• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Suffering From Depression/Suicidal Thoughts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
**NOTE: Please don't flame, or give crap-ass advice. Either give advice, or go away. Simple as that.

Today, I was having a talk with my parents. I've missed a bit of school this year (about 9 days), and I missed the school bus. Taking the city bus, I arrived late (the bus driver was slow), and we began talking.

They told me that they had a secret meeting with my teacher, and that she had suggested, because I've apparently missed so much school, I should consider re-doing Grade 7. Naturally, this came as a shock, and a dent in my pride. But, APPARENTLY, my mom stuck up for me, saying "Give him a second chance."

Now, they are coming to me and seriously asking me about re-doing Grade 7. Of course, I objected, and then, they began talking about last year. Last year for me was bad; I don't like to talk about it, nor do I like people bringing it up.

Well, last year, I missed about 67.5 days of school, if memory serves correct. I just. . . skipped. I didn't feel like going, so I didn't. Which is what started me downhill, again, APPARENTLY.

Mixing that in with me becoming a teenager (mood swings added in), plus my brother picking on me every single day (hardcore; hitting, calling me a geek, stealing money from me, ect.), has lead me into extreme depression. I am seriously considering committing suicide, and, well, I don't really want to, but, I'm beginning to feel as though there is no alternative.

Now, before I begin seeing "LOL EMO RIET HUR" posted, I'm not an emo. I'm just extremely depressed right now, and I'm really, really hurt. I'm starting to spend more time in my room then I should; to escape everything.

The reason I posted this here, is because all the advice I'm given from people in real life isn't exactly that great. KHI generally seems helpful, so I'm hoping that someone can tell me something to help me.

Thanks, for reading this, and if you do, posting some help.

Agoraphobia

beautiful days
Awards
Derek, I'm in the same position kinda, really, I see no more point in living, all my parents do is nag me to hell and put so much damn pressure on me and its stressing me out extremely, I've been failing school etc..

But, I don't want someone like you to do this, your a great friend, and I'm going to help the best I can.

Ok, about missing some days, try and get some more sleep, go to bed a bit earlier and get more sleep, you'll feel a lot better and you wont miss the bus a lot.

If they try making you repeat Seventh grade, stand up for yourself, PROVE to them you don't need to repeat or any crap like that. Study more, get better grades and show those teachers you don't need to repeat.

Tell them that's all in the past, and its not the past anymore, its now, tell them you can change. Don't skip, I've been down that road, and its not a good one.

About your brother, tell your parents about what he's doing, or, simply stand up for yourself and pretty much show him the fist to the face and tell him to stop being an ass to you and back off.

I really hope I helped. Please reconsider doing this Derek, you have a lot to live for at a young age, don't let these obstacles in life stand in your way.

Shadukai X

Banned
Mixing that in with me becoming a teenager (mood swings added in), plus my brother picking on me every single day (hardcore; hitting, calling me a geek, stealing money from me, ect.), has lead me into extreme depression. I am seriously considering committing suicide, and, well, I don't really want to, but, I'm beginning to feel as though there is no alternative.

. I'm just extremely depressed right now, and I'm really, really hurt. I'm starting to spend more time in my room then I should; to escape everything.

Okay, basically I had a similar problem like ou, I didn't want to go to school, hell, nobody does, its just a part of life that everyone has to deal with.

Look, everyone has thoughts of suicide, I've had them too. Life is too great to be tossed away, its taking the easy way out of problems, you are too stroing of a person to do that. Great things are meant to happen to you. Consider this time as a little obsticle on your journey of life.

Keeping to yourself can help sometimes, it helps stress a little...But don't dwell on your pain. It can be healed easily. ..It just needs time.

On the issue with your brother, you absolutley MUST talk to it about your parents, They need to know that he is seriously making you depressed, tell them how you feel. Say firmly that you want him to stop. Communication is key.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
dude, don't do it. everyone has they're ups and downs but it will get better later in life, trust me. you have so much to live for and committing suicide doesn't solve anything. if fact, you will being hurting the people around you so much, its not even funny. recently, this kid i used to know committed suicide and you would not believe how much this has hurt them. the best thing to do is to let your family know how you feel. let them know that you are depressed. my suggestion with school is to go anyways. yeah, ik it sucks but if you try hard, you can get away from this mess at home and go to a college where you can be by yourself. do they offer you summer school if you've missed so many days? thats what they do where i live if you don't want to repeat. like i said, tell people how you feel and have your friends and family help you along the way. you can change your life at this moment and everything that makes you upset now will go away. don't commit suicide, there is just so much to live for.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
About your brother, tell your parents about what he's doing, or, simply stand up for yourself and pretty much show him the fist to the face and tell him to stop being an ass to you and back off.

First off, thanks the three of you whom just posted.

Secondly. . .

I've tried the "Fist To Face" before with my brother, when I was 10.

I didn't get up after he was done. I think you know what that means.

