• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Gargoyles was in talks for Kingdom Hearts in the past

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
I would love to see Dave the Barbarian as a comedy, breather world. Also I know darn well that Sora and Star would become fast friends.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i watched the pilot episode of WOY where the skulldick was trying to gain infinite power and wander annoyed the living shit out of him.

it was honestly a grating experience that i would not recommend to anybody.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i watched the pilot episode of WOY where the skulldick was trying to gain infinite power and wander annoyed the living shit out of him.

it was honestly a grating experience that i would not recommend to anybody.

The show is much better than the pilot episode. I think it just rubs me the wrong way because it reminds me of the weirder 90s cartoons I really can't stand despite loving them as a kid.

This show delivers that kind of off-beat storytelling in a much more palatable manner, but it still hits too close to that humor that I can't swallow like I used to.

gibbs615

Yeah this WOULD be a good idea for KH! I was hoping they would've done that during KH2 but now if its in discussion for KH3 then I DO hope it happens!!! And I'm also still hoping for Sofia the first too!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I don't really think that is the reason at all. There has never been one thing to say that TV shows can't be in KH. Only the lack of them has created that impression, but it is clear that they prioritize films to anything else because the films are where Disney gets most of its recognition and money.

You are also ignoring the fact that the staff who almost got things squared away got fired. I'm more ready to believe that this has more to do with certain inner company politics when it comes to Disney Channel's execs and other execs from higher places at Disney. There has always been a major disconnect between Disney as a whole and how Disney Channel operates and handles the series they hold power over. Disney Channel's policies have been, even up until 2013 and maybe even now, rather old and outdated.

This also requires knowing when these negotiations happened to know what kind of Disney these talks happened under.

My business teacher a few years back was VP of Marketing at Disney Channel until the mid 2000s when she left, primarily because of a stroke but more because things there were not on the level and there was a lot of dick measuring happening. She didn't say it like that but she implied it when she'd mention a "certain company" as her primary example for poor company ethics and synergy...among other things.

You do raise a valuable point. The 2000's was a time in which Michael Eisner governed the Walt Disney Company and did a terrible job of managing all of the different division's because of his adamancy to cut costs and have things his way. I still stand by my point only because of the fact there's never been a TV show world in the Kingdom Hearts series to date.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
The show is much better than the pilot episode. I think it just rubs me the wrong way because it reminds me of the weirder 90s cartoons I really can't stand despite loving them as a kid.

This show delivers that kind of off-beat storytelling in a much more palatable manner, but it still hits too close to that humor that I can't swallow like I used to.

Season 2 is much easier to get into. All the characters are fleshed out and are quite consistent. Wander is the eternal helpful optimist, Sylvia is the no-nonsense partner that keeps Wander grounded, Lord Hater is the angriest guy in the world, who thinks he wants to dominate the galaxy, but actually just needs to be loved and let go of hate, and Commander Peepers tries to serve under him and keep him focused on domination.

The show is very clever and doesn't tend to stick to any set location or supporting cast. They commit to gags without overusing them, and the voice cast are so clearly committed to their characters that they sell these great jokes.

It's another one of those 'wouldn't it be cool if they were in KH3?' type shows, where the characters and content are really great, but the art would never work with KH. Craig McCracken is a genius when it comes to 2D animation, which is why Wander is the best looking show on Disney right now, but it would never look good in 3D, same with Gravity Falls. If they were to ever use them, it would be neat to see them in like, the mobile game something.

Lost Master

And this is how it should happen for the proper last kingdom hearts III trailer, we get a glimpses of some battles, cut scenes, nothing too long, just enough to show some action and art. Then some flashes of the worlds, old and new (but not all of them, let's save that for the game). Then the screen goes black and then we get an image of an unknown castle followed you hear "...Now here in Manhattan the spell is broken and we LIVE AGAIN!" in Keith David's voice, with the gargoyle music playing and a brief shot of a stone Goliath awakening. That is how the final trailer and introduction of gargoyles should happen a surprise stinger for the fans of kingdom hearts and gargoyles that would blow everyone away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back