• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Thirteen Seekers, Revisited

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
In light of the new trailers this week, I believe now would be a good time to run through the list of seekers that we have so far, both ones confirmed long ago and ones that have been, for the most part, confirmed recently.

Confirmed previously:

1. Master Xehanort
2. Ansem SoD
3. Xemnas
4. Young Xehanort
5. Saix
6. Xigbar
7. Vanitas

1-7 I shouldn't have to argue for. Maybe Vanitas, given his circumstances, but we can all agree that he'll sort through his issues by the end. Moving on:

8. Marluxia
9. Larxene
10. Luxord

The new trailers reveal their returns, this time with the iconic yellow eyes and active participation in Xehanort's schemes. In Marluxia's case, it is implied that he is at least cooperating with someone; I'll leave it at that, given that he could still be talking about Mother Gothel, if not Xehanort.

This is where things get a little messy, as at least one of those seats belongs to either Terra-Xehanort or Aqua-Xehanort, if not both. Terra-Xehanort simply made the most sense, up until now. Given that Xehanort's heart ended up in his own body, we have to seriously consider the current whereabouts of Terra's heart and body+soul.

Aqua-Xehanort is another issue altogether. Many have argued that it could have been Mickey and Riku hallucinating in the RoD over their guilt over Aqua, making the trailer ending a red herring. However, it has to be more than that, given that Aqua's hallucination of Terra was more than just Aqua's memories of him. Here's a quote from Namine to Terra/Lingering Will before he sees Aqua in the RoD:

Namine said:
Namine: Right now, you're bound by two sets of memories. One is your own memories. The other is that of a very dark power.
Source

If this is the Terra that Aqua saw, then that means that Xehanort's influence over Terra reaches into other's memories of him, as well (although it is possible he required the Chamber of Repose to do so). In that respect, if others were to hallucinate that Aqua had become a vessel, she would've had to been struggling against Xehanort's control, anyways. As it stands, I'd say that Aqua-Xehanort takes the eleventh seat, Riku-Ansem takes the twelfth, and the thirteenth seat will be decided in KH3.

Overall, these new trailers have done a good job at confirming some seats while also stirring controversy for others; any further speculation over the thirteen Seekers will most likely be over those last three seats. If a future trailer won't reveal any others, then we'll see in less than a year.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm still curious about Repliku's(or KH1 Riku) status as a member. We did see him in a black coat in DDD yet he appeared in just his darksuit in the recent trailer.

I'd say Terranort is a guranteed darkness.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
The dark suit I don't think too much about; we've also seen Ansem in his KH1 outfit when he's time-traveling. However, I do share the same sentiments regarding his status, although my concern lies within his lack of the physical features. It seems he's pretty civil around his present counterpart as well, so I'd imagine that he's still trying to figure himself out.

UmbraTsuki

Awards
I'm really curious to see how everything works out. I personally think Vanitas might not be one of the 13, mostly because he has no qualms with disobeying orders and doesn't have any particular reason to listen to Xehanort if it doesn't benefit him. Which it may or may not... but for the most part Xehanort tries to use him as a tool (at least so far, like in BBS), and I'd like to see Vanitas act out on his own rather than have to keep being used. And actually, I feel similarly about Larxene and Marluxia... they've already tried to take over the Organization before, and I'm not sure they would have quite given up on that.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
I'm really curious to see how everything works out. I personally think Vanitas might not be one of the 13, mostly because he has no qualms with disobeying orders and doesn't have any particular reason to listen to Xehanort if it doesn't benefit him. Which it may or may not... but for the most part Xehanort tries to use him as a tool (at least so far, like in BBS), and I'd like to see Vanitas act out on his own rather than have to keep being used. And actually, I feel similarly about Larxene and Marluxia... they've already tried to take over the Organization before, and I'm not sure they would have quite given up on that.

The 3 of them have yellow eyes. They are Norts. This isn't even up for debate. Sure anything can happen down the road near the end but as of now they are Norts.

