• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Small-Talk

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

revarai20

Smile like you mean it
Small talk CAN be hard especially if you don't know what to talk about. =/
I'm not sure how I bring it up, actually, I just try to say things that interest people or doesn't offend people.
I'm no expert at this but I'd say try to talk about things that are in the news or interest of others. Otherwise, no idea.
My way is just like anybody else, I guess...

Q

Banned
i see hidden looking at this thread, what

how the fuck can you not talk small, it shouldn't be that hard unless you're doing it wrong, it's small talk

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
i see hidden looking at this thread, what
Just trying to learn how to small talk. My conversations have an unfortunate habit of turning into dissertations.

Lycanthrope said:
Talking about the weather just sounds retarded. Not gonna lie.
I once tried the weather line, but it was night and I must have been distracted, because it came out "The weather's very dark today." Haven't talked to that person since.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Just trying to learn how to small talk. My conversations have an unfortunate habit of turning into dissertations.

I once tried the weather line, but it was night and I must have been distracted, because it came out "The weather's very dark today." Haven't talked to that person since.

This thread is now awesome.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
"Nice weather were having" that is small talk how is that hard? Although I have seen people attempt it either to me or some one else and they failed at it so I guess it could be hard for other people.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards

Eh, when you do however the outcome is usually very intelligent and strong (something which is needed around here). Length isn't an issue in my book at the very least. Trust me, I have seen much worse :v

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
School stuff usually works for me, i.e.

"What class are you going to next?"

"Aah, I have so much homework!"

"Do you have [teacher here]?"

etc.

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade
"Nice weather were having" that is small talk how is that hard? Although I have seen people attempt it either to me or some one else and they failed at it so I guess it could be hard for other people.
That sounds stupid though. And it's so cliche and everyone will want you to stop talking to them the minute you mention the weather.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
That sounds stupid though. And it's so cliche and everyone will want you to stop talking to them the minute you mention the weather.
I was being sarcastic who the fuck would talk about the wheather?

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Small talk in general usually gets a conversation going, but it's not always necessary. A simple "yo" or "what's up?" can initiate a conversation quite easily. Might not be the longest conversation in many cases but you'd be surprised how something as a simple hello can lead to riveting stories.

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade
Small talk in general usually gets a conversation going, but it's not always necessary. A simple "yo" or "what's up?" can initiate a conversation quite easily. Might not be the longest conversation in many cases but you'd be surprised how something as a simple hello can lead to riveting stories.
Truth, good point.
What if she's a geologist?
Geologists study rocks, not the weather. You must be talking about a meteorologist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back