• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rules and Exceptions in Kingdom Hearts.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

[size=+6]RULES AND EXCEPTIONS
IN KINGDOM HEARTS[/size]
wccwcde.jpg

[size=+2]-INTRODUCTION-[/size]
This is what happens when I get bored. So, I made a thread regarding the 'Rules' of Kingdom Hearts along with the exceptions to these rules. I've paired each with a YouTube video just to make this all the more fun. :3 So, let's get started.

[size=+2]RULE #1[/size]

[size=+1]THERE IS DARKNESS WITHIN EVERY HEART[/size]
ABOUT THE RULE:
-Early on in the Kingdom Heart Series we learn the basic rule that Darkness rests within every heart. No heart goes without having both Darkness and Light within it as they come hand in hand. We believe that to be the case until....

THE EXCEPTION:
-The Princesses of Heart/Beings with Hearts of Pure Light are seven beings which have been stated to have absolutely no Darkness within their hearts. Their hearts are filled with nothing but Pure Light, being the sole contradiction to the first rule.

[size=+2]RULE #2[/size]

[size=+1]WHEN ONE LOSES THEIR HEART, IT GOES THROUGH
THE TRANSFORMATION OF BECOMING A FULL-FLEDGED HEARTLESS[/size]
ABOUT THE RULE:
-It is stated throughout the game that when someone loses their heart (their heart is separated from their body), they go through the process of being transformed into a Heartless.

THE EXCEPTIONS:
Xehanort's Heartless (Ansem Seeker of Darkness)
-In the Ansem Reports, Xehanort attests that when he casted off his body, his heart never went through the transformation of becoming a full-fledged Heartless, yet still maintained that he believed himself to be a Heartless - just one different from the others.

Riku
-In Kingdom Hearts, when Xehanort takes over Riku's body and pushes his heart out - and sends it to the Dark Realm - Riku's heart should have turned into a Heartless, but Mickey remarked that Riku had defeated the darkness, and as such, his heart maintained it's state.

Princesses of Heart/Beings with Hearts of Pure Light
-With no darkness in their hearts, it is impossible for a Heartless to be made. When their hearts are separated from their bodies, they maintain themselves in a state of suspension.

[size=+2]RULE #3[/size]

[size=+1]A NOBODY IS CREATED FROM THE LEFTOVER
BODY AND SOUL OF THEIR SOMEBODY[/size]
ABOUT THE RULE:
-When someone with a strong heart becomes a Heartless, the leftover body and soul are reborn in the in-between realm as a Nobody.

THE EXCEPTION:
-Naminé was born from Kairi's heart and Sora's Body and Soul. With no darkness in her heart, when Kairi's heart left her body on Destiny Islands a heartless couldn't have been created, and as such, her body remained in the Realm of Light. Her heart moved on to Sora, and when Sora turned the Keyblade on himself and released both his and Kairi's heart, Sora's body casted off. This resulted in the creation of two Nobodies, Naminé and Roxas. Nami technically being made from Kairi's heart leaving Sora's casted off body, the body and soul she used to be created didn't belong to her somebody.

[size=+2]RULE #4[/size]

[size=+1]YOU NEED A STRONG HEART
TO WIELD THE KEYBLADE[/size]
ABOUT THE RULE:
-It has been said many times that, in order to wield the Keyblade, one must posses a strong heart.

THE EXCEPTIONS:
Roxas and Xion
-Being Nobodies, Roxas and Xion posses no heart. Yet, they are able to wield the Keyblade. Roxas is able to wield the Keyblade because he is Sora's Nobody. The reason as to why Xion can has not been identified yet, though one could assume it is because she too may be the Nobody of a Keyblade Wielder.

[size=+2]RULE #5[/size]

[size=+1]A NOBODY RETAINS MEMORIES
OF ITS TIME AS A HUMAN[/size]
ABOUT THE RULE:
-When a Nobody is created, they retain their memories of their time as a human being. They have all of their memories, and can recall them with ease. Memories being very important to a Nobody, they use their memories to shape bits of emotions and personality.

THE EXCEPTIONS:
Roxas
-Due to Sora's short time as a Heartless, Roxas awoke with no memories of his former self.

Naminé
-Due to the odd circumstances in which she was created, she too possess no memories of her former self.

Xion
-It is unknown as to how Xion was created, but it has been identified many times that she too, holds no memories of her former self.

