• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Afterfall Insanity for $1... If 10 Million Pre-Orders are Placed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dross263

[video=youtube;GrwCd4oeuXc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrwCd4oeuXc&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

Okay, so basically this guys are selling their originally $10 game for $1, and give %10 to charity only if they hit 10M pre-orders, and if they don't hit their mark, they will give every $ to charity and sell the game at normal price.

Source: Afterfall

Honestly, I don't believe they did this out of the kindness of their hearts, the scheme is pretty obvious... Set a ridiculously high target, and when it isn't achieved you've got a huge group of people who paid the buck for the game, these people will probably get the game at $9 and it will pretty much be the same as if they had released the game for a $10 flat fee.

My problem with this is that there is no chance in hell they hit their mark, even 1M sounds like too much, but people would still have entertained the idea (I believe they already turned off a lot of potential buyers with just how ridiculous their target is) and if they managed to hit 1M, they would get an amazing amount of publicity for their studio and future products. Really, really shady way to gather leads and gain publicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back