• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Exploring Scala ad Caelum out of bounds

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

13th Vessel

Awards
⭐ Hi friends! ⭐

I'd like to share with you my lastest "Out of Bounds" video in which I explore behind the limits of Scala Ad Caelum.

It's an interesting area so I really hope you enjoy it! 💙💙

13th Vessel~

Awards
This is why I was so bitter when I found out that we couldn't explore it more. This place is gorgeous! Just look at all these little details they put into this place.

I would pay for a game that let's me explore this place when it was still bustling with people. Maybe like a story of when Eraqus and Xehanort were still apprentices. Supposedly Yen Sid was a keyblade wielder in his past so maybe we get to see a younger version of him? That would be dope.

I'm really curious of each islands name and transportation. I definitely see those cable cars, but there're also sea ports so I assume there are ships and boats as well. It would be a amazing to see this place when it was still lively.

okhi12

Awards
When I saw that info box at 16:20 saying 'follow the cable to the next town' and once there 'explore the town all the way up to its castle' I thought that was programmed into the game and Scala was really intended to be more explorable than it finally was. Then I read the youtube video description and it was you who added those info boxes... I feel deceived, haha. My bad, I should have read that before. Good video, anyway. Though it is obvious that the world is very incomplete, I really want a more open, populated version of Scala to be playable in the future. C'mon, Nomura.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
That part of Scala being the nexus of all worlds has me curious. Is this a world that was originally the link between all worlds? Like KINGDOM HEARTS very own New York City? A city full of Disney and FF characters would be rad!

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I love this stuff. Thank you for this!

Tai Yasue really needs to try harder, if he wants to be convincing when he says there wasn't a lot of cutting. Definitely feels like Scala ad Caelum should have been more explorable than what we got.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Tai Yasue really needs to try harder, if he wants to be convincing when he says there wasn't a lot of cutting. Definitely feels like Scala ad Caelum should have been more explorable than what we got.
Like I've said in numerous occasions, I feel like Scala ad Caelum was included in KHIII to have the assets done for the next game that will include it in its fullest.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards

Well, that's acting under the assumption that it really was cut. We've never seen the world prior to the Final Battle trailer, we used to call this Cable Town and we never had ANY photographs or video on it. We had to rely on someone describing how the world looked like and someone drew it based on the descriptions. So for all intents and purposes, they never advertised Scala as anything more than it was supposed to be -- a final battleground for SDG vs Xehanort. Final Battle Trailer, after all.

It's possible that they had much bigger plans for the world in KH3, but we just don't know. All we know is that there's assets that exists that has some details, but a lot of games do that. I think what Ballad of Caius said is probably what they're going for: the assets exist so for the next title they decide to make, they've already got that in place and can use to develop and polish it even further.

Plus, it kinda works out, because seeing Scala makes you have more questions than anything else, so now you're going to want to see if it shows up in the next title or even in the DLC maybe. It's kinda like a preview of what's to come. I definitely would like to explore it once it's fully polished either way though.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
When I saw how Olympus can be scaled in one massive room, I figured Square broke themselves doing it.

When I saw the amount of detail in Toy Box, I figured Square broke themselves doing it.

When I saw the massive forest map in Corona, I figured Square broke themselves doing it.

When I saw the recreation of Let It Go, I figured Square broke themselves doing it.

When I saw the photorealistic animation of The Caribbean (and ESPECIALLY the recreations of Jack’s convo with Beckett and the final fight with Jones), I figured Square broke themselves doing it.

When I saw the massive city map of San Fransokyo, I figured Square broke themselves doing it.

But this? Seeing the amount of detail that ultimately went into a map we only got a tiny piece of? In every nook and cranny? I KNEW Square broke themselves doing it.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Great video! It really is a shame Scala is not explorable. I mean, finding treasure chests would be SO hard haha. It’s kinda a misssd opportunity.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
When I saw how Olympus can be scaled in one massive room, I figured Square broke themselves doing it.