Also them having rebellious attitudes in the past means nothing if Xehanort can keep them in line with his control since they're part of him now.

Smithee

Awards
Also them having rebellious attitudes in the past means nothing if Xehanort can keep them in line with his control since they're part of him now.

By that logic, him going to all that trouble to incapacitate Sora was pointless when he could've just "sniped" him with a Heart fragment right off the bat and suppressed him anyway.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
By that logic, him going to all that trouble to incapacitate Sora was pointless when he could've just "sniped" him with a Heart fragment right off the bat and suppressed him anyway.

Poor comparison since Sora had a larger affinity to light than the other three and would probably be the most unwilling to be part of Xehanort. That's why Xehanort and his goons had to weaken him down.

UmbraTsuki

Awards
The 3 of them have yellow eyes. They are Norts. This isn't even up for debate. Sure anything can happen down the road near the end but as of now they are Norts.
Vanitas being made out of darkness is another possibility for why he has yellow eyes, though (like how the heartless/anti forms have yellow eyes). But back to the norting, anyway, I don't think it gives him full control over them, at least not yet. It's a process, anyway, and the yellow eyes is just one sign that they're in the process. I haven't played DDD in a while though so I don't remember the details of what they talked about there. I still don't think Vanitas's eyes have to do with Xehanort though.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
How sad would it be if the final 3 spots (assuming 8-10 are indeed Xehanorts) are Terra, Aqua, and Ven? Terranort always seemed like a likely possibility for one of the seats. And now, assuming Aquanort isn't some kind of trickery, then that gives Xehanort the ability to get to Ventus and possess him as well. That'd be tragic if all three ended up as Seekers of Darkness.

Swing

Awards
It would kind be cool if Phantom Blob would be a part of the Organization XIII, so that we can get at least one Disney related character as a part of the main villain group. But I guess we will stick with the classical SE characters.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Yea no, Sora is more in the same category as Terra in terms that he's determined to resist and oppose Xehanort and therefore he had to resort to more elaborate schemes.
Speaking of elaborate efforts to incapacitate heroes directly opposing him, I realize that maybe Xehanort did this with Aqua as well, although in a more indirect approach by letting the Realm of Darkness itself doing "most of the work" with Xehanort himself only making sure to keep any help Aqua could get busy with other things until it will be too late.

Now though Marluxia and Larxene are evil to begin with and they didn't plan their "coup" of the Organisation specifically because they oppose Xehanort and/or Xemnas, but because they want power and influence for themselves.
They're greedy and ambitious themselves which can provide an opening for Xehanort to exploit that doesn't require as much effort and elaborate scheming as to subdue someone who's actively and determinedly opposing him as a person and all he stands for.
Braig/Xigbar is also noted to have "his own plans" and Xehanort doesn't seem to be too bothered by it.

If Xehanort can satisfy their greed and other stuff without it affecting his long term goals it is not out of the question that they might have reached a deal/an agreement.

The whole "unfit to be a vessel" thing in regards to CoM might have a need to be rethought in any case as it now seems that those who were in the basement team of Castle Oblivion (Zexion/Ienzo, Lexaeus/Aeleus and Vexen/Even) are those who are not part of Team Nort.

Saix (who is a nort) ordering Zexion to be eliminated might get a new spin then in the vein of Axel just assuming that Saix was still working on their own planned private coup when in reality it just coincided with something Xehanort/Xemnas planned as well.
The only thing Xehanort/Xemnas didn't plan for was that Vexen got eliminated which Xemnas himself admits in-game in Days, but as we so far know that was only because of the Replica-program.

Going further to Vanitas, his case is similar in the vein that the elaborate trouble and extra ways Xehanort went to incapacitate Sora in DDD and Terra in BBS were not needed because Vanitas was "at Xehanort's mercy" from the day he was born. Xehanort had four whole years to do anything he deemed necessary to mold Vanitas into what he wanted him to be.
Him having the occasional impulsive rebellious bout isn't concerning to Xehanort when he can always activate the "emergency brake" through his Heart piece to force Vanitas into line if things get too threatening for his own goals.

