• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Heats: Blades of Rebirth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Negative

Chapter 11: Shere Khan the Tiger

The group stopped for the night by a large pound. The reflection of the moon kept a pleasant light. Seika was laying against a tree, staring at the silver circle as Max, PJ, and Mowgli slept. He was deep in thought, thinking about how quickly everything happened. One day he was hit in the head with a rock and fell into the strangest dream he had ever seen, then his world turned to darkness, and now, he was traveling to worlds. It felt as if it were all a dream, and the moment he would fall asleep, he would wake up, back in his bed in the Falcon Plains. But he knew that wouldn't happen. He turned to his side and stared at the tree's root.

"And furthermore," he heard an approaching voice say. It was Bagheera, continuing a conversation he was having with Baloo. "Mowgli seems to have man's ability to get into trouble. And your influence hasn't been exactly-"

"Shh," Baloo whispered. He gestured towards the sleeping Mowgli. "Quiet down, you're going to wake him. You know, it ain't easy learning to be like me."

Bagheera laughed in disbelief. "A disgraceful performance. Associating with those undesirable, scatterbrained apes. I hope Mowgli learns something about that experience."

Mowgli gave a laugh in his sleep, then began muttering to the song King Louie sang. Baloo chuckled. "That's my boy."

Bagheera shook his head and strode away. "Nonsense."

Baloo ran a hand down Mowgli's head, and folded a few leaves over his body.

"Baloo," Bagheera shouted. "Get over here. I would like to have a word with you."

"A word?" Baloo said, rubbing his neck. He began to make his way over to the panther. "You're going to talk some more?"

Seika slid to his feet and crept towards them, staying low so they didn't notice him.

"Baloo," Bagheera began. "The man-cub must go back to the man-village. The jungle is not a place for him."

"I grew up in the jungle," Baloo said mockingly. "Take a look at me."

"Yes, just look at yourself," Bagheera said in the same tone. "Frankly, you're a disreputable sight."

"Well you don't exactly look like a basket of fruit yourself," Baloo growled.

Seika gave a yawn as the two argued, but quickly clamped a hand over his mouth.

Bagheera raised his head. "Come out, whoever is there!" he shouted.

Without hesitation, Seika jumped to his feet. "Sorry," he said, his voice shaking. "I couldn't sleep, and I heard you two talking-"

"It's alright, man-cub," Bagheera said with a nod. He looked back up at Baloo.

"Don't worry, Baghy," the bear said. "I'll take care of him."

"Oh, the same way you did when those monkeys kidnapped him?" Bagheera said.

"Can't a guy make one mistake?" Baloo said, scratching his back on a tree.

"Not in the jungle!" Bagheera growled. "And another thing. Sooner or later, Mowgli will meet Shere Khan."

"The tiger?" Baloo froze. "What's he got against the kid?"

"He hates man with a vengeance, you know that," the panther said. "because he fears man's gun and man's fire."

"But little Mowgli don't have those things."

"Shere Khan won't wait until he does," Bagheera said. "He'll get Mowgli while he's young and helpless."

"But what about this kid?" Baloo said, gesturing towards Seika. "Wouldn't he go after him as well?"

"This boy wields the Keyblade. He protect himself with it."

Seika's heart helped when he heard those words. He looked down at his left hand, and curled it into a fist. "I couldn't even protect my own friends," he muttered. He glanced up at them when he realized what he said. Neither of them seemed to notice.

"W-what are we going to do?" Baloo said, stuttering uncontrollably.

"We'll do what's best for the boy-"

"You better believe it," Baloo said quickly. "You say it, and I'll do it."

"Good," Bagheera said with a smirk. "Then you make Mowgli go to the man-village."

"W-well, can't I wait until morning?"

"It's morning now," Bagheera said impatiently. Baloo looked around. "Go on, Baloo."

With a sigh, Baloo walked towards Mowgli just as he began to wake up. "Hi, Baloo,"
he said cheerfully.

"Hi," Baloo rubbed the back of his neck. "You better wipe that sleep out of your eyes. You and me, we got a long walk ahead of us." He started to walk off, with Mowgli not far behind. He gulped, then nervously waved to Bagheera. "See ya later, Bagheera."

"Goodbye, man-cub," Bagheera said with a sigh. "And good luck." He turned to Seika, as PJ and Max joined them. "Now, about that Keyhole," he said. He strode in front of them and led them into the jungle.

"C'mon, Baloo," Mowgli said. "All we gotta do is look for the bare necessities." He grabbed two bananas from a tree and tossed one to Baloo. "So, where're we going, Baloo?"

"Well, uh..." he muttered. He tossed the banana over his shoulder. "It's sorta new and-"

"I don't care," Mowgli said. "As long as I'm with you. We'll have tons of fun."

"Mowgli," the bear said. "There's something I've gotta tell you."

"Tell me what, Baloo?"

"Uh... How did Bagheera put it... Ah!" he said as the thought ran through his mind. "Mowgli, you wouldn't marry a panther, would you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Mowgli said, distracted by a butterfly.

"Don't you realize you're a human?"

"I'm not anymore. I'm a bear, like you, Baloo."

"Look, little buddy. Listen to me!" he said. He was beginning to raise his voice. "Look, I've been trying to tell you, I've been trying all morning. I've gotta take you back to the man-village!"

"The man-village!" Mowgli yelled. "Y-you're just like Bagheera!"

"Wait a minute, that's going too far," Baloo said.

Mowgli spun around and began to run.

"Mowgli! Wait a minute! Mowgli!" Baloo called out. The boy was out of sight. He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Mowgli! Mowgli!" a voice yelled in the distance. Seika, Max, PJ and Bagheera turned around.

"Now what's happened?" Bagheera growled to himself, and the four ran to the shouts.

They found Baloo running through the jungle. He caught sight of them and said, "You're not going to believe me, Bagheera, but I used the same words you did, and he ran off on me."

"Don't just stand there, we've got to separate! We've got to find him!" Bagheera swung around and ran into the jungle, calling back, "Sorry, Seika. The Keyhole has to wait!"

"Right," Seika muttered. He looked at his friends. They gave a nod, and disbanded.

Shere Khan crept through the tall grass, watching his prey. A doe that was nibbling the flowers in the field. He crept closer, keeping his body down and out of sight. Just as he was about to pounce, there was a trumpeting sound, and the herd of elephants came marching across the field, scaring the doe away.

"Hup-two-three-four! Keep it up-two-three-four!" they said.

"What beastly luck," the tiger growled. "Confound that Colonel Hathi." He moved through the trees and watched the elephants march past, and give another trumpeting yell from their trunks.

Seika's head perked up as he heard a sound from the distance. "The elephants?" he muttered. An idea struck through his mind. He ran as fast as he could through the jungle until he caught up with the line of elephants marching across a small pond. "S-stop!" he yelled. The elephants continued to march. "Wait a minute!" he tapped his fingers on his forehead, trying to remember what it was the leading elephant yelled out. "Halt!"

The elephants ran into Hathi as they finally stopped. "Who said 'halt'!" he yelled, looking around angrily. "I give the commands here!"

Seika ran in front of the line. "I'm sorry, sir," he said nervously. "It was me."

"Another man-cub?" he yelled. "Giving out my orders? What are you doing here, boy?"

"Bagheera sent me," Seika said nervously. "We're looking for Mowgli, the other man-cub. We need you're help. We were taking him back to the man-village, and he ran away. And there's that tiger, Shere Khan, who could pick up his trail."

"Shere Khan isn't in miles of here," he said, laughing to himself.

Another elephant walked out of the line and marched up to Hathi, grumbling "This has gone far enough." Her son not too far behind.

"Winifred? What are you doing out of rank?" Hathi said.

"Nevermind," she said. "How would you like it if our boy was lost and alone in the jungle?"

"Our boy? That's a completely different matter."

"That boy is no different then our own. Now you help find him, or I'll be giving out the commands."

"Papa," the young elephant said. "The man-cub and I are friends. He'll get hurt if we don't find him.

Hathi smiled. "Now, boy. Your father had a plan in mind." He walked to the line. "Company! Left face!" The line of elephants turned around to face him. He began to whisper orders to them.

After noticing some movement in the grass nearby, Seika bowed the Colonel Hathi. "Thanks, sir," he said, and he ran back into the jungle, returning to search for Mowgli.

Mowgli walked slowly across the jungle. He gave a sigh and sat beside a tree. A long tail dropped down and lifted him onto a higher branch. "Kaa!" he yelled as he was face to face with the snake.

"Yesss, man-cub," he said cooly. "So nice to see you again."

"Leave me alone," Mowgli grumbled as swatted the snake's tail away. "I know what you're trying to do."

"You do?" Kaa said, surprised. "I mean - you don't trust me?"

"No."

"Don't want me to help you?"

"You can help me?"

"Cccertainly. I can make it so you don't have to leave the jungle."

"You can?" Mowgli asked. He turned to face the snake.

"Yesss," he said. "But first, you must trussst me."

"No," Mowgli said again, and he began to walk away.

Kaa followed him, and wrapped his body around Mowgli's head. "I don't blame you," he said. "But I'm nothing like those fair-weathered friends of yours. Trust me."

Shere Khan approached the tree, and looked up at the branch where the snake's tail hung down. He grabbed it and gave it a pull.

He an angry sigh, the snake lowered his upper body and looked around. "Yes? Yes? Who is it?"

"It's me, Shere Khan," the tiger said, showing himself from behind the tree. "I'd like a word with you if you don't mind."

"Shere Khan. What a pleasant surprise."

"I just dropped by. I hope I wasn't interrupting anything."

"No, nothing at all," the snake said, his voice shaking.

"Oh? I thought you were entertaining someone up there in your coils." The tiger's claws shot out from his paws.

"Oh, no. I was just coiling up for my.... Siesta."

Shere Khan began scratching the side of his cheek. "But I heard singing. Who's up there, Kaa?" He grabbed the snakes neck.

"Oh, uh... I was just singing to myself," Kaa said. He tried to swallow, but the tiger's grip was too tight. "You see, I have trouble with my sssinuses."

"Oh, what a pity," the tiger said. "Well, at the moment I'm looking for a lost man-cub. Do you know where he would be?"

No. You can search me-" he covered his mouth with his coils.

"That's an excellent idea," Shere Khan said slyly.

"I don't have him," Kaa said. He lowered his tail. "Nothing over here, and nothing in here." He opened his mouth and used his tail to point in.

