• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Anxiety (ways to deal with it)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muse

you look atrocious
Over this past year, I have become increasingly anxious. I'm constantly skittish and worrying about every possible thing. While a little anxiety's supposed to be good for everyone, I get physically ill whenever I start having an anxiety fit. I get shaky all over, which is normal I think, but I also get nauseous. Like, really really nauseous. And I throw up.

If this was just a one time deal I wouldn't be so worried about it, but this has been a thing that's happened for four, going on five months now. I missed a lot of days of school last semester due to my stomach, I was literally at the point where if I missed one more day, I would have failed all my classes.

Now, I have been to the doctor about this. I got some nausea pills back when it first started happening, and I recently went to the doctor this past Monday and I have even more medicine, including some that's supposed to help with anxiety. It's only been a few days, so I can't really tell if it's going to help. And in any case, I have another doctor's appointment later this month, so that's at least a thing.

Kind of what I really want is to know if there's anything I can do that can help relieve it, other than taking medicine. Any kind of activity or different diet or whatever. Really, any advice would be great.

sorry if this is kind of really weird as shit :c

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
I don't know much about alternative remedies, but I do know that you should wait at least a month before you decide that your new medication isn't working (or if you notice any side effects kicking in that you'd rather not deal with). Otherwise, some form of therapy could be tremendously helpful. For some people it takes a combination of the two, or just one or the other. Actively exploring your options is really the only thing you can do.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
...as strange as this sounds, I have terrible anxiety and I rely mostly on alternative remedies to help me deal with it. So fwee! :D Hopefully this helps somehow, though. I can't say much about medicine, though, so blargh.

One of the best things you can do to deal with anxiety 'n stuff is deep breathing. It sounds a little weird, but if you take deep breathes when you're feeling anxious, it helps tremendously. Tightening and then relaxing your muscles helps, too. Both of those sound weird, but seriously, it helps so much. But, with the long term, just exercising helps a lot, but not having a lot of caffeine or sugar can help a lot as well. But, in general, the deep breathing stuff can help tremendously in the long term. Finding a source for the anxiety, too, and taking care of that can help a lot as well, like if something stressful is causing it or something else. But meep, hopefully that's a little helpful! ;;

Zipporahss

I would recommend natual ways of dealing with it. But first you must find out what makes you so nervous. Then you must condition your body to either avoid or deal with what ever it is that's causing it. It could be a fear of something, because I believe our bodies dnt react to nothing, they react to something always, what your describing could be an unconscious fear of something, something that happened but you don't remember but your body does.

sorry if this sounds strange

EDIT

Sorry forgot to add this. Depending on how voilent ur shakes are I would recommend doing some jumping jacks or some form of exercise to work off all that movement. Sometimes going to a calm place and listening to the wind blow and watching squirells and other little animals is relaxing enough to calm ur body down. Also try listening to Classical music, like Morzart or Beehtoven (omg i can't spell today!) Try to do that regulary it might help ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back