• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Best Disney Movie?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
I'm going to be different and mention "Sleeping Beauty". Why is that? Just look at the show. It looks fantastic. The story wasn't that good, but the visual style was awesome for a Disney film.

Pirates of the Caribbean is a given in this thread, along with Beauty and Beast (most well-rounded Disney animated movie).

I'm surprised that no one mentioned "The Emporer's New Groove". That was the funniest movie Disney has ever made. Hell, I even think it's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

Hitokiri Efad

Website
baka-onigiri.blogspot.com
I'm embarrassed that I forgot Emperor's New Groove... And Lion King was great, but I agree with Square Ninja about Sleeping Beauty -- it carried on the true fairytale tradition. Malificent is an incredible villain.

But I still say Aladdin because 1) It has everything for a truly Disney story, 2) It's Robin Williams doing clean comedy, and 3) Jafar is a traditional villain, and you don't get a good villain like him anymore.

Plus, it's so quotable! Literally. Sit a bunch of teenagers in a room and start playing Aladdin. You'll very quickly see how many of them know the move really well... they'll start quoting it. A fun exercise to do with a youth group.

M

MegaFlare

Square Ninja said:
I'm going to be different and mention "Sleeping Beauty". Why is that? Just look at the show. It looks fantastic. The story wasn't that good, but the visual style was awesome for a Disney film.

Pirates of the Caribbean is a given in this thread, along with Beauty and Beast (most well-rounded Disney animated movie).

I'm surprised that no one mentioned "The Emporer's New Groove". That was the funniest movie Disney has ever made. Hell, I even think it's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

This man deserves an award. <3

+ Sleeping Beauty
+ Pirates of the Caribbean
+ Beauty and the Beast
+ The Emporer's New Groove

Honorable mentions: Aladdin, Lion King (Stfu, you know you cried when Mufasa died, too)

S

Shadow Soldier

Toy Story is awesome.. I dont know if that counts. But there's Bambi, Lion King, Tigger Movie... but im gonna have to say....

Hunchback of Notre Dame

M

MegaFlare

What did you have in mind? *wink wink*

Disney movie on Friday? ;-;

Great Mouse Detective is Disney, I think. I had forgot about it until now. :p

Another honorable mention:
+ Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back