"Kaa!" Seika came running into the plain, and summoned the Keyblade into his hand.

"And who is this?" Shere Khan asked, scratching his chin.

"This would be a different man-cub," he hissed. He raised his head and let his tongue flicker out. "A very stupid man-cub. The one that holds the Keyblade. I hate this kid ssso very much."

"The Keyblade, you say?" Shere Khan asked, interested.

"Yesss. If you don't mind, I would like to have this boy for myself."

"Very well," Shere Khan said with a grin. He slowly began to walk away. "I'll leave you two alone. Oh, and if you find the man-cub, be sure to inform me first."

"Fine," Kaa hissed not taking his eyes off Seika. "I want to finish you for good."

Beside the snake, two creatures appeared. They looked like two small, blue snakes with large heads. On their lower jaw was the red heart emblem with the X through it. The symbol of the Heartless.

"Get him," Kaa hissed, and the two snakes shot at Seika, both with long fangs hanging from their mouths.

Seika swung his Keyblade at one of them and knocked it against the tree. The Heartless vanished into darkness, releasing its captive heart. Seika turned his attention to the other Heartless. He dodged as it lunged at him, leaving himself open for Kaa to attack.

The snake bit onto Seika's shoulder, in attempt to pull him up. "Not so tough without your little friends huh, boy?" he said.

Thinking quickly, Seika dropped the Keyblade and grabbed the snake's neck. He began to spin Kaa around, and as they spun, Seika kicked the other Heartless away, before letting go and dropping to the ground and summoned the Keyblade back into his hand. He finished the Heartless off with one last slash, then turned his attention to Kaa. "Not so tough with out your Heartless, huh?" he mocked.

Kaa gave a shout of anger and frustration. Two more Heartless appeared beside him. He gave a grin.

Seika gritted his teeth. The two Heartless lunged at him, like the ones before. He quickly dodged them. 'Don't worry about them,' he though. 'Aim for Kaa.' He dodged the Heartless again as they tried to get him again, and he swung the Keyblade into Kaa's upper body.

The snake slammed into the tree, but shook the pain out and began to snap at Seika.

He dodged and grabbed onto his neck again and began to spin, kicking the two Heartless away as they approached. When he let go, he let himself slide across the ground. He slashed the two Heartless with his Keyblade as they approached, turning them back to the darkness. Seika held his Keyblade at the snakes head.

"No fair," he hissed.

"Now tell me, where is Mowgli?" Seika said, holding his weapon steady.

"I don't know," the snake lied. "He could be long gone. He could be out of the jungle."

Seika shook his head and let the Keyblade vanish. He quickly turned around and ran through the jungle, after Shere Khan.

Kaa gave a low hiss. "Stupid boy. Doesn't even bother looking up."

Mowgli freed himself from the snake's coils and looked down at the laughing Kaa. He grabbed the snakes body and dropped him from the branch, and slid down to the ground. "You told me a lie, Kaa. You said I could trust you." Mowgli started to run back into the jungle.

Kaa spat onto the ground. "If I see any of those little sniveling brats again, it will be too soon," he hissed, and he began slither back into the jungle, dragging his limp body behind.

Negative

Chapter 12: We're Your Friends

Mowgli moved slowly through the outskirts of the jungle. He sat down onto a rock and looked into the black puddle. Four vultures landed beside him and began to laugh.

"Look at his legs," one said. "They look like a storks."

Tears dripped from Mowgli's eyes. "Go ahead, laugh. I don't care." He stood up and walked away.

"Poor fella," another vulture said. "Ay, kid!"

"Leave me alone," he said. "Nobody wants me around.

"C'mon kid," the vulture said. "We know what it's like. Nobody wants us around."

"Hey, Mowgli!" Max came running out of the jungle and stopped to catch his breath. "We've been looking everywhere for you."

PJ wasn't too far behind. He began doing to same. "Have you seen Seika yet?"

"Yeah," Mowgli said. "He was fighting with Kaa. But he didn't notice me. He ran back into the jungle to look for me."

"There you guys are!" Seika caught up with them and looked around. "I've been wondering where you where. Bagheera and Baloo and even the elephants are looking for you."

"They were looking for me?" Mowgli asked.

"Of course," Max said. PJ nodded in agreement.

"The reason they want you to go back to the man-village is so you can be safe from the dangers of those like Shere Khan," Seika said. "That's what friends do. They look out for each other." He remembered his friends from the Falcon Plains. 'They'll be alright,' he thought to himself. He gave a grin.

"See kid, you do have friends," another vulture said. "We're your friends too."

"You see kid, that's what friends do," the fourth vulture said. "Friends help you when you're down, because that's what friends are for."

There was clapping. Seika, Max, PJ, Mowgli, and the vultures spun around to see Shere Khan applauding their speech. "Bravo, bravo. An extraordinary performance. And thank you for entertaining my victims."

The vultures fled as quickly as they could to the nearest tree and watched as the tiger approached the four below. "Run, friends, run!"

"Why should I run?" Mowgli asked with his hands on his hips.

"Why should you run?" Shere Khan repeated. "Do you know who I am?"

"I know you alright. You're Shere Khan."

"Precisely," the tiger said, bringing out his claws. "Then you should also know that everyone runs from Shere Khan."

"I don't run from anyone," Mowgli said.

"What a spirit for one so small," Shere Khan said with a large smile on his face. "And one with a spirit deserves a sporting chance. Now I'm going to close my eyes and count to ten. It makes the chase more interesting. For me." He began to count.

Mowgli turned around and grabbed a stick from the ground.

"You're trying my patience," Shere Khan said. "Nine, ten!" he lunged at the boy, before being pulled down by Baloo.

"Run, Mowgli, run!" Baloo yelled.

Shere Khan spun around and swiped at Baloo, knocked him out. As he turned around, Seika, Max, and PJ jumped in his way.

"We'll deal with him," Seika said, summoning the Keyblade and holding it tightly.

Max pulled out his sword as PJ tightened his gauntlets and slammed his fists together.

The tiger laughed. An black aura began to surround him. "I'll show you why it is unwise not to fear Shere Khan!" He gave a roar and pounced at Seika, knocked him to his back.

PJ charged and knocked the tiger off him, then quickly formed a small bomb and threw it at Shere Khan.

Seika jumped to his feet and swung the Keyblade at the tiger, but he quickly dodged and swiped at Seika.

Max began to run for an attack, and began to slash his sword in a star shape, knocking the tiger away from Seika.

Shere Khan gave another roar and lunged at Max, and as he landed onto the ground, there was an explosion of fire, knocking Max away. He looked at PJ next and did the same towards him with another explosion of fire.

"Hey, kid!" the vultures yelled. They flew down and grabbed Seika's arms and lifted him into the air as Shere Khan approached him. "Now!" the vultures yelled and they dropped Seika on top of the tiger. Seika slammed his Keyblade onto the tiger's head, knocking him down.

"Kid!" one of the other vultures yelled. "Fire is the only thing ol' stripes is afraid of."

As Seika readied himself for another strike, he felt burst of heat run through him. It tingled through his wrist and felt as if it joined with his hand and the hilt of the Keyblade. He put his right hand onto the hilt. He raised the Keyblade and a blast of fire shot out, burning onto Shere Khan's tail.

The vultures began to laugh. "Look behind you, chum," the third one said.

Shere Khan turned his head and noticed the flame. With a screeching roar, the tiger began to run, but the flame stayed. With another roar, he ran as fast as he could into the distance.

"We did it!" Seika yelled. Rain began to fall as the four vultures landed beside him.

"That's the last we'll see of him," one said.

"Yeah, let's go congratulate our friend," said another.

"No, fellas," the fourth said. "Nows not that time for it."

They turned around and saw Mowgli crouched down by Baloo. "Baloo?" he said nervously. He rubbed the bear's neck. There was no response. "Baloo, get up."

Bagheera appeared from the jungle and approached him. "Mowgli, try to understand."

"Bagheera," Mowgli said, tears pouring out of his eyes. "What's the matter with him?"

"You have to be brave," the panther said. "Just like Baloo was."

"You don't mean..." he began to cry harder. "Baloo..."

"Now, now. I know how you feel," Bagheera said, putting his paw on Mowgli's back. "But you must remember, Mowgli, greater love hath no one, than he who lays down the life for his friend. When a great deed is done in the jungle, one may stand above the other. It's best we leave now. Come along, man-cub."

"Hey, don't stop now, Baggy, You're doing great! There's more, lots more!" Baloo stood up.

Bagheera swung around. "Why you big fraud! You four-frauster!" His insults trailed off as Mowgli ran to the bear.

"Baloo, you're all right!" Mowgli said, wrapping his arms around Baloo.

"Who me? Sure I am. Never felt-" he cut himself off as a pain flowed through his head. "better..."

The vultures began to laugh, and Mowgli joined them. "You sure had us worried."

"I was just takin' five," Baloo said. "Just playin' cool.

"Good ol' Papa Bear," Mowgli said as Baloo pulled him up onto his shoulders.

Bagheera gave a sigh, then turned his attention to Seika, Max, and PJ. "Well, I still have a place to take you to," he said, cheering up from his yelling.

"Oh, right," Seika said. "The Keyhole."

Bagheera led them into the forest and back to where the ancient ruins once stood, where they saved Mowgli from King Louie and the monkeys. "There," Bagheera said, pointing to the stone throne that still stood.

Seika squinted to see it. A light burst from the center and formed into the shape of a Keyhole. "That's it?" He summoned the Keyblade back into his hand. On its own, the Keyblade rose, and a beam shot into the Keyhole, and the key turned to its right. The Keyhole vanished with a click, and the light disappeared into the sky.

Baloo and Mowgli joined them and watched as the sparkles of light rose up. "What's going on?" Mowgli asked.

"Our world is safe from the Darkness," Bagheera said. "Thanks to Seika. The new Keybearer."

Seika gave a bashful grin. "I should be thanking you. Thanks to you, that was the first adventure I've been on, and I've made a lot of new friends. I mean, I've never been able to make many friends in my world, except for three, Kenzo, Hana, and Olivia, and they will always be by my side. They're what really helped me defeat the Darkness. And Shere Khan."

"Where are your friends now, then?" Mowgli asked, hopping off Baloo's shoulders.

"I hope still around. I thought I lost them when my world turned to Darkness. But I haven't lost faith yet, and I'm never going to."

"Right," Baloo said. He put his large paws on Mowgli's shoulders. "And remember, you have friends here, too. And we'll never forget each other. All you've gotta do is look for those bare necessities I've told ya about."

