• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A few questions about Deep Dive

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
They're the same Keyblade.

Yet no one really knows what he means by "what Sora lost in CO". A Memory of the Keyblade? How does that tie in?
And that same paragraph is what puts Sora and Roxas wielding at the same time as unique and unexplained, tying in with BBS. If Roxas had Ven's Keyblade or something but the KK's Keychain based on Sora's Memories, what hold would Riku have over it?

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
Yet no one really knows what he means by "what Sora lost in CO". A Memory of the Keyblade? How does that tie in?

I alwways thought that in the process of losing his memories of Castle Oblivion that the Keyblade he used during that time was also lost. So it wasn't really a Keyblade he lost but, the memories of using the Keyblade somehow materialized into a Keyblade that Roxas was able to use. The only fault i found with that conclusion though is that Roxas seemed to have been able to wield from his "birth" which was before Sora had even gone to Castle Oblivion.

If Roxas had Ven's Keyblade or something but the KK's Keychain based on Sora's Memories, what hold would Riku have over it?

I don't think Riku would have any control over that Keyblade because the Keychains are interchangeable but there is only one Keyblade that Riku had control over at that time which was the Kingdom Key. Unless Ven's Keyblade is the Kingdom Key but in some altered form because, they do have some similarities in appearance.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I alwways thought that in the process of losing his memories of Castle Oblivion that the Keyblade he used during that time was also lost. So it wasn't really a Keyblade he lost but, the memories of using the Keyblade somehow materialized into a Keyblade that Roxas was able to use. The only fault i found with that conclusion though is that Roxas seemed to have been able to wield from his "birth" which was before Sora had even gone to Castle Oblivion.

But that's the thing, Sora and Roxas wielded the KK at the same time. Nomura's quote is more likely to be talking about the Oathkeeper and Oblivion Keychains than anything.

I don't think Riku would have any control over that Keyblade because the Keychains are interchangeable but there is only one Keyblade that Riku had control over at that time which was the Kingdom Key.

And I already disproved that. Riku lost control over the KK in KH1. He wouldn't have any relation to Roxas's Keyblades at the time they met, be Roxas's Keyblade directly Sora's Keyblade (which Riku lost reign over), and especially not if it's unrelated.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
But that's the thing, Sora and Roxas wielded the KK at the same time. Nomura's quote is more likely to be talking about the Oathkeeper and Oblivion Keychains than anything.

How could it have been the Oblivion Keychain, if Sora had never forgotten Riku? Also those are only Keychains and, Nomura said that Sora had lost a Keyblade.

And I already disproved that. Riku lost control over the KK in KH1. He wouldn't have any relation to Roxas's Keyblades at the time they met, be Roxas's Keyblade directly Sora's Keyblade (which Riku lost reign over), and especially not if it's unrelated.

I'm not disagreeing because I already agreed with this statement, but could you point out where it said that Riku had lost control of the Kingdom Key during Kingdom Hearts 1. I already know that he did becuase he know has the Way to the Dawn so he wouldn't need to have control over 2 Keyblades.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
How could it have been the Oblivion Keychain, if Sora had never forgotten Riku? Also those are only Keychains and, Nomura said that Sora had lost a Keyblade.

Uh, he did forget Riku. When he got to the DI Memory Floor, it took him a while to recognize Riku just like it did TSW, and even then he remembered Repliku, not the real Riku.
That aside, Sora's Memories seem to have been freely leaking out of him to Roxas, so whether or not he actually forgot him is redundant.
As for what Nomura said, he didn't explain really anything about that issue other than hint Roxas had his own Keyblade. What Sora lost in CO is Memories, making for Keychains. It ties in better.

I'm not disagreeing because I already agreed with this statement, but could you point out where it said that Riku had lost control of the Kingdom Key during Kingdom Hearts 1. I already know that he did becuase he know has the Way to the Dawn so he wouldn't need to have control over 2 Keyblades.

Him getting the WtD actually isn't really a counter argument, way I see it. He still had the Soul Eater when he took the KK. It's just kind of obvious as well as stated bluntly in the journal that Riku lost it after HB.

m4c1

Somewhere drawing while listening to music
so basically what rain said...
no one summoned the Heartless at memories Skyscraper....
Roxas let Riku use Oblivion to take care of the heartless
and thirrd.. its a freaking videogame... you obviously never watched advent children huh?

I've watched FFVII AC and I let him watch it...I even brought that up in our argument as well as the fact that it's just a video game, anything could happen in a video game...it didn't help. With him there has has to be an explanation for everything. We get into some pretty deep "debates," as we call them, most of which are over Naruto, but they're entertaining ^^
I've definately got to get him to check out this thread :) It's gotten off topic a little bit though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back