• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Am I the only one who didn't like the decision of introducing new Princesses of Heart?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MysticMage10

Awards
I mean, was it ever explained why Kairi didn't pass on her light to someone else for safe keeping? Why did the other princesses have to do that but not Kairi?
Because she's a keyblade wielder? It just makes the originals feel so insignificant now, since it just feels like Sora and the gang are protecting the light each princess holds, rather than the princesses themselves. One of the new seven hearts I wanted to call out in particular was uhh Elsa? Having one of the new seven be Elsa never made much sense to me considering if you take her
personality into account, she doesn't really seem pure of heart. You could be inherently good, but not necessarily pure (i.e. like Sora) and that's the kind of vibe I get from Elsa. I just think the original seven worked just fine imo.d29tio4-8ecaa23a-5587-4631-97d7-081ab1d02d93.jpg

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Maybe I've forgotten, but I don't think there was an explanation for why Kairi is still a PoH. As for the decision to make new ones, I was a bit disappointed at first, but I got over it. If anything, I was curious which princesses were going to take the final three spots.

I just wish they had more to do in KH3 and hope that Nomura has plans for them in the next arc.

MysticMage10

Awards
If anything, I was curious which princesses were going to take the final three spots.
This is what I'm afraid of. I know that Disney, for whatever reason (It'sobviouswhy), is more involved with the production of the series so now they want to see the new wave Princesses become relevant to the story. I mean all they had to do was include the worlds that they live in and that's it, they didn't have to make the original princesses irrelevant just make room for the new ones.

And why force new princesses of heart to the lore when they've introduced the seven guardians of light? What's the difference between the role of princess of heart and guardian of light other than one being keyblade wielders?

Chie

Awards
One of them has the seven lights that were split from the x-blade. The other is just a fancy name for "the protagonists" that means almost nothing in the plot. These are pretty obviously different concepts, albeit not particularly interesting ones.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Disney isn't pushing its new titles onto Nomura. That's not how it works. They're actually, in a lot of ways, less involved in the series than they were the games started. Nomura sees new movies as they come out and regardless of the plan, he asks Disney if they're fair game. Disney didn't make Nomura include Frozen, he saw it and asked to include it before it became the giant hit it is.

In terms of how involved they are on the actual development and design of the worlds at the games go on is because with the new titles the original teams that worked on the movies are all still alive.

Back