"Right," Seika said. He turned to Max and PJ. "Let's go."

"Wait," Mowgli said. He pulled out a small object. It was a small, clay pot about the size of Seika's thumbnail. "Here. I found this in the woods when me and Baloo where trying to catch up with you."

Seika took it and looked at it. There was a small hole on the side.

"It kinda looks like a Keychain," PJ said.

Seika looked at the end of the Keyblade and noticed the chain that hung from the pommel. At the end was Keychain that looked like the King's seal. He unhooked the Keychain and replaced it with the new one. In a burst of light, the appearance of the Keyblade changed and began to form into one that resembled a fruit tree with banana leaves at the end, and the hilt made of peels.

"Now you can use this to remember all of us," Mowgli said.

Seika smiled. "Thank you," he said.

As the three were being absorbed by the Gummi Ships light, an image flowed through their minds.

A woman stood at the front of a class room full of children. By her side was a young boy. He spiked up, black hair and was wearing the school's uniform. "Class, this is our new student."

The boy didn't say anything. He moved closer to the teacher's leg and looked down to the floor.

"Don't be shy, dear. Tell the class your name."

"I'm-" the boy's words trailed off.

Flash

The image changed to the school's playground. The boy sat on a swing and watched as the other kids played. Tears dripped down his cheeks and his grip on the chains tightened.

There was a tapped him on the shoulder. He turned his head and faced a girl looked at him curiously. She had light brown hair that was pulled back into a ponytail and covered with a hat.

The boy couldn't help but blush.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

"Yes, I'm fine," the boy said.

"You don't look fine."

"I am. I really am." More tears dripped down his cheeks.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

The boy didn't answer her.

"My name's-" No sound came out to finish the sentence. "What's your name?"

The boy opened his mouth, but the image vanished in a flash of light.

In the Gummi Ship, Max and PJ looked at exchanged looks, then looked at Seika, who was staring down at his feet. "Was that you, Seika?" PJ asked.

Seika didn't answer. He continued to stare down at his black sneakers. He looked at them and noticed that they were waiting for him to answer. He gave a sigh. "Yes, that was me. That happened ten years ago, when I first started school."

"And that girl," Max said. "Was that the girl you were talking about? Hana?"

Seika only nodded. A tear dripped from his eye.

"Don't worry," Max said, smiling. "She'll be fine. I know she will."

"Yeah," PJ said in agreement. "If she's from you're world, she's gotta be as brave as you are. I mean, you may be timid, but you're probably one of the bravest guys out there."

Seika rubbed the tear away and smiled. "Max. PJ. Thank you," he said. He looked out the cockpit window at the stars that surrounded them. He could see a world coming into view.

The world was too dark to see any features like the last few, but something about it sent a shiver down Seika's spine, and made his heart start beating. The first thing that came visible on it was a large mansion that was surrounded by tombstones.

Last edited:

Negative

No, but you're somewhat close ^^.

Chapter 13: The Haunted Mansion

A chill ran down Seika's spine as they walked through the courtyard of the large mansion. All the plants surrounding it were dead. A crow flew overhead and landed on top of the roof, giving an echoing caw. "What is this place?" Seika muttered.

"I-I don't know," PJ said nervously. "But I really don't like the feeling of it. It's freaking me out."

"Yeah, me too," Max agreed.

The three slowly moved down the dirt road that led to the front door. The front gate creaked in the wind before slamming closed. Seika swung around and ran to it and tried to pull it back open. "It won't open!" he said. "It's stuck!"

Max gave a nervous laugh. "I guess we're stuck in here."

Seika took a step away from the gate and charged back at it, hoping that ramming it would open it. Nothing happened except for him flying back a few feet away from the rebound.

"C'mon, Seika," Max said. "It won't be that bad."

Seika pulled himself back up and the three began to approach the mansion. As they climbed up the stone steps, PJ stopped and tilted his head to the side. He walked around to the side and put his hands on the fence. "You guys, check it out."

Seika and Max walked to the fence and stared in awe at a large graveyard that covered the property until it vanished into the misty distance. "Woah," Max said smoothly.

"A-a cemetery?" Seika said. Fear overwhelmed him. "This mansion has a cemetery?"

Rain began to drip from the sky. "Ah great," Max said looking up. He and PJ began to run back to the front of the mansion to take cover.

Seika turned to follow, but froze as he heard something in the distance give a shrieking howl. His heart leapt and he spun around, his hand out ready to summon the Keyblade. There was nothing except the growing mist. He tugged at his bracelet nervously and began to walk back to the front without taking his eyes away from the mist.

PJ gave a knock on the door when Seika reached them. There was no response from the inside. As he raised his fist to knock again, the door creaked open, revealing a dark hall. The three stepped inside and as they did, the door slammed shut. Seika looked down the hall carefully and noticed a man approaching them. With each flash of lightning from outside, he appeared, then quickly vanished into the shadows. He stopped a few feet in front of them and studied them carefully.

His appearance made Seika's skin crawl. He wore a dark blue suit with a black bow on his chest, giving him the appearance of a butler. His face looked much like a skull with skin wrapped tightly around it, giving dark shadows around his eyes and cheeks. White hair stood up around the side of his head.

"You must be Seika. My name is Ramsley," he said, rolling the the first letter of his name. He had a dark, haunting voice. He looked at Max and PJ. "And you two, his companions, I presume. His majesty sent me a message of your arrival." He gave a cough to clear his throat. "My apologies for my rudeness. I am Ramsley, the butler of this mansion. My master, Master Edward Gracey, has been waiting for the time of your arrival ever since. He's been wanting to meet the Keybearer for sometime." He coughed into his fist. "My master wishes to discuss his affairs over dinner."

He led the way down the dark hallway at a slow pace.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Aw, you like The Haunted Mansion!?!? If you like The Haunted Mansion, then you should check out madammina's fanfic "Here Comes the Bride". It's a mix of Kingdom Hearts and The Haunted Mansion; it's a really good story. Anyway, great update again, and I look forward to more.

Negative

Sounds interesting. I'll consider reading it soon.

Chapter 14: The Evers Family

Seika looked around the dark halls as the followed the old butler. Several coats of armor stood near the walls with shields and weapons behind them. The soon approached a large door at the end of the hall, that slowly opened to their arrival, revealing a large dining room.

At the long table in the center of the room was a family of people, a man, a woman, and two children, a boy and a girl. Each stared at the three with odd expressions.

Seika, Max, and PJ approached the table and sat down on the opposite side from the family. Ramsley walked to one end. "The master will be with you shortly," he said darkly, and he walked away.

The three sat awkwardly at the table with the family still watching them. Breaking the silence, the woman said, "Have you ever seen a fireplace that amazing?" She made a gesture to the fireplace behind them. "This place is incredible. I've never seen any place like it."

Lightning flashed. "Haven't you," said a man standing by the window. "My grandfather spared no expense when he built this mansion."

The man that sat opposite of Seika stood up and fixed his grey suit. "Well your grandfather had really good taste," he said, with a smile on his face. He held out a hand. "I'm Jim Evers of Evers and Evers Real Estate, glad to make your acquaintance, sir."

The man nodded. "Very good. I'm Mr. Gracey."

Jim chuckled, his hand still extended, but Gracey only nodded again. He looked over his shoulder nervously. "This is my wife, Sara," he said. The woman stood and approached them.

"It's very nice to meet you, Mr. Gracey," she said. The man nodded again, this time more slowly. "This is our daughter, Megan, and our son Michael." Jim gave a gesture to the two children at the table. The two jumped up and walked to them.

"You have very beautiful children, Ms. Evers," Gracey said. He glanced over to the table and at Seika, Max, and PJ. "You three must of been sent by his Majesty, I presume. I've been longing to meet a master of the Keyblade."

Max and PJ jumped to their feet and raised their hands in a salute. Seika jumped up and did the same a moment later, not realizing what was happening.

Before any of the three could state their names, Ramsley reappeared. "You may take your seats now," he said. He pulled out the chairs for each of them once again.

As Mr. Gracey took his seat, he said, "How do you think of the house, Ms. Evers?"

"I think it's absolutely incredible," she responded as a maid began to pour a ladle of soup into her bowl. "You never see houses like this, at least I don't."

Mr. Gracey smiled widely. "Great care and love went into building this mansion."

Jim looked from his wife to Mr. Gracey awkwardly.

"This house is my inheritance," Mr. Grace said. "But lately, it's become too much to bare." He looked up at Jim, then to Seika, Max, and PJ, who were eating hungrily. "Tell me, Mr. Evers, do you believe in ghosts?"

"Ghosts?" he said. "Sure I believe in ghosts."

Mr. Gracey turned to Seika. "And you?"

Seika looked down at his hands, then quickly to the bracelet on his wrist. "I used to, but I stopped a few years ago."

"The storm has swollen the river," Ramsley said, staring out the window into the dark night.

"What's that?" Jim asked.

"The storm has flooded the road. I'm afraid there will be no leaving the mansion tonight."

Megan and Michael looked at each other, then to their parents. "What?" Megan asked.

"Of course, you are all more than welcome to spend the night here," Mr. Gracey said as Ramsley walked to his side. He stood up and made his way for the stairs. "Ramsley will show you to your rooms."

Ramsley gave a dark look to his master and took branched candlestick from the table and followed his master up the stairs into the dark hallways above. He stopped at the first door and opened it. "I believe the children will be comfortable in this room." He let the children say their goodnights to their parents before closing the door and continuing down the hallway. He stopped at the next door. "I hope you and the madam will find this room to your liking," he said as he opened the door for the couple.

"Yeah, it's great," Jim said. "It'll be like spending the night in a fine hotel."

Ramsley closed the door and continued his way down the hallway to the last room. The last room room was smaller than the other two. There was only one bed, and on the floor was a mattress and against the wall was an old couch. "This belonged to one of the servants several years ago," he said. Without saying anything else, he shut the door.

Seika looked at the old bed. "I guys we'll be here for a while until it's safe to get back to the ship, so I guess we should just make the best of it. I'll take the mattress on the floor," he said. "You guys can have the other two."

"No, Seika," PJ said. "You should take the bed."

"Yeah," Max agreed. "You deserve it more."

"No, I'm fine with sleeping on the floor," Seika said. "Really."

The two shrugged. "Fine, suit yourself," Max said. Another flash of lightning struck outside.

Rubbing his left wrist, Seika said, "I'm going to take a look around."

