• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Beginning of the Rose

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Am I?

~Beginning of the Rose~

~Chapter 1~

~1~
The majestic tower reached up into the blue sky casting a foreboding shadow upon the ground below. Carefully woven red flags depicting a ferocious battle between a man and a dragon hung from the small windows; they bellowed in the wind. The tower was made out of thick dark bricks that had already began to show age and the top of the tower was a circle of sharp, unforgiving spikes that pointed up to the Gods above. Down below, as an entrance to the tower, was a small oak door. It whistled as the wind found its way through the cracks giving away the impression that this tower was infact abandoned... You are wrong.

Screams, and deep breathing was heard along with the occasional words of 'Breathe!' echoeing around the rotting tower. Shortly afterwards the crying of a baby came to life breaking the unnatural feeling the tower gave away as if the tower was evil; the place was briefly filled with a wave of happiness.

"Congratulations, Madam. It's a girl."

A hooded man on a horse trampled through the waving flowers of the field towards the tower. His cloak flew freely in the wind; his body bent down low as the horse charged. The horse came to a sudden halt and the man almost collapsed, yet he was able to keep his balance. One foot came from the horse, then the next. He nodded briefly to the horse which then lowered it's head to munch happily on the green grass. He carefully examined the door, brushing his little finger against it's rough oaken frame. Shortly later he pushed it and it creaked open, and he was attacked by a quick wave of heat. Inside it wasn't too attractive; two bookcase was huddled close together at the left wall and that was all. Across from him was the beginning of a staircase that led to the very top - to the very top where he would find his wife, and his newborn child as well. Overcome with curiosity he trudged over to the staircase, and began to climb. He couldn't help but laugh; why were they in a tower? It took him awhile to actually locate this place because the letter that was supposed to tell him got lost and ended up at the doorstep of a poor peasant. Completely wrong place. He sighed, at least he was here.

As he climbed he could hear faint giggling; most probably from the female jester that his wife seemed to always have around. His wife hated to have a frown; that jester would always keep her happy. He was so very close to his wife and child - he just couldn't wait. He began climbing the stairs even faster.

"I'll name her... Susan."

~2~

"Ach! Why must ye be so cruel?" A chubby dwarf bellowed, hopping on one foot. He hung dearly onto his other foot which throbbed with pain. His 'dear friend' Kurtis had purposely dropped a horseshoe on his foot just for the fun of it.

"I didn't do it on purpose, Dwain." The 15 year old child, Kurtis, exclaimed rubbing the back of his head shyly.

Dwain growled and let go off his foot so he could finally walk using two feet again. he cringed as he placed the foot down, then he diverted his gaze to Kurtis. "When will ye ever grow up?" He asked.

"Never, I suppose."

"Hah. I dun' even know why I a 500 year old dwarf like me be hangin' out with a teenage prick." Dwain replied, glaring at Kurtis with an agitated look.

Kurtis laughed. "You worry too much, Dwain. Anyways... Have you heard? The lord has a child; she should be about 3 by now."

"Yer slow, mate. How long did it take fer ye to find that out?"

"Nobody tells me anything.." Kurtis sighed, and sat down in the hay. He looked faithfully at the horses that stared at the duo with curiosity. When Kurtis did look at them, the horse glanced away and continued munching on the food they had been given.

Dwain also sighed. "Its life, kid. Get used tae it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back