• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Awakenings (Massive Days Spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

peachie

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]This isn't much of a theory, but more of an expansion on the common “Sora had Ven's heart inside him, which went to Roxas” theory, but with thoughts on Xion's purpose in the game and exploring Roxas' dual wielding. This isn't anything groundbreaking, but it's what makes sense in my head. So, let's flesh things out a bit, shall we?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I'm not going to get into guessing the how or why Sora could have ended up with Ven's heart inside him. But let's just say that's what happened.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The foundation of this theory is that Ven's heart was completely dormant for those 10 years within Sora. In a state much like that of sleep. It wasn't functioning as a normal heart should, so that could have been why no nobody was created when it left Sora's body (unlike how Kairi's heart did resulting in Naminé). The dormant state of Ven's heart would also explain why Sora would have been totally unaware and not bothered by its presence for the majority of his life. And most likely we wouldn't have seen it being set free from Sora when he became a heartless because it was immediately born into Roxas upon his birth over in Twilight Town. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Anyway, Sora becomes a heartless, and the heart goes to Roxas for... whatever reason. What then?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Well, the idea is that it was born into Roxas while still dormant, just like it was within Sora. Furthermore, the 358/2 Days Ultimania BbS Speculation section emphasized the scene on Day 27, early in the game, where Xemnas is standing over a slumbering Roxas muttering, “So, you're still sleeping.” And I don't think Xemnas was simply pointing out the obvious there.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]At the beginning of Days Roxas acts lifelessly and barely even speaks to the point where it even weirded out the other nobodies. I'm thinking this is because of the state of his heart at the time and the total lack of memories highly exacerbated his condition. A key ingredient in a heart is memories, after all. Slowly the heart (in a body with no other heart to override it) was awakened in Roxas through his bonds with Axel and Xion and the memories he creates. This progression is pretty clear in the game. (If you haven't played the game or can't understand it, Roxas' diary entries emphasizes this growth well 0kingdom_hearts: 358/2 Days: Roxas' Diary) Through the course of the year, Roxas perks up and shows more and more emotion as the game progresses. Ven's heart gradually awakens.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Now that we've covered the basics, let's get into the fun bits and make some connections with Xion and dual wielding.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I think for those 357 days Roxas had a fake keyblade like Xion's. That sounds odd, but hear me out. Roxas and Xion could both use keyblades because they were technically products of Sora, but they didn't have legitimate ones like Sora's, Mickey's, or Riku's, because they only got them automatically based on their connections to him, and not through themselves. Good replicas, but not the same thing. (Which I guess could explain why Roxas used gears and not key chains in the game...) [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Anyway, after nearly a year of developing that heart, teetering on the brink of awakening, Xion's demise is what gave Ven's heart that final push. The straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. Ven's heart fully awoke within him and Roxas was then able to use the REAL keyblade his newly awakened heart granted him and the FAKEone he had been wielding the entire game at the same time. Fake + Real = Dual wielding. Picture related.[/FONT]

2dr982w.jpg

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]That's why Riku was shocked to see Roxas with a real keyblade when he fought him, and on the other hand wasn't surprised when he met Xion with her fake one. We would have never known Roxas had a fake because Riku would've been the only one to call him out on it, which he didn't because when Riku finally met Roxas, Roxas did have a real one then.[/FONT]

