• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ansem and Riku's weapons

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkness Riku

Riku's sword is the Soul Eater,obviously,but in the End of Kingdom Hearts,Ansem in the Monster-ship has a double-sided Soul Eater!So does that mean Riku got the sword from him or what.Theories?

Mikail

That's What She Said
Awards
Re: Ever notice Ansem and Riku's swords?

No ones knows, it hasnt been explained. Although it is easy to say Riku kept the Soul Eater after Ansem took over him.

R

Riku1025

I think i read somewhere that Riku got the SE from Malificent. Ansem is probably using it because he posseses Riku and transformed his SE.

Lisafer

Website
www.xanga.com

ARGH! I was JUST about to make this topic.

Right then.

It's only been stated in fanfiction that Riku got his sword from Malificent, but I'd always invisioned a touching moment between Riku and Ansem when Riku gets his first weapon. Ahh, love at first sight. ^__^

EDIT: Behold! The Soul Eater! (aka Riku's weapon for you KH-illiterate folks. X.x)

Souleater.jpg

Sadly, I have not found a picture of Ansem's weapon. Just know that it is a long, black pole with one of these on each side.

Last edited:

Gungrave

Who cares how he got t? The weapon is sweet and it makes Riku twice the badass he already is.

Darkness Riku

So the Soul Eater is basically a darkness weapon.I wonder if It'll appear in Kingdom Hearts 2.I doubt it,but it would be awesome.

Cole

He got the weapon from malificant, and when ansem possesed Riku, he used rikus weapon

Lisafer

Website
www.xanga.com

Cole said:
He got the weapon from malificant, and when ansem possesed Riku, he used rikus weapon
Incorrect.

Ansem used Riku's keyblade while he was posessed, not the soul eater.

It's all clever symbolism on Square's part. Ansem took Riku under his wing, gave him the sword, and used his own powerful variation in an attempt to defeat Sora, showing his dominance and leadership.

SantoryuKeyblade

Since Riku was absorbed by darkness in the beginning of the game, and if you've read Ansems reports, he was absorbed to. The darkness probably provided them with weapons, just like Sora and the Keyblade.

D

dark mew

the soul eater looks sweet i wish i had one of my own and riku did get it from ansem

Cole

Lisafer said:
Incorrect.

Ansem used Riku's keyblade while he was posessed, not the soul eater.

It's all clever symbolism on Square's part. Ansem took Riku under his wing, gave him the sword, and used his own powerful variation in an attempt to defeat Sora, showing his dominance and leadership.
your kinda right, but mostly wrong. You remeber that Riku's real keyblade is the one that Sora has, and he had the soul eater sword at traverse town and when you fight him before Ansem posses him. Than Ansem uses the other keyblade (open to debate where he got it from) when he first posses Riku, than when Sora defeats Riku at Hollow Bastin, that he drops the keyblade, than Ansem/Riku uses the soul eater for the final boss fight.

Reverse Rebirth

Ok first of all just from reading this thread you can come to the conclusion that noone really knows except for the makers of KH where the Soul Eater came from. I'm here to tell my theory on where it came from.

Heres the facts and ideas that build up my theoory-

1 When Riku first embraced the darkness
2 What the Soal Eater does
3 How i think Riku's Soal Eater Soul Eater was created
4 How I think Ansem got the double Ended Soul Eater
5 Another Theory based on COM

1 When Riku first embraced the darkness-

On Destiny Island Riku Embraced the Darkness in an attempt to get off his prison, The islands

2 What the Soal Eater does-

The Soal Eater is a weapon that feads of the darkness of someones heart. So the more darkness in someones heart and the darkness in the peoples hearts the Soal Eater consumes the stronger it gets.

3 How i think Riku's Soal Eater Soul Eater was created

I believe that Riku's Soul Eater was created when he embraced Darkness. I say this because of the characteristics of the weapon and the fact that Riku was the "Origonal" keyblade bearer as people like to call him. Since he embraced Darkness his heart's darkness became stronger and since he was nolonger able to use a keyblade (more or less) his heard created a substitute weapon being the Soal Eater which would work best alongside someone with a strong heart, which someone destined to be a keybearer must have.

4 How I think Ansem got the double Ended Soul Eater-

Ansem possesed Riku meaning Ansem obtained Riku's weapon. The reason why it changed shape is most likely because the person using its darkness is stronger. This is Ansem we're talking about or atleast part of him (i'll touch on this later). The stronger the darkness, the stronger the Soul Eater beacomes which would mean that someone possesed by Ansem would have loads of darkness inside of them meaning that the Soul Eater would not only beacome stronger but it may also change shape (being in the realm of darkness helps too).

5 Another Theory based on COM- ***possible spoilers***

Diz states when you first meat him in "Reverse Rebirth" that he is basically both Ansem and not Ansem at the same time. This can be close to proven within my theory.

The Ansem you see at the end of the game isn't what Ansem really looks like, more or less. He mearly took on the features of the person he possesed and manipulated that form to fit him. For example, the hair, it is white lexactly like Riku's and the only reason why it is that colour is because he possesed Riku. For all we know Ansem could have vibrant "Red" hair which is highly unlikely in my eyes. This would mean that the person you fought at the end of KH was not Ansem but a manipulated form of Riku possesed by Ansem.

Now to pinpoint the conection imbetween Ansem and Diz. When you first see Ansem in KH he is in a cloak and merely what is left after he became, as he so kindly stated near the end of KH, "The hearts true essence", Darkness. What you see at the begining of KH is Ansems Heart consumed by dDarkness wandering around trying to find a new hoast and guess who is manipulated and chosen, Riku (Poor Riku's got it hard :'( ).

Now if what we know as Ansem is merely a crafted body and a heart of darkness then where is the other parts of Ansem? Mickey states that Diz seams familiar to him somehow. If anyone remembers King Mickey pays a visit to Ansem during his travels before Ansem's heart beacomes one with darkness. This would explain why he recognises Diz. In another Ansems report we learn that When a heart is cast into darkness what remains is a mere shell. I believe that Diz is Ansem's shell.

But why bandage yourself up? Well I can think of 3 reasons.

1- To hide his identity from the king

2- Ansem, in an atempt to beacome one with darkness experimented with is and may have badly damadged his body while going through the transfer from excesive amounts of darkness.

3-He is ashamed of who he is and what has beacome of his heart so he doesn't want to show his face to anyone (But i wouldn't blame him :D)

Thanks to anyone who actually took the time to read all that

And if anyone can prove me wrong please do, be my guest i'd like your imput

S

Shadow Keyblade

I think the Soul Eater is the weapon of Darkness.Reasons?

Riku got the weapon before he even knew Ansem ,so he just got it as a result of turning to the Darkness.

Ansem was able to use the Double sided SoulEater because his Darkness is alot more powerful than Riku's.

Riku's Heart Unlocker Keyblade was made because they had to unlock Sora's heart.

There are a few reasons to why the Souleater is there.Hope you liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back