• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

666 Park Ave

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
Story Overview

When Jane Van Veen (Rachael Taylor) and Henry Martin (Dave Annable), an idealistic young couple from the Midwest, arrive in New York City, the glamorous center of industry and media, they are offered the opportunity to manage the historic Drake. Jane, a small town girl with big ambitions, always knew she wanted to be an architect. Henry, a member of the Mayor's staff, is grounded, intelligent and tenacious. They are lured by the intoxicating lifestyle of New York's wealthy elite.

Gavin, who has many skeletons in his own closet, is at the height of his world and commands the dark power of The Drake. Olivia (Vanessa Williams), his beautiful but enigmatic, supportive wife, wears her elegance, wealth and position in society as armor… but cracks will slowly be revealed.

Jane and Henry not only fall prey to the machinations of Gavin and Olivia, but unwittingly live in the dark embrace of the building's supernatural forces which endanger the lives of its residents. These include Brian Leonard (Robert Buckley), a young playwright pining for his early success and promise. Brian's wife, Louise (Mercedes Masöhn), is a rising hot star in the world of fashion photography. Alexis Blume (Helena Mattsson) is a troubled young woman who is the picture of obsession -- what is her real connection to Gavin, and what part will she play in Brian and Louise's life? Tony DeMeo (Erik Palladino), The Drake's doorman, is the eyes and ears of the building. And then there is 14-year-old Nona Clark (Samantha Logan), who has a blossoming psychic ability, allowing her to look into the future of her fellow Drake occupants.

I think this is a fantastic show and so well shot and done (maybe my own NewYorker pride). None-the-less after the cancelation of The River I'm happy to see ABC is giving the supernatural another chance in this decade. There are many mysteries in this show and twist and turns I feel like evey episode just adds questions but has me so gripped I can't wait to learn the answers. I never watched anything Terry O'Quinn was in before but he is probably the main reason I'm so stuck on this show. He's a great villian. On top of that it completes my "weird" Sundays as I have Once Upon A Time @ 8pm, The Walking Dead @ 9pm, and this show at 10pm.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
Wow i shit you not TV has gone to poop. Networks don't even bother to give anything with any real suspense or interest or even out-of-the-box thinking to last! The show has only had what 8 episodes!? GIVE IT A CHANCE........once Grimm, Once Upon A Time, an Family Guy end I'm boycotting primetime networks. Really a single drop in ratings for a week doesn't mean you get anything outta a show

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow i shit you not TV has gone to poop. Networks don't even bother to give anything with any real suspense or interest or even out-of-the-box thinking to last! The show has only had what 8 episodes!? GIVE IT A CHANCE........once Grimm, Once Upon A Time, an Family Guy end I'm boycotting primetime networks. Really a single drop in ratings for a week doesn't mean you get anything outta a show

I feel bad that it is over. I didn't really enjoy it for the horror aspect. It just didn't scare me (though it usually takes a lot to scare me and the closest I've been to it has been with American Horror Story) and I think that was why I didn't want to keep watching. I knew it was supposed to be scary so the enjoyment was diminished for me. Even so, it had a solid story and it was building up really well and I would have loved to see more if it had been given the chance to grow. It's gonna finish up the rest of the 13 episodes and be done, and yeah these networks don't give time for shows to pick up an audience to tell if they are selling or not. This is why using Nielson ratings is absolute shit in my opinion.

I think what probably really killed it was that The Good Wife comes on at the same on CBS, and it has a strong audience (especially from those who have Nielson boxes.)

I know how you feel. My favorite cartoon on Disney XD was cancelled because of low ratings and the fact it was reaching a more adult audience instead of the target children. At least Disney took a chance with shows this year. I felt like it was definitely different from past years where they kept it safe with typical dribble.

Disney is looking for an instant hit, though. Look at how the Neighbors got a full season order and that show is...eh...but it gets a ton of views.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
TV's a dog-eat-dog world. They are desperate for ratings smashes, and Disney's a huge money-grubber, so a lot of shows-deserving shows-dont even make it to air to begin with. They are so desperate for ratings, they manipulate the news to have more drama than news. It's also the only reason reality shows are on the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back