• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Expectations for 2023

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AegisXIII

Awards
Last two years have been a bit quiet and I really feel that 2023 is the year where phase 2 will really start to shine and where a new generation of fans will join us onboard of the hype train.
So, what are your expectations for 2023?

I personally predict /hope/dream of the following:
- new trailers for KH4 with a rough release date
- Missing Link release
- Kingdom Hearts 3 Final Mix (mostly next gen improvements)
- Union X remake (maybe bundled as a KH3.5)
- Next gen compilation of some sort (maybe following the Crisis Core treatment)

What I really hope is that we get a PS5 console game soon (doesn't matter whether it is a compilation or not), but they need to release something before KH4.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
KH4 trailer at E3 showing first real look at a Disney and thus answer how this game is even doing them.

New title developed by Neo TWEWY devs revealed. Possibly a Days remake or Kairi spinoff.

ML becomes pay to win almost right out of the gate.

D+ show finally announced and reviews are middling with half of the viewers complaining about how Sora gets replaced by the Mandalorian for 3 episodes and the other half arguing those were the best episodes anyway.

AegisXIII

Awards
New title developed by Neo TWEWY devs revealed. Possibly a Days remake or Kairi spinoff.
I like that very much. I forgot about this team. And since their last game didn't meet their expectations in term of sales, it sounds reasonable to assume they got moved to a franchise that sells more.

Liodin

Awards
Missing Link and a KH4 trailer.

That is the only thing we can realistically expect.

If someone expects something else, those are no longer expectations but a wish list.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Oswald in KH4 announcement at D23

Missing Link release

Union X remake announcement

Announcement at E3 about Console exclusive worlds in kh4

Last edited:

palizinhas

Awards
Just reminding everyone there's no D23 this year

(Only expecting Missing Link and a KH4 trailer, would love to be surprised)

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Missing Link and a KH4 trailer.
Pretty much this. I have a hunch Missing-Link is going to follow a similar structure to First Soldier with seasonal releases, each of which will contain one or several story chapters. I would expect to receive no more than two “Seasons” in 2023.

We’ll get one KH4 trailer with a release window of 2024, and by the end of the year the marketing cycle for KH4 will start to ramp up with some features and interviews.

If I’m being hopeful, it’s possible we’ll get a current-gen III.5 package (KH3 + ReMind + Melody of Memory), maybe with an Unreal Engine KHUX cutscene movie bundled with it. Or maybe just an announcement for such a thing.

I don’t see us getting another proper new game announcement anytime soon.

D+ series is definitely dead, lol

Last edited:

the red monster

Awards
expecting zero trailers for KH4 this year. first half of the year is gonna be XVI focused and second half rebirth focused.
we might get some info from interviews with nomura but that's about it.
KH4 will be focused on 2024 leading to the very likely 2025 release.
not expecting anything other then the obvious missing link stuff.

Sonofjafar

Awards
I know there are a bunch of d23 related events going on all over the country so why not an actual d23 convention. And if we’re not getting one, can we at least get a kingdom hearts direct where we can get as much info as possible during certain times of the year

JJ1020

Awards
KH4:
-Trailer at E3, perhaps the first world is revealed. My prediction is either Marvel or Star Wars.
-Trailer later in the year, closer to FF7 Rebirth's release and after FF16 hype, Second World revealed. Coco or Moana, perhaps?
-Teaser for announcements and release date for 2024.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
New trailers for KH4 and missing link. In regards to the KH4 trailer I think they'll confirm Endor and show some scenes in Quadratum. Such as Riku or Donald and Goofy arriving in the city.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I like that very much. I forgot about this team. And since their last game didn't meet their expectations in term of sales, it sounds reasonable to assume they got moved to a franchise that sells more.
It's the same guys that originally made Days. They should be the ones to finally guve it an HD makeover.

Awards
I'm hoping for at least 1 world reveal trailer and another story trailer this year for KH IV,
but most of the KH marketing for 2023 is probably going to go to Missing-Link.

Last edited:
Back