• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Alice's Character

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well yeah that's the behind the scenes reason for Ariel not being a POH, but I've always thought it was explained in KH1 why she couldn't be pure. She was willing to steal her father's trident, leaving Atlantica defenseless, in order to see other worlds. The other princesses don't have largely obvious negative traits which contradict their purity. Jasmine was somewhat spoiled (to me at least) but at least she didn't make a devil's bargain to escape her palace life.

Jasmine was willing to abandon her country for her own selfish desires when it comes down to it :\ and with Alice being a PoH I don't see why Ariel couldn't have been.
Also, it's not like Ariel is filled with bad qualities, and to be honest, she was willing to make a devil's bargain for the person she loved. So no. She's not a PoH because of her personality, it seems, at least until BBS tells us otherwise.
It's because she's a fish.

DeltasLight

Yeah, I really think that Ariel isn't PoH because of that sole fact that she's a mermaid. I just dont like the fact that they picked Alice. I dont see the qualities of the other PoH's in Alice.

And if not Ariel, then Pocahontas or Esmerelda. There are so many better choices than Alice, but I assume that they chose her because Alice in Wonderland is also one of the oldest Disney movies.

Meh, whatevvvvvvvv...

*~BlackCat~*

i wondered that too i don't have a problem with them making Alice a POH but i thought Ariel, since she already is kind of a princess that she would have been a POH

DeltasLight

I love how everyone keep saying that Alice doesn't have the qualities for a PoH when we don't even know what those are sans having a Heart of Pure Light XD;

That's true, we don't know what qualities it takes to be a PoH, but we can still compare her to the other PoH's, and we can get an educated guess on what is required. So, hopefully, BBS will give us an exact formula for PoH-ness, and we will understand why Alice is a PoH.

Because I certainly don't understand as it is at the moment.

Last edited:

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The thing about this is that that's getting down to character analysis which doesn't really hold until we get clear-cut confirmation.
Some people say Kairi and Namine act similarly, but then Nomura comes and says that officially, their personalities are different, so comparing anything on our own means practically nothing.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Some of you are taking the title way too literally. Princess of Heart does not mean you have to be royalty, it just means you have a heart of pure light.

I don't see what makes Alice any LESS qualified compared to the others. She's sweet, innocent, helpful.

Muse

you look atrocious
I don't see what makes Esmeralda more qualified than Alice. :/ Especially when we don't know how one is 'qualified' to begin with.

The woman uses the feelings of a man in love with her in order to help the man she loves but he couldn't care less for. She's a tease towards both Frollo and Quasi. And that makes her more qualified to be a PoH compared to Alice, in which the worse she does is call the Mad Hatter and the March Hair 'silly'? :/

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Let's not forget Pocahontas whose selfishness got Kokoham killed, the man she did love for no better reason save for being different and "exciting" almost killed as well, and started what could've escalated into a full blown wars.
Arguably a tragic story but one she mostly brought on herself.

I'd much prefer Meg to have been a PoH instead :\ she gave up her soul, her freaking soul, for the man she loved, got over her bitterness and fell in love again, and then DIED for that man she loved then. How is that not purity I'll never see.

X-Face

I think Alice is a good choice for a POH. It's not just her innocence that 'qualifies' her to be one, I think, but especially her strong sense for justice.
Ànd she's very intelligent. I don't think many 7 years olds would act like her.
And it's not only the ones with the fancy dresses that have to be POH.

The one who doesn't fit in as a POH, is Jasmine, I don't know why...
Pocahontas would've been a better choice.

Muse

you look atrocious
Meg would've been a better choice. xD;;;

She gave up her soul for her first love and then died for her second one.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
She'd definitely be better than Pocahontas :v

QUOTING SELF TIME!

Let's not forget Pocahontas whose selfishness got Kokoham killed, the man she did love for no better reason save for being different and "exciting" almost killed as well, and started what could've escalated into a full blown wars.
Arguably a tragic story but one she mostly brought on herself.

I'd much prefer Meg to have been a PoH instead :\ she gave up her soul, her freaking soul, for the man she loved, got over her bitterness and fell in love again, and then DIED for that man she loved then. How is that not purity I'll never see.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
The only thing I don't like about this Meg thing is that selling the soul business since it didn't happen on screen and we don't know the specifics of the situation, but all in all I agree she would be a pretty good POH although she'd be different. I also think Mulan would have been a good choice perhaps under Meg.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
I also think Mulan would have been a good choice perhaps under Meg.

I personally think Mulan would be one of the top choices. :3 She was different and was unable to hold up to the norms of the Chinese people, yet wanted to please her family anyway, although doing what other people expected of her made her feel as if she is another person. Then there is that disguising herself as a man in order to save her father despite knowing she would be executed if she was discovered and such.

a tease towards both Frollo and Quasi.

I'd chalk it up to her not actually being aware of Quasi's feelings towards her, and Quasi seeing any kindness she shows him as love. I don't see any bad points about her other than dressing and dancing somewhat like a slut during the Festival of Fools.

Awards
To those people ranting about Ariel, Ariel didn't have a pure heart. She disobeyed her father and caused a considerable amount of damage.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
If you think about it, the majority of the princesses aren't really all that innocent at all. I like the fact that they aren't, don't get me wrong. But they certainly aren't pure.

Why all this talk about Esmeralda? Wasn't she a hooker?

Awards
I dunno if we're counting the movies or just the roles in the games. All the others, including Alice are innocent in the games.

Sora^Fan

Alice to me is a hole they dug when they cut Ariel out of the job. I don't think we will ever really know the reasoning behind it in game. Perhaps it's just her 'belief' in something like Wonderland.
I'm glad someone has the same opinion as me :wink: I always thought that Ariel was more fit to be a PoH than Alice plus she was the only Disney princess that actually did help you

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
To those people ranting about Ariel, Ariel didn't have a pure heart. She disobeyed her father and caused a considerable amount of damage.

And yet her disobedience rose from an undying will to see the surface world. It was a pure desire, just one that made her do bad things.
But hey, the Darkness doesn't have to be bad, why should the Light be good? PoHs are "just" pure, nothing else is really known about them at the moment.

And Arguably Kairi didn't have a pure Heart she was scheming to set Riku and Sora against each other so she'd get Sora all to herself :V raft comment and all as well as things that go beyond that scene.
So you see how tricky it gets when you chunk it up to character analysis? XD

I'm glad someone has the same opinion as me :wink: I always thought that Ariel was more fit to be a PoH than Alice plus she was the only Disney princess that actually did help you

I think being one of the PoHs that held the great Darkness at bay ACTUALLY HELPED YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back