• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

2008 Dragonriders of Pern movie

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
Okay, I just found out through that wonderful grapevine, the internet, that a movie for Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern book was being made and will be released next year. When, exactly, I don't know: in fact, all I do know is that it started in 2006 {and I didn't hear of it sooner?} and it's being made by a Canadian film company.

I'm really psyched for it, and anxious as well- not to mention bursting with curiousity. I first read Dragonflight and it's sequels, Dragonquest and The White Dragon a few years ago, and ever since then I've loved McCaffrey's books. I checked IMDB, the Internet Movie Database, but all it says is that the movie will be released next year.

Who will play Lessa? F'lar? How will the dragons look? Will the plot be kept more or less intact?

In this thread, any other fans of the books {you've gotta be out there!} can come discuss and speculate about the upcoming movie. But, no unannounced spoilers! Don't want to ruin it for the poor souls out there who haven't read the books yet, eh?

Pern

Mewtwo The Wise
With Mewtwo in the Kingdom Hearts Universe
OMG IS THEIR GOING TO BE A MOVIE ON DRAGONRIDER OF PERN!!!!!!!!! I LOVE HER DRAGONRIDERS BOOKS I GOT SOME OF THEM. ALL I GOT TO SAY ITS A BOUT TIME. I LOVE THE MOVIE ERAGON SO MUCH BUT I NEVER READ THE BOOKS, I HOPE THIS WILL BE AS GOOD AS ERAGON. CAN SOMEONE SEND A LINK TO WERE THEY SAW THIS.

Last edited:

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
OMG IS THEIR GOING TO BE A MOVIE ON DRAGONRIDER OF PERN!!!!!!!!! I LOVE HER DRAGONRIDERS BOOKS I GOT SOME OF THEM. ALL I GOT TO SAY ITS A BOUT TIME. I LOVE THE MOVIE ERAGON SO MUCH BUT I NEVER READ THE BOOKS, I HOPE THIS WILL BE AS GOOD AS ERAGON. CAN SOMEONE SEND A LINK TO WERE THEY SAW THIS.

If they make this movie anything like Eragon, I think I'll have to be sick from utter disgust, right then and there in the theatre.

The book Eragon isn't much like the movie, Saphirawings. But I would suggest you don't read the book. Ever. Stick to McCaffrey, her works are great.

Anyway, I have .... eight of her Pern books. I love them all. =3

Pern

Mewtwo The Wise
That to bad that you didn't like Eragon I love it but I don't think there'll make it like Eragon. Bad thing about makeing movies from a book is they take alot of things out. I would like if Dragonriders of Pern is longer then Eragon. Oh and a nother bad thing is when company makes games from new movies they always make them in a hurry before the movies comes out, I was mad at the game Eragon is was nothing like the movie. now thats just sad.

Last edited:

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
I think Eragon sucked. :D

And it pales in comparison to Anneh's stuff. :/

But this movie should be interesting. I should reread the books I have read of the series and start anew on the ones I haven't, y'know? Get prepared.

...My reading list just gets longer and longer.

Pern

Mewtwo The Wise
My fav book is the dragonlover's guide to pern. I read that McCaffrey was going to make sure that the movie will be done right. Their was going to be a dragonriders of pern TV show in 1998 but it did not work out. Will the movie be call Dragonflight?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back