"You sure?" Max said. "This place really gives me the creeps, and I really don't trust the Ramsley guy."

"Yeah, I'm sure," Seika said. "I just need to walk somethings off, you know?"

Max nodded. "Okay, but if something happens, give us some kind of signal."

Seika nodded and walked out of the room, letting the door creak closed behind him.

"You just had to come," Sara Evers said angrily to her husband.

"Excuse me," Jim said. "This is a big opportunity for all of us."

"Not for us, for you. The only thing you seem to care about anymore is work."

"But it doesn't matter if I work hard like this as long as I bring you expensive gifts like this, right?" he said sarcastically, pointing to the pearl bracelet on her wrist.

Sara shook her head and pulled the bracelet off and walked away, tossing it onto a desk.

Jim began to walk after her. "Sara. I didn't mean to say that, c'mon. Sara?" The door closed in front of him. "I'm sorry about that, open up, please?" He gave a sigh and began to turn around, but jumped back when he was face to face with Ramsley. "Woah! You scared me."

"The master was wondering if he might have a word with you in the library?"

"A word?" Jim asked. "Sure, I'll have a word."

"Yes," Ramsley said. He turned around and began to walk to the door. "If you will follow me."

Jim turned around and said, "Hey, Sara? I'm going to go have a word with Mr. Gracey. I'll be back in a minute." The door closed behind him.

Moments later, they entered the large room that was the library. Ramsley walked ahead. "Would you care for a drink, sir, while you're waiting?"

"Don't mind if I do," Jim said. "Thank you, Ramsley." He studied the room, until a large portrait of Mr. Gracey caught his eye. "Wow! Now that's class. That's what I need to do over at my place, get a big picture of myself to put on the living room wall. It puts a touch of elegance to the room."

"Yes, sir," Ramsley responded. "Very elegant." He handed Jim a small glass.

He took a sip. "So, Ramsley. How long have you been a butler?"

"A long time," Ramsley said darkly. "Mr. Evers, may I confide in you?"

"Please do."

"The master is not well. He must leave this house, Mr. Evers, he must move on. It is of the gravest importance, I assure you, for I fear the very worst."

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
So, is this from the Disney movie "The Haunted Mansion"? I never saw that movie, so I really wouldn't know. This version is different from madammina's fanfic; her story takes place in the past and mostly deals with the Black Widow Bride, Constance Hatchaway. Like I said, I really don't know anything about the Haunted Mansion. Anyway, great update, and I look forward to more.

Negative

Yeah, mine' is mainly based off of the movie. Hers would be based off of the ride, then, wouldn't it?

Chapter 15: The Gypsy in the Ball

Seika walked down the dark hallway. He held his kemp bracelet tightly in his hand. Thoughts flowed through his mind of Kenzo and Olivia. And thoughts of Hana. His grip tightened on the bracelet until the four black beads were squeezed in between his fingers. 'Why did this have to happen to me?' he thought. 'Out of anyone. Anyone! Why me?' He pulled the bracelet back on his wrist.

From the corner of his eye, he saw something moving. He turned around and saw a maid walk down the hallway at a quick pace. He began to walk after her. "Excuse me," he said.

The maid froze and quickly looked over her shoulder, then began to run.

Seika began to run too. "Excuse me, I have something to ask you-?" A door under him dropped open, and he began to fall down a chute, before slamming onto his back on the floor.

Mr. Evers walked around the library, admiring its beauty and elegance. He sat at the desk and looked at the objects that were on it. He knocked the small glass on the floor. He bent over to try to clean it up, and as he raised himself back up, he hit the small bust on the desk, bending it's head over.

A bookcase began to slide, revealing a hidden staircase. "Interesting," he said to himself. Curious, he made his way to the staircase. As he walked up the steps, the bookcase slammed closed. "Hey! Hey!" he yelled, slamming his hands on the wood. "Open this back up! Ramsley! Open up!"

There was no response.

There was a knock on the door. PJ quickly answered it, hoping that it was Seika, but it wasn't. The girl, Megan, stood there. "Mr. Gracey said that you were sent here by a king?"

Max approached the door. "Yeah, we're two of his guards."

She studied the two of them. "Well, there's something I think you should come see."

The two looked at each other and followed her to her room.

Her brother, Michael, stood behind the bed, staring a glowing ball of light that floated in the center of the room. At his sister's arrival, he ran to hide behind her.

"Woah," Max said. "What do you suppose it is?"

"A Heartless?" PJ whispered so only Max could hear.

"No, I don't think so. I think it might be some sort of spirit."

"It's a ghost ball?" Michael asked.

The light began to move towards the door.

"I think it wants us to follow it," Megan said.

Michael grabbed her arm. "I think you're crazy."

She shook him off and made her way to the door. Max and PJ followed. Michael looked around the room uneasily and grabbed his backpack from the bed and ran after them. "Megan, wait up!"

Seika rubbed the back of his head as he studied the new surroundings. He was in another hallway. A green light glowed from the end, and a chanting echoed all around. He slowly walked to the light. "E-excuse me," he said nervously. "I-I fell down here from the top floor, and now I have no idea where I am. I-I just wanted to ask for some help or directions-"

"I'm am Madame Leota," the voice cut him off when he entered the room. In the center of the room was a table with a crystal sitting on top. A woman's face turned around to face him. "Seer of All, Hoist to the Spirits. Whom do you seek?"

A chair flew behind him and knocked him on top. It pushed Seika close to the table so he couldn't get out. "Hey!" he yelled. "Let me go!"

"Silence!" the face yelled. "Whom do you seek?"

"I want to get out of here!" Seika yelled. "I want to get out of this room! I want to get out of this mansion! I just want to be back home!"

"There is great evil in this house," she said. "A devil's curse. It wishes to destroy you. It can sense the light that is in your heart, Keybearer. The butler sides with the Darkness. But there is another one. A creature lurks outside the mansion that wishes to devour your heart."

Seika's heart leapt. 'A Ghost? A Hearteater?'

The woman closed her eyes and began to chant. "Dark spirits from the grave, come forth. Lift us from the black, and show us. Show us our way back. Lift us! Lift us, up to the light! And lead us through this stormy night!" All the objects in the room began to rise and spin around the table. The woman continued to chant as several instruments began to play around them. "Your life is in stake, Keybearer! Your friends are in stake! Go! Save us from this evil! Release us! Release us all!" The woman began to laugh maniacally as Seika and the table dropped to the ground.

Seika jumped to his feet and began to run out of the room as fast as he could, with the possessed instruments chasing after him. He turned down several hallways until he was convinced he escaped from them. Their sounds still echoed through the halls. He continued to run, until he slammed into Mr. Jim Evers, knocking both of them down.

Jim stood up and dusted his suit. He looked down at Seika. "Hey kid, why don't you watch where you're going."

Seika pulled himself up. "I'm sorry. I got lost and took a wrong turn. It will never happen again."

"Be sure it won't," Jim said.

"I'm Seika," he said. He held out his hand.

Jim looked down at it with dissatisfaction. "Mr. Evers," he said dryly. "Do you have any idea where we are?"

"Somewhere under the mansion is my guess," Seika said. He began to walk down the hall, with Mr. Evers close behind him. He stopped for a moment and looked around. "Look out!" he yelled, and he pulled him out of the way as a ball of blue fire flew past and exploded.

"What was that?" Mr. Evers shouted. His voice was shaken.

Seika looked around again. Six creatures began to move towards them from the shadows. They had long arms and legs with long nails to match. Bandages covered their bodies, except for one eye and their torso. On the center of their torso was a black heart with a red X through it.

"Heartless?" Seika said. He swung his hand out and in a burst of light, the Keyblade appeared.

Mr. Evers looked around. "A weapon! I need a weapon!"

Seika looked around the walls and noticed a coat of arms hanging with two rapiers behind it. "There!" he said.

Mr. Evers pulled out a rapier and swung it around before readying himself to fight.

Seika looked at him, then nodded, and the two prepared to fight the ambush of Heartless.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
There's a Haunted Mansion ride?!?! I did not know that. I should really watch this movie, or at least read about it; I really don't know what it is about. So, the butler is on the side of darkness? It would be really creepy if he turned into a heartless. Anyway, great job again, and I look forward to more.

Negative

Yeah, the Haunted Mansion was originally a ride. I've never been on it, unfortunately. I may go on the one in Disney World when I go next year, that is if I don't chicken out. xD

Chapter 16: The Mansion's Curse

The Heartless lunged at Seika and Mr. Evers with their arms stretched out. Seika knocked one away and blocked another that attempted to claw at him. Another jumped at him and began to swing its arms wildly, cutting into Seika's back.

The Heartless was quickly destroyed as Mr. Evers swung the rapier. "You can thank me later," he said.

Seika thought for a moment as another of the Heartless began to spin its arms. "I have an idea," he said. He used the Keyblade to block the attack and as the Heartless's arms rose up from rebound, Seika grabbed them and began to spin. He let go and let it fly across the hall, slamming into two others.

"Nice one, kid," Mr. Evers said. The two focused on the last two Heartless.

"There's something else that I want to try," Seika said. He remembered the spell he used in the Tiger Jungles, against Shere Khan. He closed his eyes, but instead of feeling heat, he felt a cold breeze blow through him. He felt as if he were covered with goosebumps. He opened his eyes and forced all his power into his Keyblade. A burst of ice shot from the end. The Heartless flew to the ground as the the bits of ice exploded on contact and they faded into darkness, releasing the captive hearts.

Mr. Evers gave a sigh and lowered the weapon, panting a bit. "What where those things?" he asked.

"They're called Heartless," Seika responded. "They're created from the darkness in one's heart, and once their destroyed, they release their captive heart."

"Crazy," Mr. Evers said. "It sounds like something from some kind of horror movie."

Seika gave a laugh. "That's what I thought at first too."

"Well, let's look for away out of here. I need to find my kids and my wife."

Seika nodded. "Yeah. I really don't like the feeling of this place."

Max, PJ, Megan, and Michael continued to follow the spirit until they reached the mansion's attic. The spirit stopped at a large portrait of a woman. "Mom?" Megan said.

"What are you doing here? You're not suppose to be up here," a man said behind them. The four swung around to see an old servant. "This is unspeakable! You have to leave!"

"Who is that?" Megan asked, gesturing to the painting.

That's none of your business, that's who," the man said. "Now get out of here, it's way passed your bed time."

