• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

358/2 days, saddest KH?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axens

Banned
It was quite sad. The way Xion died and the fact that she wont even be remembered is just phail D: But all the stuff that happened had to happen if we wanted KH 2 to be the way that it was. I do wish that she had still existed somehow, though. But she does "live on" in sora and Roxas, so...yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColdRoxas

Yeah, 358/2 days was the first game that actually tried to make the death or the erasure of someone of existence saddening. I mean, the Dialogue, the music....

BbS will be even more saddening because SOMETHING will happen with TAV by the end of game. Separation? Death of all of them? Who knows, but I'll bet 999999 munny that at least one of them dies or something close to it (I bet it's Aqua)

ColdRoxas

Sora in KH1, Repliku in Revere-Rebirth :\

Sora?? You mean when he stabbed himself in the heart? I don't think I felt 'sad' but more 'moved'. Like there wasn't any foreboding or anything about him actually DYING. All of it was too rushed for a death for a hero in the story(unlike 358/2 when Xion actually reminisces, last wishes, fading etc., ㅜ.ㅠ). Even when he stabbed himself, I knew that he wasn't going to die. All these little things help to believe that the character is actually going to die, unlike Sora who just literaly walked up to the keyblade and stabbed himself in a matter of seconds. Anyways, 3 seconds later your already hinted that he isn't fully dead (which you kind of already feel you know). lol sorry for the lecture

Riku, wasn't really a key character and more of a really annoying complication. He is also more of an antagonist if you ask me. Although, I did feel a bit sad for Repliku so I'll give you that XD.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I haven't actually finished 358/2 but I've read spoilers and it does sound rather depressing. Not sure if I'd equate it with CoM (which was an enormous BAAAAAAAWfest), I'll have to finish the game first.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I felt a lot more sorrow for Namine and Sora in CoM--and nobody even died. Well, Repliku did. But he doesn't count. I just got more attached to the characters and storyline of that game in general. Believe it or not, the original Kingdom Hearts made me really sad when it first came out. When Kairi was floating away from Sora, I was like, "no way, it just CAN'T end this way". And then Riku got trapped behind the door and uggh. D:

--- CoM
--- KH1
--- Days
--- KH2

As far as sadness goes. Sure, the opening bits with Roxas were sad in KH2, but I feel like they tried too hard.

the Tradition

I didn't find much of the game sad, actually.

If anything I simply felt sorry for a lot of the people; mostly Xion, Roxas, Axel and Saïx for various reasons.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
the scene was really great but collectively, i felt that xion needed more screen time, bonding with roxas, and be exposed in emotional pressure more. it felt like i rarely see her in the game. i'd say the storyline was moderately good in the beginning and great near the end but the middle felt like... where in the world is xion and roxas being dragged in repetitive missions. stand up for yourself roxas. lol.

tornribbon

I cried in KH1 when Kairi shed a tear in their seret place after seeing the drawing :'(

But though that made me cry, Days made me howl. Me and my friend played it together, and after the credits had finished, we were still crying :( it was really hard to stop.

The saddest thing though I find, was not the part where Xion died or whatever, or when they didn't remember her. Tears started streaming at the ACTUAL end, where Axel found the 'Winner' stick Roxas had left for him, and then i burst out in tears when Roxas was seen being sent to Twilight Town and he said something like

"Only 7 days later, and my summer vacation was over"

That's the part where i felt like i wanted to die, because this is when we think about how he fades away in KH2 and becomes part of Sora :( common people, admit this was an emotional part of the story!

I also hate how Roxas and Axel left eachother on a sour note, which had me upset for at least a week, all because of Xion..

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I also hate how Roxas and Axel left eachother on a sour note, which had me upset for at least a week, all because of Xion..

Xion actually tried to keep them together. Roxas had a lot of stuff to be mad at Axel over for things Axel did that didn't involve Xion, and refused to listen to Axel both about Xion and not about her. More often than not he'd deny things Axel said, only to have Xemnas confirm them they very next morning.
Their friendship wasn't made to last with or without Xion and it shows the most in KH2 when even with his Memories of Axel, but without those of Xion, Roxas wasn't overly affectionate towards Axel in the prologue.

tornribbon

Xion actually tried to keep them together. Roxas had a lot of stuff to be mad at Axel over for things Axel did that didn't involve Xion, and refused to listen to Axel both about Xion and not about her. More often than not he'd deny things Axel said, only to have Xemnas confirm them they very next morning.
Their friendship wasn't made to last with or without Xion and it shows the most in KH2 when even with his Memories of Axel, but without those of Xion, Roxas wasn't overly affectionate towards Axel in the prologue.

I guess people could look at it differently. Seeing as i havent played the game for a long time this might be wrong, but i think i remember that Xion was the reason for why the two were fighting, as Axel had been given strict orders to get her, and roxas then suddenly uber pms'ed when he saw Axel and Xion fighting, though Xion had actually been the one pointing her keyblade towards Roxas first. I just think that if Xion hadn't been there, they wouldnt have been that mad at eachother. Not blaming her, just saying.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Roxas losing it at Axel over protecting him from Xion to me always seemed to be lack of logic on Roxas's part XD;
And while she was a point of disagreement between them, they had a lot more going.
Like how Roxas didn't care Axel might die if he went along with blondie's obsession with her :C balance much?

tornribbon

Roxas losing it at Axel over protecting him from Xion to me always seemed to be lack of logic on Roxas's part XD;
And while she was a point of disagreement between them, they had a lot more going.
Like how Roxas didn't care Axel might die if he went along with blondie's obsession with her :C balance much?

hahaha x] Yes indeed, Roxas does seem to have some extra empty space in his head where logic is supposed to fit.
She just seems to pop up in some or other context of every disagreement they have to me xD i dunno, but roxas does have a bit too much of an obsession with her indeed :p

AxelRoxasFan223

Website
www.facebook.com
yep ._.

I cried when I played Days too. It was the saddest game I've played so far (in my whole life). The music (especially Xion's theme in Xion's end made i worse), and since I love Xion and Roxas so much it made me cry, call me a baby, i don't care ._.

And even though the "who else will I have ice-cream with?!" kinda kills the whole scene, I'd know ice cream doesn't only mean literally ice cream, it's like the symbol of their friendship in the game, and didn't kill it too much for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back