• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD! LINKS HERE!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Not really.

Help us keep the forums clean

As you know, Birth by Sleep is but four days away for American fans and a week away for European fans; of course this entails obvious spoilers all over the forums (not just the series discussion section).

We need you to tell us about any spoilers/spamming/trolling/advertisement so we can ban/infract the trolls/spoilers/spammers/bots and delete the threads for those who haven't yet played the game; additionally, so we can move all spoilers to the Spoiler section, keep spam away and do all that lovely site staff moderating stuff.

Secondly:

Please keep all spoilers in the spoiler sections and make sure you add a spoiler tag when you do so. Any and all spoilers out of place - if repetitive - will result in an infraction since, well, it's really your responsibility to read the FAQs and forum rules before you start posting. You should know by now that this is protocol. Don't spam or troll or flame, etc.

Thirdly:

Anybody caught posting links to illegal ISOs of the game will be permanently banned without question. You have been warned.

tl;dr the forum's going to be messy for a while so report anything to staff and don't spam

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Lol I wonder how many clicked on this thinking they'd find a link.

Are you guys going to turn off making new accounts for the first week at least? I feel like I remember KHI doing something like that before. I think that would stop a flood of spam and trolls. At least stop the ones that would flood in September 6th/7th.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Also if you see something that needs moving, deletion, merging, to be in SPOILERS, etc. and nothing has been done feel free report it in the reporting thread or to send a VM to a Moderator

[EDIT]
at least I don't mind if you do that.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
One of the things we need to remember is that our member count is very important to us, so I personally feel that it would penalise new members who want to be a part of our community at the apex of the hype if we were to turn off making new accounts.

While bots tend to appear when there's more forum traffic (a correlation), they're easily removable. What worries me the most is idiots who aren't bots signing up and posting Vanitas' face everywhere like someone did at the Jap release.

I will have to take this up with the admins.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Something I would highly advise would be a report button for posts. It would make cracking down on these villians a lot quicker.

Lonelyness21

Awards
I can't help but feel my thread is partially a reason for this... And I'm actually glad, trolls and pirates should be dealt with! :3

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
An interesting way of spreading the message :) Don't worry, I'll keep an eye out. And I agree that a Report Post button would make this process faster and easier. Perhaps that is something else you can bring up.

*By the way...where is the countdown article for today? It should be up by now...*

Awards
Well why doesn't the Spoilers forum just get moved to this forum? It makes no sense for it to be in the Future of KH forum. That'll make it easier for people IMO.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
Perhaps not. After all, not all spoilers are for BBS....there are still those out there, I'm sure, who haven't spoiled themselves on Coded in case it went overseas. Now that it's become Re:coded, any story information on Coded can be considered a spoiler. Instead of moving the thread, why not make a new one here? That way there's no need to move all those topics. That, and while Hype for BBS will continue for many months, that Forum won't be there forever. Making a new section also prevents them from having to move all the spoiler topics back once they're done with the BBS Forum itself (As in, when they decide to make a Re:coded Forum).

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Perhaps not. After all, not all spoilers are for BBS....there are still those out there, I'm sure, who haven't spoiled themselves on Coded in case it went overseas. Now that it's become Re:coded, any story information on Coded can be considered a spoiler. Instead of moving the thread, why not make a new one here? That way there's no need to move all those topics. That, and while Hype for BBS will continue for many months, that Forum won't be there forever. Making a new section also prevents them from having to move all the spoiler topics back once they're done with the BBS Forum itself (As in, when they decide to make a Re:coded Forum).

They're not supposed to make a Re:coded section, if I heard right.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Some bright spark has already been posting the link to a download of the game so he's been permabanned. Not to scare you or anything but I'd just like to reinforce myself when I said that people will be permabanned if they link to an illegal ISO of the game. It might seem an extreme measure to take but when our reputation and the fact that this is highly illegal come into question, this is an appropriate measure.

Let's support Square!

As for a report button: I'll ask the admins about it and see if we can implement something like that.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
Originally posted by Hamster Lord

They're not supposed to make a Re:coded section, if I heard right.

Well, then, a KH3D section. The point is the same (I will say i'm going to be a little disappointed if a Re:coded section isn't made. There are so many differences in gameplay from Coded and it never came out in other countries before now. I think it would deserve it's own section). This BBS section won't be here forever.

I see that by the time of writing this post, a section has indeed been made here. Guess Someone picked up on my suggestion (or Lycoris').

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The 'Spoilers' section has been moved to the Birth by Sleep section. All discussion concerning spoilers should take place there.
Discussion about Re:coded, KH3D, and the overall future of the series will be concentrated in FOKH.

A Re:coded board will be made nearer to the release of the game.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
All right, so I've talked with the admins and they've decided against a report button as it will just send all of us e-mails and it really undermines the importance of the Report-A-Member thread. If you see any rule-breaking, spamming, trolling, linking, etc., please report it there with a link to the offending post, the name of the person and a short description about what he or she has done. Staff will deal with it accordingly.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
No; I wouldn't encourage it, either. We've been getting an influx of new members recently and we want to continue this positive wave of new additions to our community. While there will be spoilers and bots, it's nothing the staff can't take care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back