• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Thought Experiment

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AR829038

Awards
Alright, so someone gives you a magic wand. You can make three wishes, but there's a catch. You can wish to change one thing about the Kingdom Hearts series that you hate, and either remove it or rewrite it into something amazing—BUT you have to give up something else in the series that you love.

Now, here's the other catch. Whatever you want to change or eliminate, you must give up something categorically similar. So, if you want to change or remove a cutscene or a particular moment or even an entire narrative sequence in the series that you don't like, then you also have to give up a scene/moment/sequence that you love (so, for instance, if I want to rewrite the whole Kairi-gets-kidnapped-and-dies sequence at the end of the KH3, then I also have to give up, say, the Sora stabs himself sequence in KH1). If you want to change or remove a particular game mechanic, you have to give up a mechanic (get rid of the DDD Drop meter in exchange for losing Drive Forms). Change a weapon, lose a weapon; character for character, world for world, item for item, song for song, boss fight for boss fight, etc.

You get three choices. What do you choose?

okhi12

Awards
I remove Lea by giving up Axel, who is not the same character for me (I hate Lea, I like Axel).

I remove KH3 ptsd Aqua by giving up 0.2 Aqua.

I remove Nameless star by giving up Stella in FFXV. Oh, wait...

To be honest, I'd leave the KH series as it is, ups and downs, light and darkness. I wouldn't trade what I like in order to improve the things I don't. That way, it's very easy to actually worsen the whole series.

VSiFer

Awards
I would remove Kingdom Hearts ReCoM and, in exchange, remove also Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix.

KairiTheMang0

Awards
I’d have kept Kairi alive in kh3 and in exchange I’d have killed off Roxas and Xion.

I love Roxas and Xion but when it comes down to it I wouldn’t mind them not reuniting with Axel. As for Kairi, I just don’t want her to get the short end of the stick at least once.

zerossoul

Awards
Okay, I'll bite. I'd make Kairi the Main character of a KH game in place of Dream Drop Distance.

I know a lot of people didn't like DDD, mostly because of the swapping. But heck, when you can fly at 1000 MPH, who cares? I always felt like I made plenty of progress as one character.

As for a Kairi KH game, not freaking melody of memory. I mean a KH game that feels like a KH game.

Back