"Her name was Elizabeth," a woman said quickly. From behind the man, a maid came, holding a tray of cookies. "Are any of you kids hungry? Does anybody want a cookie?" Each of them took one from the tray.

"Cookies?" the man said angrily. "They're trespassers! Trespassers don't get cookies! This is none of their concern!"

"It is their concern," the woman said. "They're involved!" The two froze and looked around the room. "Hide," she whispered. She pulled the four behind a large wardrobe, then spun around.

Out from the shadows came the old butler, Ramsley. "The children, nor that fool king's guards, are in their rooms. Have you seen them?"

"Children?" the maid asked. "What children?"

"What children?" Ramsley repeated. He looked down at the tray of cookies that was set on the table. Four were missing. "Her children. The children she wasn't suppose to bring. Along with the brainless husband of hers. If I had to listen to another word from that insufferable fool, I think I would of burst. Did I not tell her to come alone?" He turned to leave. "If you find them, bring them to me. The final arrangements have been made. Nothing further will interfere with the master's plan." He vanished into the shadows.

Mr. Evers opened a green door and he and Seika quickly entered, hoping to leave the dark halls behind.

"Dad!" a girl shouted. Megan and Michael were standing on the top of the steps.

"Michael! Megan!" he said. He ran frantically up the stairs. "Are you alright?"

"We're fine," Megan responded.

"C'mon, get your things," Mr. Evers said. "Let's get out of here!"

"But dad, we have a problem," Michael said.

"It's okay, we're just going to get a little wet. Let's just find you mom and go."

"I'm afraid that's not possible," the man said. "She can't leave."

"And why not," Mr. Evers said impatiently.

The man vanished and reappeared behind him. "Because she can't. If I could tell you I would, but I can't so I won't. Okay?"

Mr. Evers was speechless. He turned his attention back to his kids. "Daddy's having hallucinations. Let's go right now."

"They're ghosts, dad," Michael said.

"They're not ghosts. We're just having hallucinations from that dinner that we ate. It didn't taste right." Seika nodded in agreement.

"Hey!" the maid screamed. She vanished and reappeared in front of him. "It wasn't the dinner!"

"All right, all right, it wasn't the dinner," Mr. Evers said. "But we're still getting out of here."

"But dad we have to help them!" Megan said.

"No we can't," Mr. Evers said. "The dead are beyond help, that's the nature of being dead."

"That man's talking sense," the old servant said. "Everyone should just keep their noses in their own business."

"But dad," Megan said. "We have to help them break the curse."

"Curse? What curse?" Mr. Evers said.

Seika jumped when we remembered the woman in the crystal ball. "The curse! The one that woman said. Madame Leota."

"He knows the gypsy!" the maid said. "We've got to go back to see her!"

Everyone began to rush out of the room. Max and PJ came running down the stairs to greet their friend.

"I'm not going back down there," Mr. Evers said. "Those crazy Heartless creatures were crawling around everywhere."

"But mom's in trouble," Megan said.

Mr. Evers froze. "What kind of trouble?"

Megan pulled her dad back up the stairs and showed him the portrait of the woman, Elizabeth. He stared at it, studying every detail of the woman who looked just like his wife.

Ramsley approached a large mirror that stood in the center of the dark room. A green flame burst onto it and from it appeared a woman draped in a black robe. Maleficent.

He cleared his throat before speaking. "The boy is nowhere to be found. I sent a group of Heartless after him, but they were all destroyed."

"I was expecting as much from the new Keybearer," she said. "Does he know of the Keyhole?"

"No would suspect not," Ramsley responded.

"I see," Maleficent said. Her raven flew into view and landed on the green stone at the end of her staff. She stroked it's back as it cawed. "How much longer will it take you until you rid that mansion of your master?"

"I seem to have a few obstacles in the way, but it will be soon," Ramsley said. There was a howl from outside the mansion. "And we seem to have another guest trespassing on our mansion. A spy of Strider, it seems."

"Get rid of it," Maleficent said. "I don't want any interruptions in this process."

A smile appeared on Ramsley's face. "Maybe that boy could be of some use for us after all," he said. From the shadows behind him came a large spider. On its abdomen was the black heart with a red X symbol of the Heartless. Giving a hisss, the spider vanished back into the darkness. Ramsley turned to leave.

Maleficent gave a slight laugh. "Don't let yourself stay in the shadows for too long, or else you will be destroyed much like another of my followers."

"No need for you to worry about me, my dear," Ramsley said. "I'm dead, after all."

"Let me get this straight," Mr. Evers said to Madame Leota. "The guy is dead and is trying to get with my wife?"

"Pretty much," the servant said.

"Oh, Madame Leota," the maid said. "Is it her? Is she truly our dear departed Elizabeth come back to us?"

"It is true," the gypsy said. "She walks these halls. But do not be deceived. Not all things are as they appear. For the curse to be lifted, the truth must be known. And for the truth to be known, you must find the key in the tomb under the great dead oak and travel down deep into the ground and find the black crypt that bares no name, or soon your fate will be the same."

"Okay," Max said. "But couldn't the Keyblade be used instead?"

"The key that is needed is protected by dark magic," Madame Leota said. "A spell is cast on it and the lock. Only that key can open the lock."

Seika put a hand in the pocket of his jacket and felt the small pot given to him by Mowgli. 'It's like a keychain. I just attach it to its chain and it will change.'

"So what you're saying is if we find this key," Mr. Evers began. "We can just walk out of here like nothing ever happened?"

"The key is the answer to all," the gypsy said.

"Okay, but how do we get out of here?" PJ asked.

Everyone nodded in agreement. "Yeah, how do we get out of here?" Mr. Evers said.

"Well," the old servant said dramatically. There was a large grin on his face. "There's always my way."

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Oh, thanks for the info on the ride. I would love to go to Disney World one day and ride it, just to see what it is all about. So, Maleficent is working with Ramsley? If she's involved, then they got a lot of work to do. One question though. are Maleficent and Strider working together? i was asking because at the beginning of the story it seemed that they were. Oh well, I'm sure you'll bring it up in the future. Great job again, and I look forward to more.

Negative

There will be a reason why Maleficent is with Strider, but it will be revealed later in the story.

Chapter 17: Shadows of the Night

The wall of the mansion burst open as a carriage drawn by a skeleton of a horse flew out and landed on the ground with a loud thud.

"Are you sure you should of left your kids in that mansion?" Max asked. "I mean, with Ramsley and the Heartless and all."

"They'll be fine," Mr. Evers said. "Megan can watch out for the both of them, and I doubt Ramsley would try to do anything to them for now. As long as they stay hidden."

They soon entered the large cemetery behind the mansion. Several ghosts stood, doing what they would of been if they were still alive.

"Why are these ghosts still here?" Seika asked the old servant.

"They couldn't find the Light," the maid responded.

"So now they're doomed to walk the Earth for al eternity," the servant said.

Seika slumped back down and looked back out at the ghosts.

The carriage soon came to a stop and the four hopped out. For several minutes they wondered through the graveyard, searching for the tomb. "Great," Mr. Evers said, looking around.

"I think the gypsy said to go left out of nowhere," Max said.

"I glad she was so specific," Mr. Evers said sarcastically. He stopped for a moment and listened. "Do you hear that?"

There was singing coming from the distance. "Yeah, I hear it," Seika said. The made their way towards the singing. Four busts of men sat on four pillars, singing to themselves.

"Excuse me," Mr. Evers said. "Do you know where the mausoleum is?" The busts ignored him and continued to their singing. "Look, you guys sound really nice, but I'm trying to save my wife-" They cut him off with another song. He gave a sigh. "Great," he said.

There was a howl, and from behind the tombstones came a large creature. It resembled a large wolf with bright yellow eyes and a hunched back, and a long tongue hung from its mouth. Across its chest were two stitches. It gave another howl.

"A Hearteater!" Seika said. "Just like that one at the port!"

Each of them pulled out their weapons as the creature ran at them with great speed. Seika blocked the attack with the Keyblade.

PJ tossed a bomb toward the wolf-like creature and exploded with a burst of fire. The creature gave a howl as it flew into the air. It flipped itself and began to spin, letting a dark aura cover it in a spiral shape. It flew towards PJ and rammed into his stomach.

Max pulled out a green capsule and tossed it to PJ, who's wounds were quickly healed when it made contact.

The Ghost turned its attention to Max, its yellow glowing eyes stared at him for a moment. It began to run at him and swiped him with its large claws.

"Max!" Seika yelled.

"I'm fine," he responded with a grunt. His grip tightened on his sword and began to thrash at the creature.

Mr. Evers watched the three as the fought the creature. He looked down at the rapier in his hand and nodded to himself. He lunged at the Ghost and stabbed at it several times, missing a few and piercing through the creature's chest twice.

Giving a growl, the creature lunged into the air and was covered in the black aura. It began to spin again, this time towards Mr. Evers.

Thinking quickly, Seika loosened his grip on the Keyblade, moved his foot back, and threw it at the Ghost, knocking it away. He caught it as it returned.

The creature began to stand back up, but stopped. Its yellow eyes widened and it gave a piercing howl. The stitches on its chest began to open up. As its body began to collapse, a golden heart rose out and vanished. Its now limp body was lying spread on the ground like a sheet.

"Is it dead?" Mr. Evers asked, poking body with the rapier.

"Yeah," Seika said.

"Hey, look," PJ said. "There's the mausoleum." He ran towards a stone building. Seika, Max, and Mr. Evers followed. As they walked up the steps, flames rose from two torches that sat beside the door. Mr. Evers studied the large, stone door and pulled it open and took one of the torches. He led the way down the steps that went deep into the darkness below.

"The gypsy said to look for a crypt with no name," Max said. "A black crypt."

"There," Seika said when the reached the bottom of the stairs. Across a bridge was an ebony black coffin. The four ran across the bridge and Seika and Max pushed the lid off, giving an echoing crash as it fell to the ground. Inside was a skeleton holding a small key.

Mr. Evers looked at the dead body with disgust. Turning his head away, he reached in and pulled the key out from the bone hands. After wiping his hands on his suit, he said, "That was easy."

As they turned to leave, there was another loud crash. The four turned around to see a giant, black spider. On its large abdomen was the emblem of the Heartless. Raising its small head up, it gave an echoing hiss. The coffins all around the room began to creek open, and hopping out came several of the bandaged-covered Heartless.

"Not another one," Mr. Evers said, tucking the key into his pocket.

