• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Alice: Otherlands

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
[video=youtube;nWRhH2Zw8no]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWRhH2Zw8no[/video]

So, I've been a huge fan of Alice since the original came out in 2000. I think it's one of the most imaginative games in recent years (along with Madness Returns). American McGee got enough money to start working on Alice: Otherlands. It looks really good. You can see concept art on this page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spicyhorse/alice-otherlands/posts/1257877.

So in the first game, while Alice was taking tea in Wonderland with the Mad Hatter, her house caught fire and her whole family died. She blamed herself and went insane. She's now locked up in a mental institution and Wonderland has turned into a very nasty place. The entire game is played in Wonderland, and in her mind, although a booklet comes with the original game that describes her time in the asylum.

In the second game, we bounce back and forth between her time in London and Wonderland. The reason is to find out what really started that fire at her house. Now, she lives in a orphanage with a psychiatrist that puts numbers on children instead of names.

In the third part of the series (this one), Alice will be exploring the minds of other famous people who were alive during her time. It looks like it may be a mixture of Amelia Earhart, Wagner, Van Gogh, Seurat, Mark Twain, among other people. It looks like it also explores the introduction of electricity and evolution. Super excited.

Has anyone else played this series? Any thoughts?

maxresdefault.jpg

D

Deleted member 36435

Isn't this a series of films and not a game? Or have they changed that?

Awards
No it's all games. They were gonna have a film come out. First Wes Craven was doing it, then Universal... then the recession hit. :'(

EDIT: Oh I thought you meant the American McGee series. Ya this last one is going to be short films.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back