• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down

The out of body/rewind effect looks strange but works for a movie format.

Patrine

Website
www.twitter.com
The guy that is going to be Prince really looks like him in the videogame. I really hope for a blockbuster movie. Not that it's all good or all bad

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down
PHFEOGFLnR2TJN_1_m.jpg

Russian poster. Looks good except for his right arm.

wushuman90

IGN saw the final cut of Prince of Persia The Sands of Time. This is their impression, but it contains HUGE spoilers. So I think it's best to wait even if you played the game.
Prince of Persia Impressions - Movies Preview at IGN

But this is what they thought.

"The action is big. The effects bigger. And the storyline just interesting enough to keep you watching. Gyllenhaal -- probably not anybody's first choice for the Prince of Persia; although, to be fair, he's a hard character to cast -- serves the role just fine. And Arterton has sex appeal to spare. This movie will surely be compared to Pirates of the Caribbean series and it shares much in common. Perhaps the only thing missing is the equivalent of Captain Jack Sparrow -- Johnny Depp's ludicrous, but unforgettable antihero. By comparison, Dastan and Tamina are straighter and side-players like Kingsley and Molina unremarkable. But the movie is well-produced and sparkling with polish from beginning to end, and we doubt any potential shortcomings will stop moviegoers from seeing it and doing their part in adding another notch to Bruckheimer's already-considerable blockbuster belt."

wushuman90

I guess I'll upload all the videos.

Featurettes:

YouTube - Prince of Persia - "Destiny" Featurette

YouTube - Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - Featurette - Young Dastan

YouTube - Prince of Persia - "Story" Featurette

YouTube - Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time - Official Film Featurette "Hassansins"

YouTube - Prince of Persia - "Stunts & Parkour" Featurette

This isn't a featurette, but this has some new scenes from the movie and show a very good romantic chemistry between Dastan and Tamina. Also the song is from the credit. I get this feeling that "if you say this sucks. You're a cruel bastard."

YouTube - Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - I remain!

wushuman90

There was a Disney Press Day in London some time ago, and there was a screening of the Prince of Persia film introduced by Mike Newell.

No one didn't bring any spoils (Understandly), but there was this.

'Prince of Persia is wicked. Good adventure film. Part "Pirates" part "National Treasure" with a hint of "Indiana Jones". Its a great mix.'

Also, it's farah with tattoos in this new featurette introducing Tamina.

YouTube - Prince of Persia new featurette: Tamina

Last edited:

wushuman90

Early Reviews of the movie. They're pretty much mixed, but it so far it's look like a good movie.

This reviewer looked like who ever had there expectations WAY too high, and comparing it to other big movies. Thinking that this movie would be an award winner, but ended being disappointed. To me this is more like a bash article than a review. Still, atleast he didn't say it was bad, nor was it good.

Review: ‘Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time’ | Obsessed With Film

These reviews sound much better. It felt like they don't care about the cast being white (THANK GOD), as long as the acting is good.

This one said the only problem with the story was the ending,(which was the same as the game), but they say the ending was sad even though it broke the excitement. Also he got it wrong when he wrote JB producted Transformers.

Cinema Online reviews Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time - Movie Reviews - inSing.com - inSing.com

This one gave the movie an 8 out of 10. Says the movie's environment detail doesn't just make you watch it from that period, but makes you want to live there. Though this movie may not be the new Pirates of the Caribbean. It was very well crafted, and well-balanced movie.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time :: Elites TV

This review gave it 3 out of 5 stars (Still considered good). Couldn't get over the fact that it wasn't 3D.

Review of Prince Of Persia: The Sands of Time

Last edited:

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Holy fff with the multiple posts man. Can't be doing that.

Anyway, I may go see this just to see how it turns out. I never really was a big fan of the PoP games but they were okay.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down
lol thanks for the updates. trying not to click on your links so I won't be spoiled.

wushuman90

Thanks. I'll post more if I find any updates. Just 4 more weeks til the movie comes up. I played the sands of time trilogy so I'm excited.

wushuman90

Prince of Persia was at the advance screening overseas. The movie was overcrowded and everyone clapped at the end of the movie. These impressions from Twitters make this movie look like a must see. Not even a single bad comment.

odfree Finished watching Prince Of Persia movie. Great flick!
18 minutes ago via twidroid

@David2SLY both. I thought it was going to be corny at first. But this came out pretty good. Overall the crowd was clapping at the end.
8 minutes ago via twidroid in reply to David2SLY

"Prince of Persia is awesome. Go see it"

"Prince of persia is a good movie that gives you exactly what you expect when and where you expect it."

