• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Gargoyles was in talks for Kingdom Hearts in the past

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Last year at MomoCon 2015 in Atlanta, Georgia, there was a special retrospective panel held for Disney's Gargoyles where co-creator & producer Greg Weisman (The Spectacular Spider-ManYoung Justice) and Keith David, the voice of Goliath, gave an in-depth discussion about the popular 1990s animated series and also answered questions from fans who attended the event.

One attendee posed a question about seeing Gargoyles featured in other projects, including certain video game properties like Disney Infinity or even Kingdom Hearts, and Weisman gave a surprising answer to the fan's question in regards to Kingdom Hearts.

"That's been discussed, and I'd love it––it's not up to me. [...] When I knew people who were involved [that] tried to push it, there was a point where I thought we were getting close on Kingdom Hearts...and then the guys I knew who were working on it got fired," Weisman remarked sadly. "I'd be very open to it, but obviously I don't even work at Disney anymore."

Although Weisman did not explain the reasons for the staff working on negotiations got fired, he did imply that they left under rather "dire circumstances". 

You can watch the panel below, or skip to the start of the question on Kingdom Hearts at 55:13:

Are you a fan of Gargoyles and do you still want to see it in Kingdom Hearts? Let us know on the forums!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Thanks to forum user gosoxtim for the tip!

Source: Reddit

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
BTW MY HEART IS BROKEN FOREVER.

FOREVER.

IT WOULD HAVE FIT SO WELL. IT STILL CAN.

[video=youtube;ygrEVnrg3Ic]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygrEVnrg3Ic[/video]

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
well never say never so this always a chance for tv shows becase i want gravity falls or maybe even W.i.t.c.h. to be in the series

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
at the very least, maybe he could get spectacular spiderman (ANOTHER TREASURE CANCELLED BEFORE IT'S TIME) in KH. hehe.

it wouldn't happen but i'm hopeful because of this.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
EVERYTHING GREG WORKS ON IS CURSED OR SOMETHING ;~; I love Gargoyles. I love W.I.T.C.H. (especially when they brought him on), I love Spectacular Spider-Man, I LOVE YOUNG JUSTICE SO MUCH.

GUYS GO READ GREG WEISMAN'S BOOKS TOO. THEY ARE SO FUN.

guys...I'm not okay.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
EVERYTHING GREG WORKS ON IS CURSED OR SOMETHING ;~; I love Gargoyles. I love W.I.T.C.H. (especially when they brought him on), I love Spectacular Spider-Man, I LOVE YOUNG JUSTICE SO MUCH.

GUYS GO READ GREG WEISMAN'S BOOKS TOO. THEY ARE SO FUN.

guys...I'm not okay.
they are going to have to bring in tv series eventully if they cant find the right movie to be in kingdom hearts series

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Heheh, gosoxtim, you managed to push the forum's head honchos into a fangirling frenzy. Good job! :D

So basically, Gargoyles is not completely out of the question, but all previous attempts to push it towards Kingdom Hearts have been shot down in flames.

Not sure if that means we should be hopeful or not.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Heheh, gosoxtim, you managed to push the forum's head honchos into a fangirling frenzy. Good job! :D

So basically, Gargoyles is not completely out of the question, but all previous attempts to push it towards Kingdom Hearts have been shot down in flames.

Not sure if that means we should be hopeful or not.
well to be fair he said that time they dicssuing for gargoyles to be in kingdom hearts most of the people were fired from disney plus if nomura wanted to have it in i'm sure disney would contact greg and the people that work on it to make it work or other shows that he worked on

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
well to be fair he said that time they dicssuing for gargoyles to be in kingdom hearts most of the people were fired from disney
Huh, that's a good point, I guess. So I guess there is some hope after all... I honestly never imagined that it was legitimately discussed at one point.

Really, I want to see it get in just so I can watch this place explode with the joy of all the Disney Afternoon kids. 8D

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nomura...hear the children. ; ~; 3-6 year old me is crying in front of her 10 inch TV at midnight hoping for a future filled with more Gargoyles.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I used to have a Gargoyle coloring book back in my day. I was around 6-8 years old from that time.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Uuuuugh it needs to happen. I recently rewatched the series (not including the Goliath Chronicles because blegh) and it's still so good. ;__;

I WOULD CRY TRUE TEARS OF JOY

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd love a gargoyles world, but I can't see it happening in KH3. We already have a world with a big modern city unless the developers want to do a second world with a similar setting

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'd love a gargoyles world, but I can't see it happening in KH3. We already have a world with a big modern city unless the developers want to do a second world with a similar setting

I imagine they probably have loose limit for world "type" considering how BBS had 3 princess-type worlds for the sake of the story.

If it can fit the narrative of the game, I'm pretty certain they are open to multiples of a "type" but aim to not do it considering they've avoided that in every game except BBS.

The city-themed worlds would would be different, though. Manhattan as it is depicted in Gargoyles is a rather grimy city and almost always shown at night. San Fransokyo is a pretty bright city full of modern tech and is very clean.

Then TWTNW...I think that would be more of the bigger problem than San Fransokyo. If we couldn't get a Gargoyles world, I'd want to see Goliath and the Manhattan Clan appear in TWTNW as cameos more than anything else.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
we know that but there is a chance to have disney tv show in kingdom hearts series like gravity falls , w.i.t.c.h., or gargoyles

Ixbran

*incoherent sobbing*

Can you imagine, a world set in the Gargoyles version of new york? it would be epic having Goliath or Elisa as the worlds party member. Also a world based on new york would be the perfect place for a marvel character cameo. A secret boss fight against Thor, Spider Man, or Iron Man would be all kinds of epic!

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I loved Gargoylesas a kid :'( Can't we spam Nomura's inbox or something?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Poor bastard redheaded stepchild of a tv series.

-Contested final season.
-Never released the entire series on DVD.
-Disney files a Gargoyles movie trademark for a film that doesn't actually have anything to do with the series. Implying that they either are so utterly oblivious to it's existence that the film's title is complete coincidence, or that they care so little they are willing to repurpose the name for a new hotness.
-So far no references to Gargoyles in Disney Infinity while Darkwing & other shows get some nods.
-& attempts to get into KH were undermined by apparent firings of involved staff.

Alpha Sonix

I've never really thought a Gargoyles world would fit in Kingdom Hearts. I can see the characters appearing in other worlds, like maybe moving them to Radiant Garden or somewhere else, but not so sure about a grim New York City appearing. All I'll say is that if they do decide to bring them in, it better have David Xanatos. I would honestly have preferred him having taken over Maleficent's role in KH2. Watching a power struggle between Xehanort and Xanatos in KH3...
nKLmfN7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back