[size=+2]RULE #6[/size]

[size=+1]MEMORIES ARE STORED WITHIN THE HEART[/size]
ABOUT THE RULE:
-Throughout Chain of Memories, it is stated that memories are stored within the heart, in a sort of chain that surrounds it.

THE EXCEPTIONS:
-Nobodies have no heart, being nothing but empty shells. Yet, the majority of them retain their memories of their times as humans, and are able to process and store new memories. While the exact way in which they keep have access to their memories hasn't been identified, it is believed to be an exception to the rule.

THE EXCEPTION TO THE EXCEPTION:
-In Chain of Memories, Vexen hints that Roxas' Memories are stored in the other side of Sora's Heart. Whether or not he was being factual in saying this, or if it is only the case with Roxas - being a Special Nobody - has yet to be seen or elaborated on. But, if this is the case with every Nobody, there is no exception to the rule.

[size=+2]RULE #7[/size]

[size=+1]WHEN A CAPTIVE HEART IS FREED FROM THE HEARTLESS,
IT REJOINS WITH ITS ONCE EXTINGUISHED BODY[/size]
ABOUT THE RULE:
-When a heart is freed from a Heartless, the heart rejoins with its once extinguished body on whatever world it was on, making the person complete once more.

THE EXCEPTIONS:
Kingdom Hearts - The Heart of All Men
-In Kingdom Hearts II, there was the Organization's man-made Kingdom Hearts (known as The Heart of All Men). When a heart was freed from a Heartless, instead of rejoining with its once extinguished body, it was sent to the Organization's Kingdom Hearts instead.

Nobodies
-In the rare case that the body had turned into a Nobody, the heart would have no container to return to, and would resort into a state of suspension. If the Nobody were to then be defeated, the heart could rejoin with the body once more.

[size=+2]RULE #8[/size]

[size=+1]WHEN ONE BECOME A HEARTLESS,
THEY LOSE THEIR SENSE OF SELF[/size]
ABOUT THE RULE:
-When someone is turned into a Heartless, they lose all sense of will and sense. They lose their memories and emotions and only work on instincts.

THE EXCEPTIONS:
Xehanort's Heartless
-Xehanort's Heartless, while not a normal Heartless, managed to maintain his sense of will and self, as well as all of his memories and emotions, even after becoming a Heartless.

Sora
-When Sora turned the Keyblade on himself and became a Heartless, he managed to keep his sense of self. Ansem believed this was because Sora became a heartless willingly and on his own accord.

[size=+2]RULE #9[/size]

[size=+1]THE KEYBLADE CHOOSES ITS MASTER[/size]
ABOUT THE RULE:
-In the first Kingdom Hearts, Yuffie explains to Sora that the Keyblade chooses its master, and that it chose him.

THE EXCEPTION:
-Riku has been identified by Nomura as "a chosen Wielder". It has since been revealed that Terra chose Riku to be the next Keyblade Master, therefore being an exception to the rule that the Keyblade chooses its own master.

[size=+2]-FEEDBACK-[/size]
So, post any feedback, comments, etc. If you have any other Rules to suggest, please do so in the comments! And yes, i know this is all known information (duh) so please don't even bother bringing it up. Thanks. <3

Last edited:

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
You must have been really bored R-K, but this is nice. I was hoping to see another of your "Knowledge of KH" and here it is. I love it. :D

A

Audo

lol thaaaaaaaaanks.
And yes, i do get reaaaally bored.
And i fixed the logo/banner so that it doesnt stretch the page as well, so bonus,

any rules I might have missed?

Cissy

Bronze Member
Oh d'awww, it seems only yesterday that you made the Everything threads.

So nostalgic.

Anyways, lovely work m'dear. This should sort out a lot of questions people ask on a regular basis, mm-hmm.

Bloodgift

How about it?
You are amazing! Simply amazing! Nice work, I am gonna watch this again!

A

Audo

as much as i like this, everyone it now a genius.
Come again? o___O;;

Oh d'awww, it seems only yesterday that you made the Everything threads.

So nostalgic.

Anyways, lovely work m'dear. This should sort out a lot of questions people ask on a regular basis, mm-hmm.
:p Nostalgic. *sigh*
That reminds me that i still need to update those. ;-;

Cissy

Bronze Member
Well if you get this motivated by boredom, remind me to never entertain you. Ever.

dahem kh & ff

good work audo

i made atheory of this what if a nobody kills his heartless he regains his memories

maybe the org killed thier heartlesses and had back thier memo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back