• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Final Mix?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
I'm hoping that if they do make a Final Mix or Remake, they give us the ability to summon lesser Nobodies in battle, or at least some explanation on them. We know that the Org members in KH2 had lesser Nobodies to control, so why did they serve as training enemies only? And what happened to the lesser Nobodies the Org members in COM control?

A

Audo

I'm hoping that if they do make a Final Mix or Remake, they give us the ability to summon lesser Nobodies in battle, or at least some explanation on them. We know that the Org members in KH2 had lesser Nobodies to control, so why did they serve as training enemies only? And what happened to the lesser Nobodies the Org members in COM control?
That won't ever happen. They originally planned for you to be able to summon them, but it was too much for the Hardware to handle so they had to scrap it. That's not going to change.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I would hate for there to be a Final Mix for this game. If anything, remake it similar to what they did for Re:CoM. With that, it would have a higher possibility for coming to the US. If they did that, then I would love it.

The only reason they ended up releasing the remake for Re:CoM was to pull a publicity stunt in time for Days :\ I doubt they'd do that again, especially in light of CoM being the only game that really needed a remake.

Hm. I just thought of something.

In the old mansion. In Twilight Town. Despite the door being locked, the area has the inside of the gate planned out as part of the screen. The background image isn't from the gate onwards.
:\ I think they programmed it and didn't scrap it out altogether. It scares me.

Xnairb

Website
theredsquirtle.blogspot.com
In the old mansion. In Twilight Town. Despite the door being locked, the area has the inside of the gate planned out as part of the screen. The background image isn't from the gate onwards.
:\ I think they programmed it and didn't scrap it out altogether. It scares me.

looking at that, and looking at all of the unused sprites in the game cartridge, I think they had a lot more in store for Days. Also, the scene at Destiny Islands where Roxas, Axel, and Xion were hanging out kind of confused me... maybe they could explain that a little more?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It hardly has to go that far.
They promised each other they'd go to the beach. Xion had been to DI on missions before, so she knew what it was like. And if they're at the paopu tree it's a joint Memory with Riku, not just Sora and Kairi.

Zero 7

I would kill Nomura if he release a Final Mix. All your work for 100% in days goes to the trash because there is a remake. Its like pokemon
Woo! I just beat pokemon diamond
Pokemon platinum release
Son of a......

A

Audo

Japanese exclusive Kingdom Hearts Re: Days for Wii.

Side stories don't have Final Mixes per se but are remade
No. Using one example to base everything is stupid.
Nomura already said plainly, that Days getting remade is pretty much extremely unlikely.
A Final Mix is far more likely.

A

Azrael

No. Using one example to base everything is stupid.
Nomura already said plainly, that Days getting remade is pretty much extremely unlikely.
A Final Mix is far more likely.

You misunderstood me. A Final Mix is likely.

Awards
There won't be a final mix, calling it now.
And I'll call otherwise.
I'd be willing to bet so.

The largest indicator is the interview.
Ever notice how the interviewer in all of these KH interviews just knows the right questions to ask? They're not stupid. Plenty of these questions are planted by the developers so that it becomes more of an ask-and-answer to the fans.

There's a reason why a Days Final Mix came up. They knew what they were doing.
And guess what? The answer he gave to that question is extremely similar to the one he gave years ago (right after the release of KH2) about a possible Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix. And look where that led us.

You could argue that the question was planted to dismiss the possibilities so fans would have a resolute answer. But that's what the "Days Remake" question was for. It was, more or less, "no, don't bother expecting one." The Final Mix question was left open and vague. On purpose.

Another hint, as I see it, is the Pinocchio world. The developers did not remove it because of lack of space. They said that they didn't want to put too many worlds in (which would detract emphasis from the ones they already had). So they ditched Pinocchio when it was practically complete.

That's horseshit considering Days has the least number of worlds in the entire KH series. There's another reason. If it was because of space, they would have said as much. Instead, I'd bet it's one of their trump cards for a Days FM.

As Audo has said, there were only 90+ missions. At first when playing Days, I figured they'd have a reason for all of the Days we skipped. For example, the 25 or so days that we first skipped made sense because Roxas was asleep. But after that, there weren't many excuses. Some of the days we skipped were for no apparent reason- we completed X number of missions, and all of a sudden we skip ahead several weeks. That leaves plenty of room for new missions, or even an entirely new world.

As for things I'd like to see:
- Pinocchio world, obviously.
- Xemnas reports. Still want them. 14 reports giving the original names and scenarios of each of the members (eg what they were like, where they were from, how they became Nobodies, etc). Of course, there'd be only so much they'd be able to say about the members that will appear in BbS, but for those who have little chance of a reappearance as their original (I'm looking at you, Luxord), we really need this for some closure. This may be the last time we ever see them. And Nomura did say that he may have an opportunity to release the original names aside from the ones we already know (reminds me of when he said he had an opportunity to release Zexion's weapon... a la Re:CoM/FM).
- More original Heartless. I really didn't mind fighting the 5 or so variations of the same enemies as much as I thought I would, but some more new enemies would be nice. The kind that aren't rip offs of Wyverns or Armored Knights.

More Disney enemies would have been nice. It's not gonna happen, though, so I won't include it considering they'd have to restructure the plot of some worlds, but....
Hades?
Hook?
Gaston?