Seika gulped as he stared at the Heartless. The Keyblade appeared into his hand. "Why a spider?" he muttered. 'I hate spiders!'

Several of the bandaged Heartless lunged at them, but were quickly destroyed by one of PJ's bombs. "We'll take these guys," he said. "Seika, Mr. Evers, you two take the spider."

Seika tightened his grip on the Keyblade. The fiery feeling came back to him. 'Nows the time to over come this fear,' he thought to himself. He raised the Keyblade and aim at the spider. "Fire!" he yelled. the blast of fire shot from the end at struck the spider. It gave a roar of pain.

"Nice one," Mr. Evers said.

Seika grinned, then he and Mr. Evers ran at the spider, slashing at it with their weapons.

The spider hissed and shot a thick string from its mouth. Seika dodged and threw his Keyblade at it and let it spin back to him. The spider roared at him. "Mr. Evers, the torch!"

Mr. Evers looked down at the torch and grinned. "Take this!" he yelled, and he threw the torch at the giant Heartless.

The Heartless roared in pain as it began to burn. As it collapsed, its captive heart rose from its body.

"Alright!" Seika said. He looked around, noticing all the other Heartless were destroyed. "Do you still have the key, Mr. Evers?"

Mr. Evers pulled the key from his pocket and grinned. "The name's Jim."

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
So, Maleficent is working with Strider. I thought they were; I wonder what their evil plan is. Question, what is the difference between a Heartless and a Hearteater? I'm not sure if you mentioned that before or not. Also, when are you going to bring up the mysterious man that was with Gekko again? I would just really like to know who he is. Anyway, great job again, and I look forward to more.

Negative

I'm actually still working out on the Hearteater thing. I've been constantly changing things about them since I've started the fanfic. As for the mysterious man, he will come up soon.

Chapter 18: 1000 Ghosts

"Okay, we have the key," Jim said, holding the key up to Madame Leota. Seika, Max, and PJ watched from behind him. "Now where's the way out of here?"

"First you must find the trunk," she responded.

"Trunk? Not door?" Jim said. "The key is the answer to all, remember?"

"Look, I don't make the rules, okay," she said to him. "I just work here."

"Okay, that's it," Jim said angrily. He tucked the key back into his pocket and picked up the crystal ball.

"What are you doing?" she screamed as they left the room. "This is bad luck! Very bad luck!"

They made their way back up to the attic and began to search for the chest. "Is that it?" Max asked, pointing to a large black chest.

"That's it," Madame Leota replied.

The four approached it. Jim handed the crystal ball to Seika as he pulled the key out from his pocket and slid it into the lock. With a click, the chest popped open. Jim began searching through. "How do I know what to look for? This thing is full of junk."

"Find the thing that must be read," the gypsy said.

Jim continued to look until he found a red envelope. "Hey, there's a letter here." He quickly opened it and pulled out a small piece of parchment. "Yes my dear-heart, I will marry you," he read. "I will love you for all eternity, and tonight, at last, we will be together. I do. Forever yours, Elizabeth."

"She didn't kill herself," the maid said as she appeared behind them.

The servant appeared next to her. "She wanted to be with him."

"Then someone must of given him a different letter," Seika said.

"Yes," everyone spun around. Ramsley stood in the shadows at the end of the room. "Well done. I must say I'm impressed."

"You did it?" Jim said. "You've got to be kidding me."

Ramsley ignored him and glared at the servant and maid. "I'll deal with you two later." With a gasp, the two vanished into a puff of smoke.

"Why'd you kill her?" Jim asked.

"My master did not listen to reason," Ramsley said darkly. "He had everything in the world and he was willing to throw it all away for love. I did tell him that it would end badly."

"We won't let you get away for that," Seika shouted. He felt the flame burn inside him again. "You killed the one he loved most. We'll tell your master what really happened."

"That master must never know," Ramsley continued. "Edward and his love will be reunited and this curse will be broken."

"But that's not her," Jim said. "That's my wife!"

"And what she sees in you, I'll never know. But that is of little importance, now. What I do know is that the master's pain will end. And it will end tonight. The curse will be broken, and we can all finally move on."

"She can't be married to him," Jim said. "He's dead and she's not."

"That can be easily corrected," Ramsley said with a smirk. "Life, I'm afraid, is such a delicate state."

"Look, if you put one finger on my wife, I swear, I will kill you!" Jim said, and he threw a punch at Ramsley's head, but flew through him.

"How wonderful," he laughed. "You're going to kill a ghost."

"Leave him alone," Seika said. He, Max, and PJ readied their weapons.

Ramsley laughed again. "I was given strict orders from Maleficent herself to destroy the three of you."

"Maleficent?" Max said. "You're following Maleficent."

Seika gave a shout of anger. "Where is she? Tell me!"

"I'm afraid she's no longer here. She is off to another world, the ruins of her old castle of Hollow Bastion."

Seika tightened his grip on the Keyblade and slashed at him. The Keyblade only went through him.

"I'm afraid to say that you are wasting your time. Not only are going to loose your wife, Mr. Evers, but your children as well."

"My kids?" Jim said. "Where are they?"

They are waiting for you in the basement. But they aren't in the best of situations. Now I must be off or I might be late for the wedding. I bid you good day, gentlemen." With one last smirk, Ramsley vanished.

Jim punched the wooden floor. "What are we going to do?" PJ asked.

Taking a deep breath, Jim said, "First we are going to save my kids. Then we're going to stop the wedding and finish Ramsley once and for all. Then, we get out of here."

Sara slowly walked down the aisle towards the stairs, where Edward Gracey was waiting. She was wearing a white wedding dress that Ramsley forced her into. Tears were dripping down her face. Ramsley was close behind behind his master.

"Don't worry, sir," he said. There was a smirk on his face. "Tears of joy." With a nervous nod, Gracey went to Sara and stood by her side as the wedding began. "Dearly beloved. We are gathered together here to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony."

Seika, Jim, Max, and PJ ran through the halls until they were in the main entrance of the mansion. A large chest hung from the ceiling. Screams from Michael and Megan came from inside. "Dad! Dad!"

Before the four started for them, the suits of armor that stood against the walls of the hall jerked awake. The visors on their helms slid open, revealing black faces and glowing yellow eyes. They began to step closer.

PJ created a bomb and tossed it at three of the suits. With that chance, Seika, Max, and Jim ran at them and slashed at them. The armor collapsed and black wisps of smoke escaped from inside. They turned their attention to the other three. Seika raised the Keyblade and shot a burst of fire at one while Max charged at it, swinging his sword wildly. PJ tossed another bomb at the other two as Jim lunged at them and stabbed them with his rapier. The last of the armor collapsed and three more black wisps flew out, leaving the armor empty.

Jim ran to the hanging chest. "Don't worry, kids," he said searching around in hope for an easier way to get it down. "I'll get you out."

PJ ran over to him and grabbed the chain. He gave a strained grunt and tore the chain apart. He gently lowered the chest and ripped the top off, freeing the children.

Seika and Max joined them, and the six looked towards the door to the dining room, where they could hear the voice of Ramsley.

"From this day forward," Ramsley said. He began to pour a powder into a goblet of wine. "You will be joined as one for all eternity, until the very end of time." He handed it to Sara, who looked at it nervously. She accepted it and slowly raised it to her lips. "If anyone has any objections-"

The door burst open and Jim, Seika, Max, PJ, and the two kids ran in. "Yeah, I got a few objections!" Jim yelled.

Sara dropped the goblet and ran to her husband. The two grabbed each other in a hug.

"Get away from her," Gracey growled. He stepped down the stairs. "I lost her once, I won't let it happen again."

"This is not Elizabeth," Jim said. "Ramsley, tell him the truth!"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Ramsley said, not moving from his spot.

"So now you have amnesia, huh?" Jim responded. "Elizabeth didn't kill herself. He did! He's been lying to you all along."

Gracey continued to approach him. "I'm warning you, sir." He drew out a rapier of his own. "Get away! My patience is wearing thin. Elizabeth, please. Come on."

"I'm not Elizabeth," Sara said, her face still red with tears.

"Her name is Sara," Jim said.

"Ramsley wants you to think it's Elizabeth so your curse is lifted," Seika added. "He wants the curse to be lifted so he can be one with the Darkness. He's been working for the witch Maleficent the whole time."

"If you want to kill me, then kill me," Jim said. "But before you go stabbing anyone, you better read this." He pulled out the letter from the trunk. "This is Elizabeth's letter. The real letter, the one Ramsley stole. You never saw it."

Gracey snatched the letter from Jim's hand and began reading. He gasped. "What's the meaning of this?" he asked Ramsley. "It's written in her hand!"

"Yeah," Jim said. "Explain that, Ramsley!"

Ramsley looked around nervously. He closed his eyes and sighed. "Your union was unacceptable. I tried to warn you, but you wouldn't listen."

"So you killed her," Gracey said.

"I told you it would be a mistake to be with that girl."

"But I loved her! Was love my mistake?"

"Yes!" Ramsley yelled. "I tried to protect you. All this years I sacrificed for you. But what would you understand of sacrifice, duty, or honor? You loved her? Curse. Curse you all!"

Lightning flashed. All a flames vanished on the candles. The windows burst open and in flew hundreds of dark wisps of smoke that began to surround Ramsley. Dark spirits. Screams filled the room.

Seika's grip tightened, and he, Max, and PJ ran in front of Gracey with their weapons ready. Jim joined them. He turned his head to Gracey and said, "Get my wife and kids out of here. We can take care of him."

Gracey nodded and did what Jim said, but the door out wouldn't open. A barrier surrounded Seika, Max, PJ, and Jim, trapping them with Ramsley.

Ramsley gave a laugh. "You fools." He raised his hand and shot a ball of black fire at them. The four of them jumped out of the way as it crashed next to them. He turned his attention to Jim and began to fire a barrage of black fire at him.

Seika dodged one of the dark spirits and watched Ramsley. He moved his foot back and threw the Keyblade at him. Ramsley vanished in a puff of smoke as it flew through him.

"Missed," he reappeared behind Seika and raised a hand. Three more dark spirits flew at him. He dodged the first two, but the third slammed him in the chest. Ramsley grinned and began to close in on him. He began to raise a hand. The black fire began to surround it.

There was an explosion, and Ramsley flew in to the air. PJ ran to Seika's aide and helped him up.

With a nod of thanks, Seika began to slash at Ramsley as he dropped back down.

