will give you the quick version.

Tyrano Rex -- Aura Lion -- Hailbrd
Tyrano rex -- Aura Lion -- Ryu Dragon

both are very good i will just point out the flaws quick, the first gives you no real defence boosts, but good everything else, the second gives you all around good everything however no real haste buffs.... so yo cant really spam your abilitys that well, so if you time your shit well you will do really really well. sorry the longer more in depth version isnt here butt the forms decided to kick me in the face so yeaaaa HOPE IT HELPS!

thanks I was actually going to test out tyranto rex eaglider and magik lapin combo first but I might try out yours too! thanks!

Dark Ansem

See. The problem with that is that you are missing out on either the magic hastes and boosts or attack hastes and boosts.

Actually. Yes. Skelterwild would totally be great for the team as he does give more varied stats. I do however think Tyranto is a more capable fighter, but really I think I would change my party for Skelerwild.

Good call!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back