And of course, more secret bosses than the Dustflier. Throw in Rikunort as part 2 of the final battle for good measure.

And a secret ending. Of what, I don't know, just make one.

Some more context to certain cutscenes would be nice, like Smile said. The Destiny Islands cutscene really made no sense and came out of nowhere.

And to finish it all off, new unlockable characters (Xehanort's Heartless, and alternate costumes [KH2 Roxas/Sora, Goofy and Donald in their Kingdom outfits, maybe even Xemnas in his final boss cloak]).

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The Final Mix question was left open and vague. On purpose.

It wasn't vague, just open but in a way that makes it obvious there'd be an FM. He basically said that the only reason why they aren't working on it is because the English version isn't out yet. The only reason.

That's horseshit considering Days has the least number of worlds in the entire KH series. There's another reason. If it was because of space, they would have said as much. Instead, I'd bet it's one of their trump cards for a Days FM.

Space becomes even less of an issue with the bigger cartriges floating around these days. They could stand to remake quite a few scenes into CGs and still add a world or two in.

That leaves plenty of room for new missions, or even an entirely new world.

I'd like to say the thing that irks me about this is that this new world would have to be pretty stand-alone otherwise it'd collide with the plot, but... the only worlds that really mattered were ones Sora's Memories showed up in, and even then because of the act itself rather than how it reflected on the world itself. So on one hand a Pinnochio world would give them the necessary plot incentive, while still keeping it pleasantly detached - as were the rest of the worlds aside from TLTW and Agrabah (and even then I mention it just because they chose that world to have some Xion plot expanded upon, not for any real reason).

(I'm looking at you, Luxord)

I donno. I actually think Luxord's a prime candidate to have an unrelated cameo somewhere, seeing how he's Nomura's fav Org member.

- More original Heartless. I really didn't mind fighting the 5 or so variations of the same enemies as much as I thought I would, but some more new enemies would be nice. The kind that aren't rip offs of Wyverns or Armored Knights.

So long as they won't give them ridiculous amounts of HP for no good reason like Ruler of the Sky x_X

More Disney enemies would have been nice.

They could add in some random fights with the card soldiers.

Throw in Rikunort as part 2 of the final battle for good measure.

Doubt that's gonna happen. Maybe as something pure canon, seeing how
1) you're supposed to lose
2) it's not a fight. It's rape.

And a secret ending. Of what, I don't know, just make one.

Not that hard seeing how they just about threw BBS relations in our faces. I wouldn't mind some Xemnas flashes or even, you know, "now" scenes that would reflect about TAV somehow. A few seconds, doesn't even have to be a whole clip. At the end of the credits or something like how we saw Roxas in TLTW at the end of Re:CoM.

Some more context to certain cutscenes would be nice, like Smile said. The Destiny Islands cutscene really made no sense and came out of nowhere.

:D :D
I wouldn't care if they left it out of the cutscenes, but, uh... If they want me to believe Riku made Xion change her mind at all and not just hairflipped her into wanting to disappear, I'll need at least one scene with proper interaction between them seeing how they arguably had DAYS together. The timeline itself said they were working together for a while, so.

A

Audo

Also of note is how Nomura said he wanted to have a nice CG piece of artwork for the ending of the game, that he wanted to spend a lot of effort on, but they simply ran out of time.

A

Audo

The only thing to truly be afraid of now is the likelihood it'll be a DSi exclusive.
To be honest, I can't see why it would. What use would they have of using the DSi exclusive features like the Camera? =/

Get bonus heart points for stealing real people's hearts by taking their picture?

Awards
I donno. I actually think Luxord's a prime candidate to have an unrelated cameo somewhere, seeing how he's Nomura's fav Org member.
You know, for being Nomura's favorite Organization character, he was the most poorly written in Days.

But either way, I doubt all of the Organization members' Somebodies will appear in BbS. I almost don't want them all too- otherwise it would be too many characters and not enough individual character development. So the ones that won't appear (or hopefully shouldn't), ought to get some closure.

Doubt that's gonna happen. Maybe as something pure canon, seeing how
1) you're supposed to lose
2) it's not a fight. It's rape.
I could see them squeezing it in.

Pause at 2:54.
After it pans out showing Rikunort, the scene fades out and the battle ensues. Could do something interesting with it. Like, for instance, you're timed, Rikunort is invincible, and it's basically a survival mode where you rack up points by hitting him.

Then, after the battle, it shows the scene from 2:54 onward.
I mean, you figure Roxas could have put up a little bit of a better fight.

And it wouldn't have been the first time the makers have altered our perceptions of that battle.
First there was the ASAS/DD concept video.
Then KH2's rendition.
Then they extended it in KH2FM. It was originally implied that the battle was over when Riku walked over to Roxas, who blacks out.
And finally they added a bit of dialogue, including Xion's influence over Riku, in Days.

They've been constantly changing the scene around, i say this wouldn't hurt.

Not that hard seeing how they just about threw BBS relations in our faces. I wouldn't mind some Xemnas flashes or even, you know, "now" scenes that would reflect about TAV somehow. A few seconds, doesn't even have to be a whole clip. At the end of the credits or something like how we saw Roxas in TLTW at the end of Re:CoM.
Yeah, and on that note- I'd like to see a little bit more about the Chamber of Waking/Repose.

I thought for sure that we'd get some kind of hint about Xemnas and Aqua in the Chamber of Repose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back