Again, Ramsley vanished and reappeared in front of Seika. Grabbing him by the throat, Ramsley began to rise from the ground until he was at least thirty feet from the ground. Seika struggled to free himself, but the grip was too tight. "Goodbye," he said darkly, and he dropped Seika.

He slammed onto his back with a thud. Pain ran through his body, but quickly vanished as Max tossed a green orb to him. He jumped back to his feet and looked around for Ramsley. He was firing more of the black fire at PJ and Jim.

PJ's eyes flashed. He grabbed Jim's shoulder and pulled him behind. PJ clapped his hands together and a barrier appeared around the two, reflecting the attack into multiple directions.

"Seika," Max said. "Now's out chance!" Seika and Max charged at Ramsley and slashed at him again.

Ramsley gave a roar of anger and began to rise back into the air. A black aura surrounded him. He raised his hands high and released several spirits. The spirits shrieked and flew around the room, then aimed for PJ. The barrier shattered, causing PJ to fly back and slam onto the ground unconscious.

Seika stared at his fallen friend, then turned his attention to Ramsley. The chill ran down his back, and energy burst into him. He used it to his advantage. He raised the Keyblade at Ramsley and yelled. "Freeze!" A shard of ice shot from the end and flew at him. It exploded at contact, and Ramsley dropped to the ground. 'Time to finish this,' Seika thought. He ran at the butler and jumped in the air. He dropped down and slashed Ramsley.

Ramsley gave a shout of pain and jumped into the air. His eyes went pale as he used his power to summon more of the dark spirits. A flame burst into the fireplace and the floor split open. The flame grew until it was in the form of a snake and moved around the room. A tongue slid out of its mouth and wrapped around Ramsley, who began to scream as he was pulled down towards the fireplace.

He grabbed Jim's leg and began to drag him down, but Jim grabbed the edge of the tile.

Seika ran to him and grabbed his hand. Max woke PJ up and the two ran to their friend and grabbed him as well.

Ramsley finally released Jim as he was pulled down below the ground. Jim flew out and landed beside the three who helped him.

He quickly stood up and dusted off his suit. He looked up and gasped as his wife collapsed. "Sara!" he said and he ran to her with Seika, Max, and PJ not far behind. "Sara, wake up!" he said. He held her in his arms. "Open your eyes." There was no response.

A blue wisp dropped down from the ceiling and made its way towards them.

"Hey!" Jim said at it. "Leave us alone!"

Megan looked at it carefully. "It's alright, dad."

The wisp continued to get closer until it reached Sara. It went inside her and the body rose several feet and stood straight. She gave a smile. A light burst from above into a single column.

"Elizabeth, is that you?" Gracey said, walking closer.

"Yes, my love," she said. "The truth had to be known for me to be released. They saved me." She nodded at Jim, Seika, Max, and PJ.

Gracey smiled and said, "Oh, Elizabeth. I've waited so long for this moment."

"And now only Heaven awaits," she said. She dropped to the ground slowly and walked to her husband and Jim.

"Sara?" Jim said. With one last smile, Sara's body dropped into Jim's arms. Her eyes slowly began to open. Jim gave a sigh of relief and the two hugged. When they released, Jim turned to Gracey.

"Could you ever forgive me?" he asked.

Jim grinned. "What's there to forgive?" he asked. "You loved her."

Gracey smiled again and in a puff of smoke, several papers appeared in his hand. He handed them over to Jim.

"What's this?" he asked.

"The deed to the house," Gracey replied. "It's yours. Do with it what you will. Sell it, keep it. Do whatever keeps you and your family happy." He turned to Seika and handed him a blue stone. Green blotches lay around it. "I have had this for many years. I don't know quite what it is, but I have a feeling it belongs with you, Keybearer. If it doesn't become any use to you, I'm sure you can sell it for a fortune." He walked over to the column of light, where the spirit of Elizabeth stood waiting. He took her hand. "Thank you," he said as they began to rise in the light. "Thank you all so much." Then, they were gone.

"Wait for us!" The maid came running through the doors with the servant not far behind, carrying several handbags.They ran into the light and began to rise as well. "Goodbye!" they yelled as they rose. "Thanks for everything!"

The Evers family waved as they vanished into the light. Seika stared at the light until the Keyblade reappeared into his hand. It shook violently, then a beam shot out and struck the column. The black Keyhole appeared, then with a click, it vanished, along with the column of light.

"What was that?" Jim asked.

"The world's Keyhole," Seika replied. "This world is now free of Heartless for good."

"So, I guess you all will be leaving then?" he asked. Seika, Max, and PJ nodded. "Then I guess you should take this. You know, as a memory." He pulled the key from the tomb from his coat pocket and gave it to Seika. "Good luck," he said.

Seika, Max, and PJ waved goodbye to the family as they were taken by the Gummi Ship's light. And again, an image shot through their mind.

The boy with the black hair was still on the swing, but he looked about a year older. He was staring down at his hands shyly. An older boy approached him. He, too, was dressed in their school uniform. He had dark brown hair that was neatly combed behind his ears and down his neck. A large crowd of children were following behind him.

"You that new kid, aren't you?" he asked.

The black haired boy trembled a bit. "Y-yes," he said weakly. He was afraid.

"I heard that you've been getting the highest grades in your class," the older boy said, crossing his arms. "Is that true?"

The black haired boy nodded weakly.

With a grin, the older boy grabbed the black haired boy's collar and held him up against the swings' bar. "No one takes my spotlight. Got it, punk?" He spat underneath him. The black haired boy kicked wildly, in attempt to be freed. "And just so you learn," he raised a fist, but before he released a punch, a marble flew and hit the older boy in the back of the head.

Another boy approached him. His image was blurred. "Leave him alone," he said. "He did nothing to you, what is the point in hurting him?"

The older boy gritted his teeth. The first word he said was silent. "-you want to defend this kid?"

The other boy didn't answer.

With a grunt, the older boy let go and dropped the black haired boy onto the gravel. "Fine," he said. "But now you are one of him, and will never be one of us."

"Whatever," the other boy said.

With one last glare, the older boy turned around and began to walk away. The was a burst of light, and the image faded away.

Seika put a hand to his head. A pain burned through. 'Why am I remembering these things?' he roared in his mind. 'Why? Why? Why?' He pounded the armrest on his seat.

Max and PJ looked from him, to each other, then back again. "Seika, are you alright?"

Seika realized what he was doing and opened an eye. "Yeah," he said softly. "I'm fine."

He felt a surge of energy flow through his body as if something in his pocket shocked him. He jumped and stuck a hand into his jacket pocket. All that was in there was the blue stone. Again, he jumped.

'Seika!' he heard two voices yell. 'Seika!'

He dropped it back into his pocket. "Maybe we should go to Radiant Gardens. Merlin might know what this thing is, right?"

"That's right," PJ said. "Merlin knows everything."

With a nod in agreement, the three began to fly back to the city.

Maleficent sat in her throne. She and her three followers watched as the image in the center of the room burst into flames, then vanish, bringing darkness back into the room.

Pete stood at her side. He gave an echoing laugh. "Well that showed him. That stupid butler didn't last long at all against the Keybearer."

A grin appeared on Maleficent's face. "Indeed. Though his mind was in the darkness, his heart was very confused on what to do. Turn to darkness, or stay with his master."

The throne where Ramsley sat burst into a green flame. As the flames vanished, a new throne appeared in its place. Another appeared beside the woman with the large, fur coat.

"New guests?" she asked.

"In a manor of speaking," Maleficent replied. Footsteps echoed into the room and a bipedal lion appeared.

He wore a large red robe with large, white puffs surrounding his wrist cuffs and the edges. A large, golden crown sat on his head and was supported by his ears. "King John, the King of England, at your service, milady," he said, and he took a deep bow.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Hooray, they defeated Ramsley!!! Why is Seika having flashbacks? Are they just memories or something that goes deeper? I guess time will tell. I take it the gem is a summon gem. Wonder who the summons are. I also take it the the next world may either be Bedknobs and Broomsticks or 101 Dalmations. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until your next update. Great job again.

Negative

Yep, it is. I spent all day working on Chapter 19, so here it is. I couldn't think of anything to do to give it a good finishing line, so I just left it with the way it is.

Chapter 19: The Other Side

Seika looked around when he, Max, and PJ were beamed down to Radiant Gardens from the Gummi Ship. Nothing looked familiar. Nothing at all.

"Are you sure you beamed us in the right place?" Max asked PJ.

"I thought so," PJ responded. "Maybe something in the ship just messed up or something."

Seika studied the surroundings as Max and PJ argued. They were in a canyon with the same purple and blue stones from in the city surrounded them. He saw something in the distance. "Hey, guys," he said. "There was a castle in the city, wasn't there?"

"Yeah," Max replied. "That huge one in the center."

Seika pointed to the distance. "I see a castle over there. Could it be the same one?"

Max and PJ both looked to where he was pointing. "No, that can't be it," Max said. "There were more parts to it, weren't there?" PJ shrugged.

Seika began walking in the direction towards it. 'Is something pulling me to it?' he asked himself. 'I feel kind of strange.' "I think we should check it out," he said, partially to himself. Before either of his friends could respond, he began to run. The two looked at each other and ran after him.

Time past quickly when the made it out of the canyon and onto a large cliff. Seika stood in awe when the castle sat only a few miles ahead of them. Max and PJ caught up to him and tried to catch their breath.

It wasn't the castle from the city. It was much bigger. Golden pipe-like towers stuck up into the air from the center, the largest and tallest from the middle of them. Surrounding the castle was a moat of crystal that reflected the light of the peach-colored sky. But what was most peculiar about the castle was the large emblem of the Heartless sitting in center of the wall.

PJ gulped. "Let's go back," he said quickly. "This is something we need to report to the King.

Seika had a vacant look on his face. "No," he muttered, putting a hand on his chest. He came to and turned around. "There's something in there calling me."

"What if it's Gekko?" Max asked. "Or Strider, or Maleficent. We can't risk it, Seika. We need to tell the King about this place. He'll take care of it."

Seika ignored him and began to hop down the purple and blue stones until he reached the bottom of the cliff. He approached the crystal moat and looked down at it. His reflection stared back at him.

He took a step onto the crystal. Everything around him froze. The last thing he heard were the voices of Max and PJ shouting out his name. He watched as the world turned upside down with only him and the crystal staying in place. He turned to look at Max and PJ, who remained on the cliff, frozen in their last positions as if statues. Seika ran to them. "Max. PJ." He raised a hand to touch Max's shoulder. He felt the air pulse, and, as if hit by a blast of energy, Seika flew back several feet and slammed back onto the crystal ground. He rolled onto his stomach and looked down at the castle that was now below him. He stood to his feet and approached the gates that stood before him.