KHInsider – 358/2 Days Ultimania said:
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]-- In the end Roxas is able use two keyblades. Is this because he now has Xion’s? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Nomura:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] Well,[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] it isn’t that Roxas has physically inherited Xion’s keyblade[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif], but more that [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Xion has awakened it within Roxas[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]. In the [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]KH [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]series there are a lot of complex reasons why someone can use a keyblade, but basically you need a “heart” to be able to wield one. So strictly speaking, they are being influenced by Sora. At the present I can’t say more than that, since it would go into whether or not Roxas has a heart. And there is also a part that has to do with Xehanort’s memories.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Roxas never absorbed Xion, that's for sure, and I don't think he inherited anything from her either. It was just that Xion served as the catalyst that caused the awakening of his heart, and therefore the keyblade from within himself, which fits with what Nomura said.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif](Also, Xehanort's memories were briefly mentioned, and obviously the Ven factor would fit that bill.)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Okay then, what about Roxas in KH2? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]That's fairly simple. Now, after Roxas merges with Sora, his heart goes into a state of near sleep, overridden once again by Sora's heart, but still awake enough to give Sora the capacity to dual wield, and to a degree retain consciousness. One heart, one keyblade. Two hearts, two keyblades. Pretty common dual wielding theory, that's what I tend to agree with.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif](As for Riku, I would say the same the same applies to him with his and Xehanort's heart, which could be the reason he could dual wield with that keyblade he gave Kairi, but that's off topic.)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]And so Roxas stays in that sort of hibernated state for the majority of KH2. That is until Roxas witnesses Axel's death. That experience was traumatic enough to allow him to awaken his heart from inside Sora to have that fight with him in TWTNW. So, during the fight between the two we have that additional KH2FM scene with Roxas and Axel communicating telepathically.(Video: YouTube - *VOICES* KH2 Final Mix: Remembrance (English Subs) ) Yeah, that scene.
(For those of you who are confused as to when this happens, watch this video to clear it up: YouTube - KH2 Final Mix - Walkthrough (119) TWTNW (Pt. 1) - Roxas)
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
Axel: “Finally woken up? Nope, maybe you're going to sleep. Soon I won't even be able to talk to your consciousness like this.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Roxas: “I... I'm going back to how I was.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]HMM. Rings some bells. (Not to mention that's the scene where Axel asks him if he has a heart. And for Axel to suggest that is something, given that throughout Days Axel constantly reminds Roxas that he's a nobody, and that nobodies don't have hearts or emotions.)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I always thought that in this scene Roxas meant he was going back to the way he was before, like before he starting fighting Sora. But now I'm thinking that possibly means he's going to gradually go back to his original, fully dormant state from inside Sora, as his heart was before Roxas was even born. Axel doesn't say anything like, “Nope, maybe you're merging with Sora” or “Nope, maybe you're becoming Sora”, he says, “going to sleep”, and there's a very clear distinction there. You would think that if he were truly only Sora's nobody he would eventually just become fully become Sora.[/FONT] Not that Axel's word is the ultimate proof of this, but yeah.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Maybe.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]In conclusion...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I think the whole “Roxas absorbed Xion and took her keyblade” is a misconception since the absorption thing is flat out wrong, and Nomura clearly states that he doesn't physically inherit her keyblade. A heart (Ven's would make the most sense) awakening within Roxas simply seems to be the most logical explanation for him conjuring up a new keyblade. In my opinion, that is.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]In the words of Nomura, “As for Xion, she holds the key to the story, and there is a very specific reason she appears in this tale.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Upon first completing the game I was quick to judge Xion and deem her as an unnecessary addition. But if you think about it this way, the role Xion played was understandable and actually necessary because there would have needed to have been a very traumatic event to have taken place to push Roxas over the edge like that. Which is something that Axel couldn't provide yet because the story required him to live to KH2 (where he would then serve that same purpose), nor could any of the other established characters without some kind of new inclusion. Hence Xion.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Roxas left the organization pretty much like everyone thought all along: he wanted to know about himself, his identity, about this Sora kid that was dominating his life, and why he could wield the keyblade. At the very end of the game Roxas was practically begging Axel to tell him, but Axel refused to. Roxas immediately left TWTNW after their fight. Roxas felt lonely, and betrayed, like he had no one to trust.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Xion wasn't the reason he left the organization. Xion's purpose in the game wasn't to pass down her keyblade to Roxas.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]No, I think her “very specific” purpose in this story was to awaken the heart within Roxas. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Which ties in to BbB nicely.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]That's... my guess anyway.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Gee, that turned out longer than expected. I think I could rattle on, but that's enough for now. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I'M DONE.[/FONT]

marluxia101

wow dude! i really like this theory!! everything makes perfect sense!!

now i kinda envy you for not making up that theory first!!

