• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Gargoyles was in talks for Kingdom Hearts in the past

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Rationally thinking about this, I think the reason as to why Gargoyles didn't make it into Kingdom Hearts is because it was a TV series. Had it gotten a DisneyToon feature film then it would have been able to make it into the game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Rationally thinking about this, I think the reason as to why Gargoyles didn't make it into Kingdom Hearts is because it was a TV series. Had it gotten a DisneyToon feature film then it would have been able to make it into the game.

I don't really think that is the reason at all. There has never been one thing to say that TV shows can't be in KH. Only the lack of them has created that impression, but it is clear that they prioritize films to anything else because the films are where Disney gets most of its recognition and money.

You are also ignoring the fact that the staff who almost got things squared away got fired. I'm more ready to believe that this has more to do with certain inner company politics when it comes to Disney Channel's execs and other execs from higher places at Disney. There has always been a major disconnect between Disney as a whole and how Disney Channel operates and handles the series they hold power over. Disney Channel's policies have been, even up until 2013 and maybe even now, rather old and outdated.

This also requires knowing when these negotiations happened to know what kind of Disney these talks happened under.

My business teacher a few years back was VP of Marketing at Disney Channel until the mid 2000s when she left, primarily because of a stroke but more because things there were not on the level and there was a lot of dick measuring happening. She didn't say it like that but she implied it when she'd mention a "certain company" as her primary example for poor company ethics and synergy...among other things.

Last edited:

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Aw... Dammit! Hope and dreams crushed... For now. But yeah, I'm just hoping things would get worked out again.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
This makes me so happy:D And here's hoping it will actually happen in the future (-cough- and also W.I.T.C.H -cough-).

If nothing else, at least this is a good hint that Square Enix has considered the possibility of Disney cartoons in the past, and might still in the future.

And that maybe they're listening to KHInsider fans about world selection. LOL.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Please, please, pleeeaase Square Enix. Put Gargoyles in Kingdom Hearts III.
tumblr_m086vri96t1qh2o7zo1_500.gif

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
They were already in Kingdom Hearts 3D? George Costanza Gargoyle was there. I don't see why you would want any other type of gargoyle. Some people are just conditionally unhappy I guess. They just keep happiness on the distant horizon. Well guess what? You can't reach it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
They were already in Kingdom Hearts 3D? George Costanza Gargoyle was there. I don't see why you would want any other type of gargoyle. Some people are just conditionally unhappy I guess. They just keep happiness on the distant horizon. Well guess what? You can't reach it.

where do you live. i'm coming to fight you lanch.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

200_s.gif

It's time to throw down, my friend.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
DUDE this would have been so good! I love Gargoyles, I remember watching it as a kid. Hopefully Square keeps this in mind for future titles. Doubt it'll be in KH3, but I am all for some Gargoyles content in a KH game.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
hey guys if ever gargoyles, w.i.t.c.h. and gravity falls get annouuced here how the trailer work you would have video of world but then you would goliath voice talk about the ancient keyblade war to sora with a big shot of new york city then for w.i.t.c.h it would jump to the oracle talking to sora about the upcoming keybalde war at merdian finally it would end with gravity falls with sora landing in gravity falls as mabel and dipper back at gravity falls with stan and stanford back from there trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back