• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A question for people.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

CK the Fat

"The meaning to the question is would you do something wrong by soceitys stantards to do something right by moral standards."

I'd say it's more of a balance between two morals, not exactly societal view.

"Start making sense."

Makes sense to me.

:Saixy:

+SAIX PWNS. Period.+
Who would let their wife die and not do something about it just because they would be commiting the crime of stealing a majorly expensive drug? Either someone twisted, or someone who's love for their wife has ended and/or is cheating, and so on.

Usually, most people would do whatever they could to make sure a dying/troubled loved one would overcome their sickness, troubles, etc. I believe this question is not so intel, because you asked whether one would DO it or not....

Xehsin

?bergod
Graphics Clan: -=+*FDD*+=- Currently: Web Designin
The meaning to the question is would you do something wrong by soceitys stantards to do something right by moral standards.

Ofcourse because society changes your opinion on things, they say something is bad when it might not be. Society standards are what the government want, and they want the best for themselves. So yes, i'll say it again, i would do something wrong by society's standards.

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Depends upon the day and if there is free pizza.
Societal standards are not what the government wants. It is not some conspiracy made up by the government in order to keep people in line. Societal standards existed LONG before there was any type of government at all.

Societal standards are socially agreed upon normalcies that are based upon age, culture, religion, time period, and nationality. Shall I provide examples?

In America, women have every right to run around weaing little more than underwear, sometimes even less. In the Muslim world, women are encouraged, or sometimes forced, to cover up their body competely. Two different societal norms from two different societies.

In the 1700's, it was very fashionable for men to wear wigs, tights, heels, and makeup. We now call those people drag queens.

In Ancient Egypt, people wore massive amounts of eye makeup and the Pharoahs wore fake beards. THe massive amounts of eye makeup in America nowadays goes to either the Emos, Goths, or Prostitutes. The Fake beards now go to some who id doing a very bad attempt at sneaking into a bar.

1920's, Prohibition forbade the manufacturing and selling of alcohol within the United States. Nowadays, most people would go into a coma if such a thing should ever happen.

CK the Fat

"I believe this question is not so intel, because you asked whether one would DO it or not...."

There are some who wouldn't, through cowardice or high respect for the law. And I think the question is also aimed at the examination of the situation, not merely the result.

Let's put a new twist to this: suppose the medication you stole was meant for someone else. That person may or may not be dying, just like your wife. It's a gamble. Would you risk the other person's life to save your wive's life?

Xehsin

?bergod
Graphics Clan: -=+*FDD*+=- Currently: Web Designin
Societal standards are not what the government wants. It is not some conspiracy made up by the government in order to keep people in line. Societal standards existed LONG before there was any type of government at all.

Societal standards are socially agreed upon normalcies that are based upon age, culture, religion, time period, and nationality. Shall I provide examples?

In America, women have every right to run around weaing little more than underwear, sometimes even less. In the Muslim world, women are encouraged, or sometimes forced, to cover up their body competely. Two different societal norms from two different societies.

In the 1700's, it was very fashionable for men to wear wigs, tights, heels, and makeup. We now call those people drag queens.

In Ancient Egypt, people wore massive amounts of eye makeup and the Pharoahs wore fake beards. THe massive amounts of eye makeup in America nowadays goes to either the Emos, Goths, or Prostitutes. The Fake beards now go to some who id doing a very bad attempt at sneaking into a bar.

1920's, Prohibition forbade the manufacturing and selling of alcohol within the United States. Nowadays, most people would go into a coma if such a thing should ever happen.

Agreed very well written, but its 1970's =P But i agree different societies have different rules, so this just proves our point. This doesnt mean that any of them are right, its just what the government believes should be acceptable. So stealing in this situation should be acceptable too. There was this book i read, which said that everything has its own meaning, and there is no good or bad. Its just that society changes itself to make it look like so.

CK the Fat

"There was this book i read, which said that everything has its own meaning, and there is no good or bad."

Typically removing machine guns and gunning down families and any bystanders is a "bad" thing. Though I could be wrong :)

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Depends upon the day and if there is free pizza.
Agreed very well written, but its 1970's =P But i agree different societies have different rules, so this just proves our point. This doesnt mean that any of them are right, its just what the government believes should be acceptable. So stealing in this situation should be acceptable too. There was this book i read, which said that everything has its own meaning, and there is no good or bad. Its just that society changes itself to make it look like so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition

American History disagrees. 1920's.

The government has little say in societal standards. It is comprised nigh completely of the cultural beliefs of the individuals that comprise that society.

shinra derp

Firstly, I would try the hounorable thing and try and talk "Bill" into giving me the drug for a reduced price (or free). Failing that I would steal the drug and give it to the missus. What is more sinfull: Stealing or letting someone die? With stealing, no-one dies as a result.

jazz16

"

Let's put a new twist to this: suppose the medication you stole was meant for someone else. That person may or may not be dying, just like your wife. It's a gamble. Would you risk the other person's life to save your wive's life?

In that situation i wouldn't steel the drugs cause i woulldn't want to be responsable for someone's death,if that person was dieing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back