• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► A Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus CGI series is rumored to be in the works

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
I'd take a retelling if it meant an awesomely animated Xemnas fight. Like if this is real and they go for an anime style, imagine if they get a damn good studio.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

You think the new Disney Studios lead could bet on videogames adaptations like Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy or Fortnite after the success of Super Mario Bros, The Last Of Us, Twisted Metal, Uncharted, Free Guy, Sonic, etc??

Well, to get one thing out the way, Disney is developing an animated Kingdom Hearts movie. While years back I had heard the idea was to do something on Disney+, more recently I have heard the goal would be big screen adaptation, but as of now, these are just rumblings and nothing has been greenlit. Disney may have more of an interest on actual gaming instead of developing movies based on video games… Prince of Persia and Need For Speed were both duds for Disney.

Awards
"Disney is developing a KH movie"

"There are just rumblings and nothing has been greenlit"

These statements contradict each other ffs

Don't friggin say "Oh they're doing this" and then saying "there are just rumblings" as if you heard it around the water cooler.

Just like that tweet saying "Disney is REPORTEDLY doing this" when all you have is some guy saying "I hear they're doing this" with no proof or anything to back it up.

AND DON'T SAY "they're doing this" AND THEN GO "ehhh they're more interested in actual gaming instead of making adaptations".

We'll probably all be back here in like three years and it'll still be "I hear they're doing something"

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
"Disney is developing a KH movie"

"There are just rumblings and nothing has been greenlit"

These statements contradict each other ffs

Don't friggin say "Oh they're doing this" and then saying "there are just rumblings" as if you heard it around the water cooler.

Just like that tweet saying "Disney is REPORTEDLY doing this" when all you have is some guy saying "I hear they're doing this" with no proof or anything to back it up.

AND DON'T SAY "they're doing this" AND THEN GO "ehhh they're more interested in actual gaming instead of making adaptations".

We'll probably all be back here in like three years and it'll still be "I hear they're doing something"

Movies and tv shows are almost always in development before being greenlit. That part isn’t contradictory. Things like a script, story boarding, and other concept work are often done first. With tv shows, they usually even film a pilot episode. If the studio then likes what they see, they will greenlight it to actually go into full production. (Chaser can probably school us better on this topic than I can. lol.)

And Skyler seems to be saying that it is in development but the “rumblings” are whether to release it on Disney+ or in theaters.

The last part seems to reference Disney’s overall content strategy around adapting video games as that was the point of the original question. So they’re saying a KH movie is in development, but Disney doesn’t plan to start a wider effort to adapt more video games like FF, Fortnite, etc.

Ironically, water cooler type chat is how a lot of this stuff gets out. Lol

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Also is DisInsider even reputable

Cuz from what I've searched...they don't seem to be.

From what I’ve seen, they are pretty reliable when it comes to Disney productions, but not so much when it comes to the other brands like Marvel. Since this would be a Disney production, they may have legit info on it. I think it’s worth noting this one isn’t behind a paywall and it doesn’t seem they are actively trying to bait the attention of KH fans for clicks either.

Back