When I saw the amount of detail in Toy Box, I figured Square broke themselves doing it.

When I saw the massive forest map in Corona, I figured Square broke themselves doing it.

When I saw the recreation of Let It Go, I figured Square broke themselves doing it.

When I saw the photorealistic animation of The Caribbean (and ESPECIALLY the recreations of Jack’s convo with Beckett and the final fight with Jones), I figured Square broke themselves doing it.

When I saw the massive city map of San Fransokyo, I figured Square broke themselves doing it.

But this? Seeing the amount of detail that ultimately went into a map we only got a tiny piece of? In every nook and cranny? I KNEW Square broke themselves doing it.
Nah, Square really broke themselves with Rapunzel's hair AND the Caribbean world as a whole, lol.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Nah, Square really broke themselves with Rapunzel's hair AND the Caribbean world as a whole, lol.

I can only imagine the amount of overtime shifts, coffee runs and "Bossman Nomura said 'not like that'"moments that took place in the development of those two things alone lmao.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I can only imagine the amount of overtime shifts, coffee runs and "Bossman Nomura said 'not like that'"moments that took place in the development of those two things alone lmao.
I think I read an interview where it was stated that Nomura wanted the FINAL FANTASY VII Remake to be so real, that he wanted to see the dust of sands be blown by the wind in the ground. I can't remember if this actually happened, but Nomura is very demanding as a Director.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I think I read an interview where it was stated that Nomura wanted the FINAL FANTASY VII Remake to be so real, that he wanted to see the dust of sands be blown by the wind in the ground. I can't remember if this actually happened, but Nomura is very demanding as a Director.

See, it's stuff like this that makes me 100% believe that the Final Fantasy Versus XIII team really DID feel burnt out and had a lack of morale before Tabata stepped in lmao. From what it sounds like, he doesn't sound like he's a jerk of a boss, but I really do feel for the devs sometimes. Then again... Most of his games are graphically impressive, so I guess there's that.

...But still. Dust? Nomura, my guy, what are you doing? lol

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
See, it's stuff like this that makes me 100% believe that the Final Fantasy Versus XIII team really DID feel burnt out and had a lack of morale before Tabata stepped in lmao. From what it sounds like, he doesn't sound like he's a jerk of a boss, but I really do feel for the devs sometimes. Then again... Most of his games are graphically impressive, so I guess there's that.

...But still. Dust? Nomura, my guy, what are you doing? lol
FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII's problem are beyond Tetsuya Nomura's work culture as a video game project Director, and moreso Square Enix's historical managerial meddling in projects current in development, and other practices that they seem to be very slooooooooooooowlyyyyyy modifying.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII's problem are beyond Tetsuya Nomura's work culture as a video game project Director, and moreso Square Enix's historical managerial meddling in projects current in development, and other practices that they seem to be very slooooooooooooowlyyyyyy modifying.

Actually, I agree with this, because I think no matter how you slice it, upper management seems to be the ones at fault there. Even beyond the fact that they put so much on Nomura (giving him KH3 and FFvXIII to work with, and then booting him off FFXV for KH3 and giving him the Director title for the FFVII Remake...), they had the whole Business Division thing going on which I think was a relatively new thing, and now I think I read somewhere that they're changing up the formula again and combining into four business units.

Though I do think Nomura's creative direction changes probably wasn't easy for the developers at all either. I don't think the development cycle was easy for anybody, as a matter of fact. I just hope things for the FFVII Remake went a lot smoother this time around.

Gotta wonder what Nomura is gonna want done for when next gen consoles come around lol. Ray tracing support is gonna be a thing too so oh boy.

"The water isn't shimmering enough. Do you WANT IGN to give us a low rating?? DO IT AGAIN!!!" - Tetsuya Nomura in 2023, probably.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Tetsuya Nomura working on next-gen. Oh my... those triple or quadrple layered bluerays are gonna be full...

Back