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
Erm, mind explaining how Oblivion had memories of Xion/Roxas and spoke to Riku while they were fighting? Thus it is not unlikely for Xion to be linked on some basis to one of the keyblades, and not just trauma that brought it out. Have we seen any other keyblade capable of transmitting thoughts? No.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I'm not going to get into guessing the how or why Sora could have ended up with Ven's heart inside him. But let's just say that's what happened.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Okay, let's assume that's true.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Well, the idea is that it was born into Roxas while still dormant, just like it was within Sora. Furthermore, the 358/2 Days Ultimania BbS Speculation section emphasized the scene on Day 27, early in the game, where Xemnas is standing over a slumbering Roxas muttering, “So, you're still sleeping.” And I don't think Xemnas was simply pointing out the obvious there.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
I think he was. I don't really think it was anything special. Maybe it's be Roxas was dreaming of Sora?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]At the beginning of Days Roxas acts lifelessly and barely even speaks to the point where it even weirded out the other nobodies. I'm thinking this is because of the state of his heart at the time and the total lack of memories highly exacerbated his condition. A key ingredient in a heart is memories, after all. Slowly the heart (in a body with no other heart to override it) was awakened in Roxas through his bonds with Axel and Xion and the memories he creates. This progression is pretty clear in the game. (If you haven't played the game or can't understand it, Roxas' diary entries emphasizes this growth well 0kingdom_hearts: 358/2 Days: Roxas' Diary) Through the course of the year, Roxas perks up and shows more and more emotion as the game progresses. Ven's heart gradually awakens.[/FONT]
He shows more emotion because when he was "born" he didn't know about anything. He was basically a newborn baby without memories to tell her how he should act, think or feel. So as he goes on, he learns stuff and forms his own opinion on things.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I think for those 357 days Roxas had a fake keyblade like Xion's. That sounds odd, but hear me out. Roxas and Xion could both use keyblades because they were technically products of Sora, but they didn't have legitimate ones like Sora's, Mickey's, or Riku's, because they only got them automatically based on their connections to him, and not through themselves. Good replicas, but not the same thing. (Which I guess could explain why Roxas used gears and not key chains in the game...) [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
Well we know that both Roxas and Xion's Keyblades were one in the same. The were both using Sora's Keyblade, neither was fake. Nomura explained Roxas and Xion as a scale, when one get more powerful, the other gets weaker. Which explain were Xion couldn't use the Keyblade for a while, because Roxas grew stronger. Also, Gears are just a gameplay thing, nothing to do with the plot.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Anyway, after nearly a year of developing that heart, teetering on the brink of awakening, Xion's demise is what gave Ven's heart that final push. The straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. Ven's heart fully awoke within him and Roxas was then able to use the REAL keyblade his newly awakened heart granted him and the FAKEone he had been wielding the entire game at the same time. Fake + Real = Dual wielding. Picture related.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Roxas gained the ability to duel wield after absorbing Xion. Basically it was Roxas+Xion (two people using the keyblade) = Duel Wielding.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]That's why Riku was shocked to see Roxas with a real keyblade when he fought him, and on the other hand wasn't surprised when he met Xion with her fake one. We would have never known Roxas had a fake because Riku would've been the only one to call him out on it, which he didn't because when Riku finally met Roxas, Roxas did have a real one then.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
Riku was shocked because he realised that Roxas really was Sora's Nobody since he was using his Keyblade. He explained it himself that in that fight he finally knew it was true, because before that he didn't want to believe his best friend had a Nobody.

And Riku was surprised when he met Xion. But he concluded that he Keyblade must be a fake, because at that time when Riku lifted back Xion's hood and removed his blindfold, what he saw shocked him made him think that Xion was a fake with a fake Keyblade.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Roxas never absorbed Xion, that's for sure, and I don't think he inherited anything from her either. It was just that Xion served as the catalyst that caused the awakening of his heart, and therefore the keyblade from within himself, which fits with what Nomura said.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
But Roxas did absorb Xion. She knew that one of them had to absorb the other, so she attacked Roxas to force him to absorb her, because she didn't want to absorb him and complete Xemnas' plans.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]That's fairly simple. Now, after Roxas merges with Sora, his heart goes into a state of near sleep, overridden once again by Sora's heart, but still awake enough to give Sora the capacity to dual wield, and to a degree retain consciousness. One heart, one keyblade. Two hearts, two keyblades. Pretty common dual wielding theory, that's what I tend to agree with.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif](As for Riku, I would say the same the same applies to him with his and Xehanort's heart, which could be the reason he could dual wield with that keyblade he gave Kairi, but that's off topic.)[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
Roxas can duel wield because Sora can, as Nomura said, because they are two halves of the same person. Sora can do everything Roxas can do, and vice versa. It's just that Sora never actually try to duel wield, or even learn how to do so. Drive forms would give him that extra push so he could.[/FONT]

And so Roxas stays in that sort of hibernated state for the majority of KH2. That is until Roxas witnesses Axel's death. That experience was traumatic enough to allow him to awaken his heart from inside Sora to have that fight with him in TWTNW. So, during the fight between the two we have that additional KH2FM scene with Roxas and Axel communicating telepathically.(Video: YouTube - *VOICES* KH2 Final Mix: Remembrance (English Subs) ) Yeah, that scene.
(For those of you who are confused as to when this happens, watch this video to clear it up: YouTube - KH2 Final Mix - Walkthrough (119) TWTNW (Pt. 1) - Roxas)
Yes, Axel's death allowed Roxas to wake up and fight Sora, and talk to Axel.

