• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX Back Cover + Game Details!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

We've had a great day of exciting news today, so let's keep the ball rolling! We've managed to catch a glimpse of the back cover for KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX, which includes some useful information that had been frequently requested.

As you can see from the package below, the video output available is NTSC 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p with audio output at Linear PCM 2ch, 5.1ch, Dolby Digital 5.1ch and DTS Digital Surround 5.1ch. An installation of 10.9MB is required to play the game. There is no 3D support.

Source: bKvEBVAvUq

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I was hoping for something better, but I guess this was to be expecting really.

NamineXion

I am not saying its bad its just not what I expected kh covers always make me go WOW

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well, it's the back cover. Usually there's just screenshots or another piece of promotional artwork with a lot of text and logos.

Pretty much what's going on here. We already know what the front cover looks like anyways.

-Roxas-XIII-

YES! 1080p!
I was only expecting 720p, so 1080 is a nice surprise! I couldn't care less about 3D support, but having a higher resolution is great.
The layout and artwork on the back looks good too.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
YES! 1080p!
I was only expecting 720p, so 1080 is a nice surprise! I couldn't care less about 3D support, but having a higher resolution is great.
The layout and artwork on the back looks good too.
I thought all Ps3 games are released in 1080p regardless. All games are on a blu-ray disc after all

-Roxas-XIII-

I thought all Ps3 games are released in 1080p regardless. All games are on a blu-ray disc after all

Not all are in 1080p. The Ratchet & Clank games for example (as well as many others) are only 720. I'm really not sure why this is, but trust me, its true. Only about half of my PS3 games have the capability to display 1080p. There's really no excuse for it either.... I guess some developers are just lazy.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I wasn't expecting them to reuse the covers from the titles for the back of the box.

It looks very neat and simple though, so it does look nice.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Not all are in 1080p. The Ratchet & Clank games for example (as well as many others) are only 720. I'm really not sure why this is, but trust me, its true. Only about half of my PS3 games have the capability to display 1080p. There's really no excuse for it either.... I guess some developers are just lazy.

I believe it has to do with the 3D support.

-Roxas-XIII-

I believe it has to do with the 3D support.

Hmm, I don't think so.
For example, MLB12 The Show has 1080p and 3D support while COD MW3 has 1080p and no 3D. The Ratchet & Clank Collection has only 720p but has 3D support, and Uncharted Drakes Fortune has 720p with no 3D.
I don't really see a pattern. I'm pretty sure its just up to the developers. Recently though, more PS3 games are using 1080.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hmm, I don't think so.
For example, MLB12 The Show has 1080p and 3D support while COD MW3 has 1080p and no 3D. The Ratchet & Clank Collection has only 720p but has 3D support, and Uncharted Drakes Fortune has 720p with no 3D.
I don't really see a pattern. I'm pretty sure its just up to the developers. Recently though, more PS3 games are using 1080.

Hm, then idk. Developer's choice? xD

TepidShark

Awards
The fact that they support 1080p is awesome. Alot of other HD collections recently (or even a lot of recent brand new games) only support 720 so it is great that Kingdom Hearts will be able to take advantage of the full visual quality my TV can offer.

I guess we won't know the framerate until we actually get our hands on it, right? (Kingdom Hearts' gameplay has always seemed fast paced, in a good way, so having it run at 60fps would only be beneficial to that. That said, I am probably expecting 30fps, which is fine but it is not 60fps.)

Last edited:

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I've read contrary responses from officials/official sources regarding the language options, can someone please clarify or correct these points:
  • The Japanese version either comes with English language support and Japanese subtitles or not (the SE staff from the EU blog says it does not)
  • The NA version only comes with English language
  • The EU version will be localized in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish (while KHFM gets EFG and Re:CoM and 358/2 Days only get English voice-overs, all of them have EFIGS subtiles)

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Okay let me give this a shot.
I've read contrary responses from officials/official sources regarding the language options, can someone please clarify or correct these points:
  • The Japanese version either comes with English language support and Japanese subtitles or not (the SE staff from the EU blog says it does not)
The Japanese version contains the option to swap out the Japanese voices for the English ones(in all except for 358/2 Days), the Japanese subtitles stay though.

• The NA version only comes with English language
Correct. The localised version will only contain the English language.

• The EU version will be localized in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish (probably meaning only texts as to my knowledge only the original KH got the respective voice-overs)
I believe each region gets the game in their own language, though it wouldn't surprise me if one copy had the option to select the language(though I do believe 358/2 Days will remain in English, though time will tell).

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
It really was a mistranslation though that the option to switch would be there. I'd say it's just the japanese voices, or it wouldnt take so long to localize for Days.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The Japanese version contains the option to swap out the Japanese voices for the English ones(in all except for 358/2 Days), the Japanese subtitles stay though.

No it doesn't. It is Japanese language only. No English in the Japanese version at all.

Correct. The localised version will only contain the English language.

And Spanish, and Italian, and French, and German. It is unclear if this is for both PAL/Europe and NA or just Europe but we shall see.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
No it doesn't. It is Japanese language only. No English in the Japanese version at all.

And Spanish, and Italian, and French, and German. It is unclear if this is for both PAL/Europe and NA or just Europe but we shall see.
Well god jesus ethy way to be so cruel when correcting people :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back