"Just saw the preview for Prince of Persia with Jake Gyllenhaal. He is yummy."

"PRINCE OF PERSIA! WAS THE BOMB!!!"

"Just saw PRINCE OF PERSIA, nd I must say its pretty good."

"Premiere showing of prince of persia? Epic."

"Prince of Persia was gooodddd!"

"just saw Prince of Persia with my nephew and the movie kicked ass :)) Can't wait to see it again when it comes out in thearters."

"so if u are planning to see prince of persia... go see it, it is a bad ass movie to video game translation! to bad I didn't have a date"

"I just saw the premier of Prince of Persia at South Beach and it was awesome"

"Just saw Prince of Persia at SMG. Great movie"

"the Prince of Persia movie was awesome. Make sure you go see it when it comes out"

"Prince of Persia was a great movie!!!"

"Just saw an advance screening of Prince of Persia at the Bridge. It was really good!"

"Just saw prince of Persia: sands of time bad asss"

"Prince of Persia is a must see :)"

"thinks that Prince of Persia is the best movie based on a video game EVER!"

"thought Prince of Persia was really, really good!"

"Yo, prince of Persia was crazy.. i recommend everyone to watch it on the 28th of may..."

"Just got back from seeing a preview of the movie,'Prince of Persia' due out this weekend. It was fun action story based on the video game of the same name. If that's not your genre, go anyway ladies ...Jake Gyllenhall has the most incredible eyes and mischevious smile and is very sexy eye candy!"

"Prince of Persia was pretty entertaining. It loosely follows the plot from the classic video game which I liked so much. The acting was ok, with some funny parts between some of the slower scenes. It should do well in the box office and it is on par with the pirates of the carribean for content. PG-13 for violence, ... See Morebut I feel 10-11 year olds could probably handle it. I give it a B-."

Edit: These are the newest comments. There are some negative (well it has to happen. Not everyone likes the same movie), though they didn't say the movie sucked or anything. Still a lot more positive ones.

"If you can get past Jake Gyllenhaal's daft accent, Prince of Persia is silly, adventurous, fun!"

"Saw Prince of Persia tonight. Its actually really fun in a Pirates of the Carribean/The Mummy kind of way. Roguish good guy and reluctant love interest type story. I would watch it again - I wish that Jake Gylenhaal didnt base his English accent on Johnny Depp's from Pirates in it tho, not Keanu bad, but it does throw you when you first hear it. "

"its actually good, its nice to see a way early sneak peek of a movie and have it not be sucky for once. I dont know anything about the game its based on, but it doesnt feel like a video game movie at all to me, which is a good thing, feels like a disney pirates movie set in the desert. and i like that the secondary characters all have personalities and dont seen espendable which is really important to me in ensemble type movies."

"theres lots of leaping scenes in the movie, i think thats probably the nod to the games but they make it part of the action scenes, so its pretty seamless"

"Prince of Persia, sadly no giant ogre monster thingys or spikes or wall saws or dark prince or... Best free movie I've ever seen in the theater though."

"Just got home from the pre screening of the Prince of Persia. My family loved it....me it was ok. We got free passes so Im glad I went. It was a nice evening out with the family."

"Prince of Persia was alright, I can dig it."

"The prince of Persia was a pretty awesome movie;)"

"so i got to see the prince of persia today and it was suprisingly REALLY good!!!!!"

"Just got home from a pre-screening of The Prince of Persia. The move has great action all the way through, very well acted, great direction and the cinematography is mad."

"Loved Prince of Persia!"

"Saw advance screening of Prince of Persia movie. FUCKING AWESOME. Pay the 9 dollars to see it when it comes out."

"OMG!!! I just watch my new most favorite movie ever! The Prince of Persia, it was AMAZING! :D"

"just got back from seeing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. I have to say I really did enjoy it. It did do justice to the game, but also was a good movie in itself. Hope this is helpful advice if you choose to see it on May 27th, when it hits theaters... lol"

"just got back from watching a super-friggin-AWESOME advance screening of Prince of Persia - well worth it! I will likely see this one again!"

