• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Special Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Countdown!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Crossroads

Saïx seems less interesting than Marluxia. They have the same tone of voice, and at least Marluxia was interesting because he was gay and a boss, lol

Marluxia didnt have a sexual preference to my knowledge. Since he's a freaking monster, not a human. Also...no.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
I am, actually. I'm pretty sure.

WE NEED A SAIX QUOTE. COME ON, THERE HAS TO BE SOME SAIX FANS OUT THERE.

...and Vexen.

I don't mind doing either one. (Heck, I founded the Vexen Fan Club!) I just didn't offer to do them because I thought you already had people for them.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Some people expressed interest in Vexen, so we'll see how it plays out.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
My god. Whoever wrote the Marluxia article spelt Azrael wrongly. This is epic (it's spelt Azarel in the article).

At least, I think I'm talking about the right person?

Edit: Yes, I am talking about the right person. First page of this thread spells it Azrael too.

Luxord4444

Do you still need a Xemnas?! Obviously my first choice was taken but hey Xemans is just a cool as Luxord...I guess :) so does anyone have him claimed????? ALSO WHERE DID YOU FIND THESE BIO PICTURES I NEED TO KNOW PLZ TELL!!!!!!!!!

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
My god. Whoever wrote the Marluxia article spelt Azrael wrongly. This is epic (it's spelt Azarel in the article).

At least, I think I'm talking about the right person?

Edit: Yes, I am talking about the right person. First page of this thread spells it Azrael too.

Spyells probably doesn't know him. So it's okay.
I just went in and changed it.

Thanks for letting me know, though.

Chaos

Hero of Lhant
Here my Saix quote just in case you need one Raz

"True, we don't have hearts, but we remember what it was like, that's what makes us special." - Saix

Saix number Vll of Organization Xlll and, also apparently the second-in-command. Saix is my third favorite Organization member. Making his debut in KH2, Saix shows be one the members most "Nobody-Like" next to Xemnas of course. Appearing to Sora in "Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden" along with the remaining Organization members excluding Axel. He seems to taunt Sora along with the rest of the members.

"True, we don't have hearts, but we remember what it was like, that's what makes us special."-Saix

Saix controls the lesser nobodies called Beserkers. Just like his lesser nobodies Saix fights with a similar fighting style accept alittle more harder. When Sora fights him Saix goes into a berserk state. It shows he can not only be emotionless. In this state he seems to show alot of anger. His berserk form is also one of the reason I like him so much. Its so unexpected who what of thought a guy like him would go mad while fighting.

"We know very well how to injure a heart. Sora, you just keep on fighting those Heartless."-Saix

Even though Saix didn't have much screen time he plays a good part in KH2 and, I hope he plays a bigger part in KH 358/ 2 days. I want to see the way he treats the rest of the members. I also want to know if he and Roxas were on good terms or bad terms. Saix might not be a fan favorite but, I know I'll keep liking him.

"Why...Kingdom Hearts...where is my...Heart?"

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Alrighty, folks; Luxord's editorial has been posted on the front page.

Making his way in at the tenth spot in our Organization XIII-358/2 Days countdown is the smooth-talking card player Luxord, the Gambler of Fate and number 10 in the Organization.

21j3bxd.png

What We Know So Far:

First introduced to the players in Kingdom Hearts II, Luxord definitely stands apart from the other members of the Organization, with his refined British dialect, and his unique yet aggravating boss battle. Of his own volition, he keeps himself on a higher level than the other members, and regards his opponents worthy enough only to be toyed with, as can be seen throughout the party’s encounters with him. He is masterfully well-versed in rhetoric, which he uses to keep himself superior and in control at all times. But at the same time, Luxord hardly wastes time with the long-winded monologues the other Organization members give, “skipping the formalities” and heading straightforwardly into combat.

In Kingdom Hearts II, Luxord was one of the many members sent to a specific world for the purpose of gathering hearts and upsetting the state of order. His destination, definitely fitting to his character, is the British colonial city of Port Royal. There, he takes advantage of the curse on the Aztec gold to wreak havoc throughout the world, gathering cursed pirates and deadly Heartless to his aid in harvesting hearts. Before Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Jack Sparrow are able to end the curse, he decides to incorporate a game-of-chance element into the scenario, and uses his Gambler Nobodies to disperse four of the 882 coins to the far ends of the world. Sora and company are then forced to scour the seas for the gold medallions, in order to put a stop to the curse and the Heartless.

The party encounters Luxord only once more afterwards, in the World That Never Was. Wasting no time, he immediately ousts Donald and Goofy, leaving Sora to fight him alone. The fight is entirely ruled by time; it always ticks downwards, yet getting hit makes it go down quicker. Throughout the fight, Luxord challenges Sora to a number of tricky mini-games, each with its generous rewards for winning-and deadly consequences for losing or refusing to play. Yet in the end, Sora puzzles out the games and dispatches of Luxord, whose dying words, even, still confuse him.

His Role in Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days:

From what we’ve seen from gameplay clips, the Gambler of Fate makes only one storyline appearance throughout the game, that being in Roxas’ first visit to Wonderland, which is most likely an analogy between the card soldiers and Luxord’s own cards. He and the young neophyte are forced to sneak about the world to avoid notice by the Queen of Heart’s minions. It could be possible that Luxord reappears to help Roxas again, but until the game is released, we cannot say for sure. But, just as all the other members are, Luxord is a playable character who can be used in replaying missions and in wireless combat.

"I'd rather we just skip the formalities."

What the Fans Think:

Unfortunately, in spite of his smooth British charisma, Luxord is and has been among the relatively unnoticed members of the Organization; he only appears in four scenes throughout the game, and, because of his character’s distaste for monologues, has no memorable speech by which fans can remember him, except for his before-battle quote, “I’d rather we just skip the formalities.” Hopefully he will receive some of the recognition he deserves by the time 358/2 Days’ North American release comes around.

But while he is generally ignored by most of the series’ fanbase, there are still a few fans who pay homage to Luxord. Here is what forum member Angel has to say about the Gambler of Fate:

Angel said:
Luxord, Number 10. Aside from the lovely British accent, there's an affinity for gambling to love! He refers to several key events in the series as simple games of chance. (for example the scene in KH2FM after Axel dies: "Perhaps he gambled something he didn't have...and won?" and then proceeds to call Axel a cheater)

While Days is far from placing a bulk of the spotlight on him, it would be interesting to learn why he's the only one in the Organization where his hobby is not also his job within the group. Plus what his cards can be customized into. As a master of time, it'll be interesting to see his proficiency in using it to stop the Heartless.

As for his role in Days, I'm interested to see the capacity he takes in training and honing Roxas for the Organization's purposes, if any at all.

In Conclusion:

In short, Luxord is, by far, one of the more unique characters of the franchise, in spite of his general anonymity. With hope, we’ll be able to get a deeper look into his character with the North American release (Sept. 29) and European release (Oct. 9) of Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days.

Until then, you can discuss Luxord, the Organization, and the new game in general on our forums.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Thank you for posting it in the thread, Ordeith. Great post. :3

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
I would also like to be a candidate for Vexen, if there isnt someone already

BluesStar21

No thanks Raz, for doing this for us, gives a chance to tell about our favorite organization members, we have to thank you.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
heehee

i'm sad that there wasn't more to write about.

also, fun fact:

part of the reason I like Luxord so much is that he is one of the members where the battle music is XIII Struggle.

oh and preordered this bitch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back