How sad would it be if the final 3 spots (assuming 8-10 are indeed Xehanorts) are Terra, Aqua, and Ven? Terranort always seemed like a likely possibility for one of the seats. And now, assuming Aquanort isn't some kind of trickery, then that gives Xehanort the ability to get to Ventus and possess him as well. That'd be tragic if all three ended up as Seekers of Darkness.

I agree it would be very sad and only more salt rubbed into the already deep wounds of the BBS-trio as a whole since strictly spoken they're the characters who are suffering the longest under Xehanort's evil.
In Ventus' case however while I agree that having Aquanort at his disposal could enable Xehanort to reach the chamber, he would "only" get Ventus' body and soul as Ventus himself (his heart) is at least at the current level of information still safe within Sora.

But Ventus having to possibly face both Terra and Aqua possessed as norts, maybe flanked by some mockery from Young Xehanort and/or Vanitas from the sidelines, would be equally as if not more heartbreaking.

Last edited:
I think all of the new Norts from the old Organization XIII in KH3 are related to some capital sins:
Marluxia-pride
Larxene-wrath
Xigbar/Braig-greed
Saïx/Isa-envy
Luxord-i don't know what to say about him. His full personality is never detailed at all...
Demyx-sloth
So that is why these characters could have been chosen in order to become the new Norts. What do you think?

Smithee

Awards
I agree it would be very sad and only more salt rubbed into the already deep wounds of the BBS-trio as a whole since strictly spoken they're the characters who are suffering the longest under Xehanort's evil.
In Ventus' case however while I agree that having Aquanort at his disposal could enable Xehanort to reach the chamber, he would "only" get Ventus' body and soul as Ventus himself (his heart) is at least at the current level of information still safe within Sora.

But Ventus having to possibly face both Terra and Aqua possessed as norts, maybe flanked by some mockery from Young Xehanort and/or Vanitas from the sidelines, would be equally as if not more heartbreaking.

Hence more Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy, if any of that ends up the case.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think all of the new Norts from the old Organization XIII in KH3 are related to some capital sins:
Marluxia-pride
Larxene-wrath
Xigbar/Braig-greed
Saïx/Isa-envy
Luxord-i don't know what to say about him. His full personality is never detailed at all...
Demyx-sloth
So that is why these characters could have been chosen in order to become the new Norts. What do you think?

Luxord would be the glutton by default right? After all, gambling can become an addiction that is easy to have too much of.

Lisaralin

Awards
I'm betting on Demyx. It seems weird that he is the only original Organization member to be left out.
Then I'd say Terranort and... I don't know. I'm guessing the 13th Darkness will be "decided" during the game.

Smithee

Awards
Marluxia-pride
Larxene-wrath
Xigbar/Braig-greed
Saïx/Isa-envy
Demyx-sloth

Sounds right for Marluxia/Lauriam.

Larxene = lust. (Sadists are often lustful.)

Xigbar/Braig = envy. (His Keyblade-wielder-envy was what led him to Palpanort in the first place.)

Saix/Isa = wrath. (Berserker-type who resents Axel/Lea for their falling-out.)

Luxord = greed. (Gambler-type -- enough said.)

Sounds right for Demyx, too.

Yes, but i am not very sure. In games, Luxord is depicted as a man who only keeps on gambling because he wants to know what will happen as he thinks luck and fate are not written in stone. He could represent lust too :S

Smithee

Awards
I guess you could also say Ansem / Xehanort's Heartless = gluttony, because he's always craving his next "DARKNESS!" fix. :biggrin:

Envy and greed are similar but not the same. Envy is when you want something from someone and you can't have it and the thought of not having it makes you feel sad and wish the worst things for the person who has what you want. It is similar to jeaolusy. I think this sin is related to Isa, because starts to envy the friendship between Axel and Roxas.
Greed is when you want something only for yourself and without sharing said thing with none. Xigbar symbolises as he desires a Keyblade for himself at any cost.
I can be wrong ^^'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back