DanceWaterDance

Ha-loo-sa-gen-a-shun
With Hannibal Lector, of course. The Good Doctor a
Website
www.myspace.com
Depression is horrible. I understand completely.

In my Sophmore year, I was having a lot of problems with my family (that I wont get into, as to the fact that this is about you and not me). The point is, I missed a lot of school. I missed enough days, and finally got to the point where I couldn't go to school and manage to get through the day. My mother put me into a Homebound program for the rest of that semester. You could really try checking into that, as to the fact that it's a lighter workload, and a lot easier to cope with.

Suicide really won't solve anything :( I understand, because I also contemplated that. I came so close so many times, but I realized that things were going to get better, and regardless as to how it seems right now, I promise that it will eventually get better.

I know I seem to keep suggesting this, but honestly you could talk to a councilor. Talking helps, so if you can't convince your parents to take you to a councilor, you need to find a friend that you really trust, or maybe even someone on the forums. You just need to find someone to talk to.

And as to your brother, that is an issue that you need to bring up with your parents. They REALLY need to do something about that.

I hope this has helped, and feel free to PM me or if you have MSN or Yahoo messenger, message me.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
Quick note, to those whom say I should bring the "brother" subject to my parents. . .

I've tried dozen's of times. He even underwent counseling(sp?), and still, he hasn't changed. He hurts me the most. . .

Anyways, thank you for that suggestion, DWD. I will take a good look into that.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
First off, thanks the three of you whom just posted.

Secondly. . .

I've tried the "Fist To Face" before with my brother, when I was 10.

I didn't get up after he was done. I think you know what that means.

don't worry about your brother. don't fight with him because that will just make things worse. if you can, try to talk it out with him and if he doesn't listen or understand you, just try and avoid him and such. how old is he? if he's maybe a senior in college he will be gone soon. don't worry, most teenagers feel like you right now, but later in life you'll think to yourself "why would i ever consider committing suicide". i suggest that you start making changes at school and try your hardest. i have faith that you can live a good life with little suffering (because we all have to suffer). trust me, life gets better.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
Suprisingly, my brother is 14, but he looks 17. He's tall, big, muscley(sp?), and an idiot. Basically, your average Grade 10.

So. . . yeah. Remember, I'm only 12. Plus, I'm skinny as hell, and I'm not very strong. Avoiding him is also hard. . .

Agoraphobia

beautiful days
Awards
Damn...Well, you seriously need to tell your brother to lay off of you and to stfu. I wish I could be there to help stand up to him for you.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
Well, he has a lotta problems too. . .

He's technically a "half-brother". Same mom, different dads. I think that's his fueling. . .

And his dad would beat me mom, and be mean to her.

And he seems to be turning out the same way, only toward me, his *half* younger brother.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
^^^if there are problems at home, you need to find a time when you can talk to your mom and let her know how you feel. maybe your mom will see that you are tired of this and maybe your mom could work this out with your step-dad. someone said seeing your guidance counselor. i recommend you talk to yours and also let him know how you feel.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
*NOTE: He isn't my step-dad. I should've explained this more clearly. . .

He USED to be my mom's husband, but she divorced with him. And married my dad. And had me.

Anyways, he's had medication before, but it didn't really help the situation. . .

D

Desert Jesus

Here, jesus will share a bit of his godly advice with you...

To be perfectly honest, skipping class will **** you up. If you analyze your problems, and I know you're capable of doing so, you will see that you have been the major cause of each problem.

Skipping school - That's a no-no. Going to school is your job, and if you don't devote your earlier years to atleast showing up to class and half-assedly paying attention, then you're only hurting yourself in the long run. Don't feel isolated, thouh. Hundreds upon thousands of people go through this exact same dilemma. You're a human being, and you have flaws. Woop-d-doo, what else is new?

Parents, though caring and loving, exaggerate their feelings. Consantly. It is human instinct for a mother to worry too much, and it is common for a father to look into the future. This is what it seems like your parents are doing ~ exaggerating, looking to make your life perfect. Trust me, 9 days missed will not screw you over grade-wise that damn bad...if at all. =/

Lastly, suicide... Have you the knowledge and wisdom to fully comprehend the magnitude of that word? If you end your life, you will end everything that encompasses it - including the good things. With suicide, you extinguish any love, friendship, or joy that you'd experience in the future; and you will. You have one life. No reincarnation, no revival. One life to experience the beauty of the complexity of human flaws, which ironically makes us perfect, if you see it that way. Suicide is not the answer; it is something the weak would go through with, and you're not weak? Are you? I don't think so. You may say you are, because your brother picks on you, but it's a load of bullshit and you know it.

You've no idea how simple it is to just...smile. Keep your head up high, keep your eyes straight out in front of you. By doing this, you've shown yourself and others that you are an individual whose inner-strength far surpasses those who worry what others think of them. Keep yourself determined. People were built to be strong; they only weaken themselves.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
Thank you everyone.

I'm seriously thinking about what you all said, and trying not to be depressed. When my brother and parents get home, I'll tell them how I feel.

Again, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back