"i was bored by Prince of Persia: The Sand of Time..."

"prince of persia is going to bet avatar (lol, ed :)"

"yo, prince of persia was pretty tight, ya dig?"

"Prince of Persia: Best videogame movie ever! Still, not very good"

"Just saw a preview for Prince of Persia movie. Awesome"

"Great movie until...

The last 15 minutes or so. Saw an early screening Monday night at The Bridge here in Philly, mainly because I got the ticket (1 ticket that admitted two people) from my local comic shop (South Philly Comics). Like I said, I found it to be a great fun fast paced summer popcorn flick until the last 15 minutes. The ending IMO really reeked of the writers not knowing where to go with it. Basically I would say it seemed out of place and tacked on with no real thought behind it. Which is a real shame because I don't see how you can keep a whole script going along at a nice pace and not come up with a better ending. Reminded me of the ending of Batman '89 which also felt tacked on at the last minute. I may see it again, not sure yet. I will be buying it when it comes out on DVD however!"

"Saw the sneak preview of the Prince of Persia. Not bad, but there have been a lot of movies in that vein recently. Good plot twist.

just saw Prince of Persia and thought it was pretty good!

Just have seen Prince of Persia. Great movie !

A must see movie, "Disney's Prince of Persia"!! It blew us all away and was totally AWESOME!!! I give it a 5 out of 5 Stars!!! Go see it May 28th!!

"We saw an advanced screening of the Prince of Persia last night. If you like the swash buckling type of movies, than this is your type of movie. There was alot of action and Jake Gyllenhaal is quite the gymnast."

"He was awesome in this movie, I just loved it!The stunts were amazing, the affects were incredible and I loved the story. I am not a fan of snakes at all, whatsoever, not even in the least, I am really terrified of them. There are a lot of scary snakes in the movie. That, I was not a fan of. If you have a young boy though, I think that he will love this movie, it has all of the action and thrill that little boys love! I think that this will be a summer block buster!"

Last edited:

wushuman90

*NO SPOILERS*

Short clip of the actual footage from Prince of Persia Movie.

YouTube - Prince of Persia: Sands of time Clip: Rooftop Escape

Also a lot of user reviews.

despite this negative impression.

"Attended a test screening for Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and, well, it really REALLY sucked. If you thought Transformers 2 was bad, this is kind of the same thing except worse in every department. This is kind of a rare thing, but I don't recommend this film to anybody, because I honestly don't see who could like it. At least the CGI is pretty, but how could it be otherwise with 150 million dollars."

These are spot on and much more positive.

Yes/No Films: "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time"

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010) - IMDb user reviews

Why Does the Bird Sing?: I want to be Gemma Atherton

Edit: Another clip that plans the invasion of Alamut.

EXCLUSIVE! Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

And a scene where Dastan is caught in a Sand Trap.

YouTube - Prince of Persia - Sand trap (clip)

and a review from Ain't it Cool. Very positive. Though it receive a 3 out of 5, it's a more than middling review.

Richard Laurent Takes On PRINCE OF PERSIA!! -- Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

Last edited:

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Someone likes of Prince of Persia.

I almost booked tickets to see this movie on the coming Sunday. Directly after the movie there is a Q&A with Jake Gyllenhaal, Gemma Arterton, Mike Newell and Jerry Bruckheimer. Figured it'd be one of those "interesting/once in a liftetime experiences". All it said was that is was at the George St Cinema and while I didn't know where that was, I knew my girlfriend did. Talked to her for two days about whether we wanted to go. Then I put the foot down and went to buy tickets at the website, went through to the last stage before confirmation and then it said it was at the George St Cinema in Sydney. Not Brisbane.

I FFFFFFFFFF'd.

Kasrinok

I thnik PoP: TSoT is going to be a great movie... I went to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D and seen the 3D previews for this movie.. it looked so cool. Btw is this movie going to be shown in 3D?

wushuman90

I thnik PoP: TSoT is going to be a great movie... I went to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D and seen the 3D previews for this movie.. it looked so cool. Btw is this movie going to be shown in 3D?

No, it's gonna be 2-D, because Avatar came out after they were finished filming, besides it looks fine in 2-D. Hate to be like it was in Clash of the Titans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back