The first room was large. Two sets of stairs circled the room and ran to an upper level of the castle. Above them was a balcony that over looked the room. On the ground was a large rug with the Heartless emblem in the center. Though it looked dark, there were no shadows on the ground.

Seika's heart began to beat. 'I'm in the enemy's castle.' he thought to himself. He shuttered and made his way up the carpeted stairs. The next room was a long hallway. Torches hung from the walls, their flames danced slowly and dully. As he walked down the hallway, he heard the first sound since he touched the crystal. "I-it sounds," he muttered to himself. "It sounds like water."

A light shined as he entered the next room. He shielded them with his hand. As his eyes became use to the light, he noticed where the sounds were coming from. Waterfalls surrounded the room. But the water wasn't falling, it was rising. Seika looked around. He felt as if he were back outside. The walls and ceiling looked like the orange and pink skies of Radiant Gardens. Clouds drifted around. Another staircase wrapped around the walls, giving the look of it going to the heavens.

A walkway ran around the sides of the room and rusted rails stood on its outside, blocking off the center where the water was. Seika ran to the the rail and stared down. It dropped down for what looked like a mile. He took small steps towards the stairs, without taking his eyes away from the water.

When he made it to the stairs, there was a screeching sound, and four red dragon-like creatures appeared, each bearing the Heatless emblem on their chests. Seika looked at each of them nervously. In a burst of light, the Keyblade appeared in his hand.

One flew at him with its jaws opened wide. Seika jumped out of the way and slashed at it with his Keyblade. It faded back into darkness, releasing its captive heart. He readied himself for the next three. The next two flew at him and began to kick at him with their large claws. He raised the Keyblade to block one of them, but the other knocked him down. The Keyblade flew out of his hands and slid across the floor.

Seika rolled out of the way as the third Heartless flew at him and struggled to get towards the Keyblade. He grabbed it and destroyed another just as it began to fly towards him. And then next was destroyed, leaving only one.

The last flew around the room, keeping its distance away from the Keybearer. Seika took a deep breath and raised the Key, aiming at the flying Heartless. "Fire!" he yelled. Nothing happened. He shook the Keyblade and yelled it again. "Fire! Fire!" Still nothing. "Blizzard!" He stared at the end of it. "My magic isn't working?" he muttered, his voice shaken. The Heartless gave another screech as it closed in on him and rammed into his chest.

Seika slammed into the wall and dropped to his knees. He tightened his grip on the Keyblade and slashed at the Heartless, destroying it once and for all. He rubbed the wound on his chest as the Keyblade vanished. With one last look around the large room, he made his way up the stairs, and all was silent again.

The stairs led to a stone spiral stairway. Seika guessed that he was in one of the towers now. He stayed close to the wall, not daring to look to see how high he was. A chill ran down his spine as he made it to the top. Stain-glassed windows covered the room's walls, reflecting their colors onto the stone tiled floors.

Seika's head began to pulse, and he dropped to his knees with a hand on the side of his head. Images of the stain-glass pillars flashed through his mind. The images of them. The three people on the first pillar and the three behind them. The three knights. Then, the white haired boy. Seika gritted his teeth as his head throbbed. Then-

"Seika?" a voice asked. Seika looked up, and a jolt of shock jumped into him. It was Kenzo.

"Kenzo? Is it really you?" he asked.

"Of course it's me," he said. "Who else would it be?"

Seika stood up and grabbed his friend's shoulders. "It is you!" he said. A large smile grew on his face. "I've been looking for you!"

"Why?" he asked. "You didn't have to."

"I know, but-" Before Seika could finish, a group of Heartless appeared. They had dark blue skin and a large helmet covered most of their heads, except for the face. Red claws stuck out from their hands.

"Heartless," Kenzo said. "Let me take care of them."

Seika grinned and summoned the Keyblade. Kenzo stared at it with great interest. "I can handle them," he said.

As the Heartless leapt, Seika slashed at them, destroying each one quickly until only one was left. It jumped at Kenzo with its red claws out. Kenzo grinned and dodged quickly. With one quick punch, the Heartless was destroyed.

Kenzo turned and looked at the Keyblade. "So," he began. "What is that weapon you got there?"

"Uh...It's called the Keyblade," he said.

Kenzo snagged it from his hands, and began to study it. "Crazy, and what does it do?"

In a flash of light, the Keyblade vanished from Kenzo's hands and returned to Seika. "I still don't understand it myself," he said. An idea sparked into Seika's head, and he quickly changed the subject. "You can come with us!"

Kenzo's head perked up. "What?"

"See, I met these two guys, Max and PJ. We've been going around worlds and sealing them from the Darkness. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you came along too."

Kenzo didn't say anything.

Seika laughed. "Right, I forgot. We need to find a way out of this castle first." He began to make his way back down the stairs with Kenzo slowly following behind.

When he made it back to the room with the rising falls, Kenzo froze and began to shake.

Seika turned and ran to his friend's side. "Kenzo, are you alright?"

Kenzo raised a hand to his mouth and coughed. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine."

"C'mon, then," Seika said. "We're almost there." He turned back to the doorway to the hall, but stopped as a barrier appeared, blocking his way out.

"Those two friends," Kenzo began. "You made new friends? You were trying to replace us?"

Seika turned back to him. "What?" he cried, his voice echoed throughout the room. "Why would you say that. Of course I'm not trying to replace you. They were helping me look for you!"

"Liar!" Kenzo shouted. "You wanted to replace us. You gave up hope for us! For me! For Hana! You just assumed that we all just faded away with the darkness of our world!"

"No," Seika muttered. He looked down. "It's not true. I would never do that!"

"Your words mean nothing! You wouldn't of cared, Seika! You should just go back to your little friends outside. You can just go back to your little journey traveling the worlds. Leave me and the rest of us out of it. I'll take care of Hana."

Seika's hands rolled into fists. "Do you even remember the past ten years? We were best friends. You were the first friend I had! Don't you remember? The summers we spent together? Going to school together? Any of that?"

Kenzo's expression stayed the same. He held out a hand, and a ball of energy appeared. "I'm telling you one last time, Seika. Get out here!"

The Keyblade appeared in Seika's hand. "I'm not quitting until you, Olivia, Hana, and I are back in the Falcon Plains!"

Kenzo shot the ball of energy at Seika. He blocked the attack and reflected it back at him. Kenzo dodged it and fired more. Seika dodged each one and ran at Kenzo.

Kenzo dodged each of Seika's slashes. He jumped out of the way and held up both hands. A dark aura surrounded his hands, and in a flash, a sword formed. He lunged at Seika

Seika held up the Keyblade and blocked the attack. "Kenzo, why are you doing this?" he asked.

Kenzo jumped back. "Because I'm sick of you!" He charged back at him and slashed rapidly. Seika slid across the ground, one hand on his stomach where he was slashed.

He used the Keyblade as a crutch to help him back to his feet.

Why do you keep trying?" Kenzo said. "Just stay down!"

"Because," Seika said. "You're my friend!" He pulled the Keyblade back up and ran at Kenzo. Their two weapons slammed into each other. The sound of the two weapons colliding echoed around the room. With all of his strength, Seika knocked Kenzo's weapon in the air, and slammed the Keyblade into the side for his head.

Kenzo dropped the ground. He began wheezing and gasping for air. Something began crumbling from his face. Seika ran to him and crouched down. He put a hand on his friend's shoulder, but Kenzo slapped it away.

A dark mask broke off his face, and with a gasp, Kenzo covered it with his arm. Seika was able to notice his eyes changing to a golden color, but before he could see what else was changing, Kenzo stood up and began to run. The wall opened, creating a new path, and quickly closed when he ran through.

"Kenzo!" Seika yelled, but it was too late. Seika let the Keyblade drop from his hand and vanish. A tear began to slide down his cheek. 'What happened to him?' he asked himself. 'What's going on?'

He began to slowly make his way back to the entrance. As he stepped out of the castle, he stared at the frozen Max and PJ. More tears dripped down his face. He sat down onto the cold crystal and let the tears drip. He pulled his bracelet off his wrist and gripped it tightly. "Hana, don't give up hope. I will find you."

There was a burst of light, and the world began to turn back around. Seika's eyes blinked quickly, and Max and PJ were standing in front of him. He realized that he wasn't sitting like he though, but lying on his back.

"What happened?" Seika mumbled as he sat up.

"We have no idea," PJ said. "When you stepped on the crystal, you collapsed and just now woke up."

"How long was I out?" Seika asked.

"About ten minutes," Max replied.

Seika put a hand on his aching head. He looked up at the castle. "What is that place?" Seika muttered.

"Don't worry about it," Max said. "C'mon, we still need to go see the King."

"Right," Seika said, and he jumped to his feet. The three began to make their way back up the cliffs and to the city of Radiant Gardens.

The man stood against the wall, his hand supported him up. His breathing grew heavy. Sweat dripped from his tanned face.

Gekko appeared from the shadows of the room. "Well, well. Back so soon?"

The man turned to him, wiping the sweat from his forehead. "I'm fearing that my time here is running short. Not even this realm that's so close to the Darkness can keep me around." He coughed. "Did you find the world of the Hearteaters?"

Gekko grinned and leaned against the wall. "I found it, but it's almost impossible to get through. There's some sort of barrier surrounding it. It looked just like a big cloud."

The man thought for a moment. "Could it be possible that Strider is using the Forgotten Worlds as a defense?" he muttered.

Gekko's head perked up with interest. "The Forgotten Worlds, you say?"

"Yes," the man said. "Four worlds that were turned to Darkness so many years ago, and can now never be turned back."

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
It's Robin Hood.

You know, now that you mention it, it is Robin Hood. Thanks for the correction, madammina; I have no idea why I thought of Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Now, back to the story. So, the mysterious man is messing with Seika now? Who is he and what is his agenda? He sounds an awful lot like Riku, but I don't think that even Riku would ever be that mean. And what are the Forgotten Worlds? I wonder what four worlds they are. Hopefully you'll bring them up soon. Anyway, great job again, and I look forward to more.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
There was a lion like Prince John in Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

I'm intrigued by the replay of the Hollow Bastion events. It was almost word for word (I think)

(Phantom Manor???? PLEASE??? You have no idea what it is, right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back