HMM. Rings some bells. (Not to mention that's the scene where Axel asks him if he has a heart. And for Axel to suggest that is something, given that throughout Days Axel constantly reminds Roxas that he's a nobody, and that nobodies don't have hearts or emotions.)
Roxas also comments that he doesn't know if he has a heart or not, and that Sora would find the answer, because he is Sora.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I always thought that in this scene Roxas meant he was going back to the way he was before, like before he starting fighting Sora. But now I'm thinking that possibly means he's going to gradually go back to his original, fully dormant state from inside Sora, as his heart was before Roxas was even born. Axel doesn't say anything like, “Nope, maybe you're merging with Sora” or “Nope, maybe you're becoming Sora”, he says, “going to sleep”, and there's a very clear distinction there. You would think that if he were truly only Sora's nobody he would eventually just become fully become Sora.[/FONT] Not that Axel's word is the ultimate proof of this, but yeah.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
Roxas meant that he was going back to being his complete self with Sora. Axel meant going to sleep in the sence that Roxas is fading away to become Sora which is why he said he wouldn't be able to speak to Roxas' consciousness anymore, because Roxas wouldn't be Roxas, he'd be one with Sora.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I think the whole “Roxas absorbed Xion and took her keyblade” is a misconception since the absorption thing is flat out wrong, and Nomura clearly states that he doesn't physically inherit her keyblade. A heart (Ven's would make the most sense) awakening within Roxas simply seems to be the most logical explanation for him conjuring up a new keyblade. In my opinion, that is.[/FONT]
Except Roxas does absorb Xion. And yes, Roxas doesn't physically inherit the Keyblade, but just gains the ability to split the Keyblade in two and dual wield it, "it" being Sora's Keyblade.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]In the words of Nomura, “As for Xion, she holds the key to the story, and there is a very specific reason she appears in this tale.”[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
Maybe because she appeared as Ven to Xigbar at one point, which connects us to Ven, who is clearly connected to Sora, which is of course connected to BbS. These three games are meant to connect and help us with KHIII's story.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Upon first completing the game I was quick to judge Xion and deem her as an unnecessary addition. But if you think about it this way, the role Xion played was understandable and actually necessary because there would have needed to have been a very traumatic event to have taken place to push Roxas over the edge like that. Which is something that Axel couldn't provide yet because the story required him to live to KH2 (where he would then serve that same purpose), nor could any of the other established characters without some kind of new inclusion. Hence Xion.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
Wait.. why does Roxas need to be pushed over the edge in the first place? I always thought Xion was there to provide some sort of interesting story for Roxas to be involved with since the game would be pretty boring if nothing interesting happened.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Roxas left the organization pretty much like everyone thought all along: he wanted to know about himself, his identity, about this Sora kid that was dominating his life, and why he could wield the keyblade. At the very end of the game Roxas was practically begging Axel to tell him, but Axel refused to. Roxas immediately left TWTNW after their fight. Roxas felt lonely, and betrayed, like he had no one to trust.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Xion wasn't the reason he left the organization. Xion's purpose in the game wasn't to pass down her keyblade to Roxas.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
Xion pretty much gave Roxas the incentive to want to find out who he is. Because if you noticed, Roxas didn't really seem to care about who hw was until Xion gave him the idea. Roxas was perfectly fine just doing missions and eat ice cream with Axel.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]No, I think her “very specific” purpose in this story was to awaken the heart within Roxas. [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
Or to provide and interesting story and compel Roxas into leaving the Organisation all while link Days to BbS by giving us a connectiong to Ven through Sora with Xigbar's help when he saw Ven through Xion.[/FONT]

Awards
Several issues/questions I have with this:
- Why would the heart remain dormant in Sora but then start to awaken in Roxas? I know you explain this by saying Sora's heart overrides Ven's, but there's just something odd about that justification. I don't think Sora's heart made Kairi's heart dormant, considering that he experienced some of her memories, so I don't see how it would be different with Ven (if the only reason is that Sora's heart "overrides" his.). Also, Ven's heart may not have necessarily even left Sora's body. Most people assume that when the Dark Keyblade unlocks hearts, they're set free. Not true. Look at Maleficent. It unlocks their potential. So Kairi's Heart was returned to her, Sora's was set free (for whatever reason), and Ven's? Perhaps it went from a dormant to an awoken state.

