• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Am I Alone on This?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterHearts7762

I've been seeing a lot of people saying that Com and Re: Com are their favorite KH games. Now here's my question.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THAT ITS THE WORST GAME IN THE SERIES!?

Not to say that its a bad game but I just dont see why its the best. I hate the card system, choosing what to level up, the worlds are just like they were in KH1 except with rooms and without the whole villain alliance. The storyline's deep and all but it didn't really appeal to me. I mean, your main objective is to save a girl who you've never met (well you sort of have since she's part of Kairi) and who doesnt technically exist. And I hate story's where the main characters are clueless about stuff and we know whats going on. There are times when Sora would talk about Namine and I would yell " No you dumbass! It's Kairi! Kairi!"

Keep in mind that I havent played Reverse Rebirth so this is all based on Sora's story.

The card system and choosing what to level were some of the best parts. The cards actually made you thin before attacking and it wan't just random button mashing.

A

Azrael

In fact, I would had preferred Riku starting at the Destiny Islands and then fighting Zexion in Hollow Bastion since that was when his association with darkness reached his peak. It would had been nice if Riku had his own summons or interactions with the characters other than "enter here, kill this boss, exit out and repeat the same thing"

HeartlesGuardian

Ah. But really, if Riku turns over a leaf in CoM, why WOULD he kidnap Jasmine or Pinoccio?

I guess the reason why we don't see those is because Riku is fighting against evil (In Agrabah's case, Jafar)

So Riku would kidnap Jasmine for...himself? That would make no sense, hence why it wasn't added.

Not to say I wouldn't have minded more story in Riku's worlds

A

Azrael

Curiously irelevant to his character development though, the Jasmine thing.

Jasmine didn't had to be mentioned.

It could had been something like Jafar wanting Riku to help take over Agrabah but Riku decides to turn on him, etc.

A

Azrael

I'll give you that. Riku turning into a genie would have been quite a plot twist.

Hell, Riku using Heartless as Summons as part of the whole Dark powers thing would had been awesome.

Riku having different forms in each world like a ghost in Halloween Town, merman in Atlantica.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Sora didn't even get a merman. I doubt Riku would.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Hell, Riku using Heartless as Summons as part of the whole Dark powers thing would had been awesome.

Riku having different forms in each world like a ghost in Halloween Town, merman in Atlantica.

That would have been awesome; the closest they did to that was adding a new enemy card cooresponding to the most common enemy in every world, when entering that world.

anti-form137

The things I didn't like about CoM was how the memory subplots
were pointless. Beating most of the floors was just an annoying
chore so you could advance further on and see the few glimpses
of the main plot inbetween each floor.

Another thing I didn't like was how CoM took the KH story in
a different direction. The end of KH1 left a great deal of
potential for the story to advance in any direction, but that
potential was brought to an abrubt end when Sora gets
trapped in Castle Oblivion and then gets his memories
messed up by a witch. The adventure in CoM accomplished
almost nothing except for dispose of a few Organization
members. The CoM adventure itself resulted in a loss for
Sora in more ways than one. Riku's story in CoM was much
better than Sora's story. At least his adventure wasn't
completely useless. And at the end of CoM, it turns out Riku
and Mickey are the ones with the great deal of potential to
advance their story in any direction.

Thank you

Joe_Keybladerz

The gameplay sucks a bit but the story is fantastic. The game itself on the GBA was great, I mean, they managed to add some cutscenes into the GBA and the graphics were also solid. As for Re: COM, its okay, they could've done better.

Shade737

Silver Member
The gameplay sucks a bit but the story is fantastic. The game itself on the GBA was great, I mean, they managed to add some cutscenes into the GBA and the graphics were also solid. As for Re: COM, its okay, they could've done better.
I agree that they should of kept Axels snapping of the spine.

jda-roxas

1 problem with it having a card system that pisses me off the most...THE L AND R BUTTONS SEEM TO BREAK THE EASIEST ON A GAME BOY!! i swear to god, you try beating the game without using slates and see if the story still makes the game feel awesome. sure you could go out and buy a new GBA/DS/DS Lite/game boy micro BUT IT IS JUST WASTING MONEY!!

But that is my personal opinion...XD

I've been seeing a lot of people saying that Com and Re: Com are their favorite KH games. Now here's my question.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THAT ITS THE WORST GAME IN THE SERIES!?

It's the best. Overall, it just completely dominates the other KH games. Well, I guess that KH1 is pretty good, too.

1 problem with it having a card system that pisses me off the most...THE L AND R BUTTONS SEEM TO BREAK THE EASIEST ON A GAME BOY!! i swear to god, you try beating the game without using slates and see if the story still makes the game feel awesome. sure you could go out and buy a new GBA/DS/DS Lite/game boy micro BUT IT IS JUST WASTING MONEY!!

I've never broken the buttons before. I don't know what you're doing, but I can assume that you just press too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back