- I have an issue with the idea that Roxas' keyblade is fake. As you've suggested, the dual wielding occurs through Roxas using his fake KK and Ven's real KK. The Ven part is interesting, and it's definitely something you should think about more (it's implying that Ven was chosen for the KK). But Roxas' keyblade had to be real. If it was not, none of the hearts he freed from the Heartless would have gone to Xemnas' Kingdom Hearts. If a fake keyblade can do the same thing as a real Keyblade, there's really nothing that warrants it being branded as a "fake."

- I may be misinterpreting this, but I dislike the idea of differentiation between Roxas dual wielding in Days and Sora dual wielding in KH2. You say in Days that Roxas uses his own fake keyblade and Ven's real one. Then, in KH2, Sora uses his and Ven's real keyblades. I've gotten the impression so far from what Nomura has said that all dual wielding has an underlying explanation, ie Roxas and Sora dual wield because of the same reasons (and, by extension, under the same conditions). Having their dual wielding be separate like that kinda isolates the concept. It feels like there wouldn't be much connection between them.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
I think he was. I don't really think it was anything special. Maybe it's be Roxas was dreaming of Sora?[/FONT]
The Ultimania has pretty much implied that it was something special.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
Roxas gained the ability to duel wield after absorbing Xion. Basically it was Roxas+Xion (two people using the keyblade) = Duel Wielding.
Roxas isn't really the one who absorbed Xion, though. It's Sora. She herself said she was returning to Sora. It's not like all of those light shards floated into Roxas. Don't get me wrong, a piece of Xion may have been placed within Roxas, but, for the most part, she went to Sora.

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
- I have an issue with the idea that Roxas' keyblade is fake. As you've suggested, the dual wielding occurs through Roxas using his fake KK and Ven's real KK. The Ven part is interesting, and it's definitely something you should think about more (it's implying that Ven was chosen for the KK). But Roxas' keyblade had to be real. If it was not, none of the hearts he freed from the Heartless would have gone to Xemnas' Kingdom Hearts. If a fake keyblade can do the same thing as a real Keyblade, there's really nothing that warrants it being branded as a "fake."

- I may be misinterpreting this, but I dislike the idea of differentiation between Roxas dual wielding in Days and Sora dual wielding in KH2. You say in Days that Roxas uses his own fake keyblade and Ven's real one. Then, in KH2, Sora uses his and Ven's real keyblades. I've gotten the impression so far from what Nomura has said that all dual wielding has an underlying explanation, ie Roxas and Sora dual wield because of the same reasons (and, by extension, under the same conditions). Having their dual wielding be separate like that kinda isolates the concept. It feels like there wouldn't be much connection between them.

And it has also been confirmed that the Keyblade Sora was using at the time of KH1,COM, AND KH2 was the same keyblade Roxas was using.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]This isn't much of a theory, but more of an expansion on the common “Sora had Ven's heart inside him, which went to Roxas” theory, but with thoughts on Xion's purpose in the game and exploring Roxas' dual wielding. This isn't anything groundbreaking, but it's what makes sense in my head. So, let's flesh things out a bit, shall we?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The foundation of this theory is that Ven's heart was completely dormant for those 10 years within Sora. In a state much like that of sleep. It wasn't functioning as a normal heart should, so that could have been why no nobody was created when it left Sora's body (unlike how Kairi's heart did resulting in Naminé). The dormant state of Ven's heart would also explain why Sora would have been totally unaware and not bothered by its presence for the majority of his life. And most likely we wouldn't have seen it being set free from Sora when he became a heartless because it was immediately born into Roxas upon his birth over in Twilight Town. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Anyway, Sora becomes a heartless, and the heart goes to Roxas for... whatever reason. What then?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Well, the idea is that it was born into Roxas while still dormant, just like it was within Sora. Furthermore, the 358/2 Days Ultimania BbS Speculation section emphasized the scene on Day 27, early in the game, where Xemnas is standing over a slumbering Roxas muttering, “So, you're still sleeping.” And I don't think Xemnas was simply pointing out the obvious there.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Now that we've covered the basics, let's get into the fun bits and make some connections with Xion and dual wielding.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I think for those 357 days Roxas had a fake keyblade like Xion's. That sounds odd, but hear me out. Roxas and Xion could both use keyblades because they were technically products of Sora, but they didn't have legitimate ones like Sora's, Mickey's, or Riku's, because they only got them automatically based on their connections to him, and not through themselves. Good replicas, but not the same thing. (Which I guess could explain why Roxas used gears and not key chains in the game...) [/FONT]

2dr982w.jpg

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]That's why Riku was shocked to see Roxas with a real keyblade when he fought him, and on the other hand wasn't surprised when he met Xion with her fake one. We would have never known Roxas had a fake because Riku would've been the only one to call him out on it, which he didn't because when Riku finally met Roxas, Roxas did have a real one then.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Roxas never absorbed Xion, that's for sure, and I don't think he inherited anything from her either. It was just that Xion served as the catalyst that caused the awakening of his heart, and therefore the keyblade from within himself, which fits with what Nomura said.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif](Also, Xehanort's memories were briefly mentioned, and obviously the Ven factor would fit that bill.)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Okay then, what about Roxas in KH2? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]That's fairly simple. Now, after Roxas merges with Sora, his heart goes into a state of near sleep, overridden once again by Sora's heart, but still awake enough to give Sora the capacity to dual wield, and to a degree retain consciousness. One heart, one keyblade. Two hearts, two keyblades. Pretty common dual wielding theory, that's what I tend to agree with.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]And so Roxas stays in that sort of hibernated state for the majority of KH2. That is until Roxas witnesses Axel's death. That experience was traumatic enough to allow him to awaken his heart from inside Sora to have that fight with him in TWTNW. So, during the fight between the two we have that additional KH2FM scene with Roxas and Axel communicating telepathically.(Video: YouTube - *VOICES* KH2 Final Mix: Remembrance (English Subs) ) Yeah, that scene. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif](For those of you who are confused as to when this happens, watch this video to clear it up: YouTube - KH2 Final Mix - Walkthrough (119) TWTNW (Pt. 1) - Roxas)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]HMM. Rings some bells. (Not to mention that's the scene where Axel asks him if he has a heart. And for Axel to suggest that is something, given that throughout Days Axel constantly reminds Roxas that he's a nobody, and that nobodies don't have hearts or emotions.)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I always thought that in this scene Roxas meant he was going back to the way he was before, like before he starting fighting Sora. But now I'm thinking that possibly means he's going to gradually go back to his original, fully dormant state from inside Sora, as his heart was before Roxas was even born. Axel doesn't say anything like, “Nope, maybe you're merging with Sora” or “Nope, maybe you're becoming Sora”, he says, “going to sleep”, and there's a very clear distinction there. You would think that if he were truly only Sora's nobody he would eventually just become fully become Sora.[/FONT] Not that Axel's word is the ultimate proof of this, but yeah.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Maybe.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]In conclusion...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]In the words of Nomura, “As for Xion, she holds the key to the story, and there is a very specific reason she appears in this tale.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Upon first completing the game I was quick to judge Xion and deem her as an unnecessary addition. But if you think about it this way, the role Xion played was understandable and actually necessary because there would have needed to have been a very traumatic event to have taken place to push Roxas over the edge like that. Which is something that Axel couldn't provide yet because the story required him to live to KH2 (where he would then serve that same purpose), nor could any of the other established characters without some kind of new inclusion. Hence Xion.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Roxas left the organization pretty much like everyone thought all along: he wanted to know about himself, his identity, about this Sora kid that was dominating his life, and why he could wield the keyblade. At the very end of the game Roxas was practically begging Axel to tell him, but Axel refused to. Roxas immediately left TWTNW after their fight. Roxas felt lonely, and betrayed, like he had no one to trust.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]No, I think her “very specific” purpose in this story was to awaken the heart within Roxas. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]That's... my guess anyway.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Gee, that turned out longer than expected. I think I could rattle on, but that's enough for now. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I'M DONE.[/FONT]

it's a very well explained theory... I would happen to agree that's how Roxas was able to dual wield... just one thing about the 'fake' keyblade Idea....I happen to thin that the keyblade isn't exactly 'passed on' but I think that when Sora passed Ven's heart onto Roxas that the keyblade in sora became incomplete just like how Sora himself became parts and split into incomplete parts tooo but the parts still look like the real keyblade... that's how I think Roxas and Xion got their 'fake' keyblades...

Allister Rose

French Lover
i thought dual wielding was already answered....roxas keyblade and sora's keyblade are one and the same....tetsuya nomura said while one keyblade is being used in CO, the same time roxas is using it aswell.

only Xion's keyblade is made up of memory. so when she disappears and roxas absorbs her, he then gets her keyblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back