• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

View Colour Boards for the Cancelled Kingdom Hearts TV Show!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DefiantHeart

Awards
It might not be too late to see KH animated. Maybe Square can do anime shorts promoting KH3 like they did for XV

That would be a brilliant idea. ^_^ Not only would it promote it better as a marketing strategy, but it could also hearken back to the days of Disney's old 2d animations... after all, Kingdom Hearts does take place in mostly the older Disney animations. Would make perfect sense to see a KH mini series in the same style. :3

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
That would be a brilliant idea. ^_^ Not only would it promote it better as a marketing strategy, but it could also hearken back to the days of Disney's old 2d animations... after all, Kingdom Hearts does take place in mostly the older Disney animations. Would make perfect sense to see a KH mini series in the same style. :3
disney would have to signed out on the idea

Sorarocks93

Awards
Yeah, IDK. This all looks kinda weird, first, Riku bowing to Maleficent? Her treating Jafar like that, when she doesn't treat even Pete like that? I can see why this didn't make it. It kinda looks like fanfiction.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Yeah, IDK. This all looks kinda weird, first, Riku bowing to Maleficent? Her treating Jafar like that, when she doesn't treat even Pete like that? I can see why this didn't make it. It kinda looks like fanfiction.
Lmao my man, the entire series is one long Star Wars AU turned final fantasy/Disney AU slash fiction with an incredible budget.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I want this so much it hurts.

It's so good.

Gah! Why couldn't we have gotten this? I know why we didn't (as Disney didn't want to step on Nomura's toes with it, after the first game became such a success and they knew it would become a series), but still.

This whole section was pretty dang close to the game, too, while even adding in neat stuff.

The Sora, Riku, and Kairi moments were so cute. And I especially what they did with Kairi, and having her concerned about Riku and all. That was a nice touch.

And seeing where Sora sleeps in the gummi ship, and him with the photo... just ASDFGHJKL.

But alas.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
The possibility of a KH anime as we enter the 15th anniversary and KH3's eventual release is exciting, but I do hope they don't go with the story featured in these storyboards if the anime were a "recap."

These storyboards seem so simplistic where SRK are all victims, none of the depth that their characters had in the game (game-wise, Kairi's development was just that of a the damsel, so that kick is actually an improvement).

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
Goddamn, seeing Maleficent toss Jafar out of the room like that is pretty fucking cool. Not only that, seeing Riku's possible POV with Maleficent and forcing him to be her hitman? Andddddd possible internal discussions in the Gummi Ship? And good ol' Kairi doing something productive against enemies this early on?

While I don't know if I would have ended up loving whatever direction the story of the show may have gone in, the ideas present excite me.

Kingdom Hearts is literally fanfiction. Hell, the Disney movies included in KH are also fanfiction based off of fairy tales.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Okay, so if Square Enix did end up making a series of short anime episodes similar to Brotherhood FFXV, what could they be about? Maybe what Kairi, Riku, and the other's are doing while Sora, Donald, and Goofy are off doing their thing in KH3? Like, maybe it could show Kairi rounding up the seven princesses of heart and Riku looking for the previous Keyblade masters, but I feel like I would want to actually see that in the actual game as cutscenes.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Some shorts centering on young Eraqus and Xehanort would be great. Or even just a young Xehanort growing up on Destiny islands before his master found him

Zapt

Awards
Vanitas (Get it? My title is "Unversed" So...)
This is pretty interesting.
DYJd5yc.jpg

Pretty strange but pretty interesting.

stareyedprince

Out of all the games, KH1 might be the easiest to adapt as a cartoon/anime with its standalone story. Color boards look nice, art style is kinda off-putting but these are just storyboards and I know the guy who made these wanted the actual show's artstyle similar to the games, and wanted a Japanese studio to animate it.

If we're talking about our dream KH anime/cartoon, mine is a 6 episode OVA that focuses on things that weren't covered in the games (Kairi's island shenanigans, Leon and the game fixing up radiant garden, etc), animated by studio trigger and directed by Yoh Yoshinari. Yoshinari has such a cartoony, bouncy style that I think works best for the Disney/SE crossover aesthetic.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I'd like to point out that I was talking about the "art style", not the roughness of the drawings. I know very well what a storyboard is, I make them myself. I just don't like the style in which he draws, the faces especially. Art style is a different thing from the level of effort put into the drawings.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Was I the only one who thought it was strange that Sora has a keyblade before the heartless invade Destiny Islands...?

The storyboards suggest they meant to use a dream to cover the introduction on Destiny Islands, so that would allow them to take a few liberties.

namidawa

I don't feel too much for this. Don't get me wrong I love these color boards but, KH in a show format is a little weird. For me it already seems episodic in the video game, still kind of a cartoon movie for me but more interactive. As a show it takes away from that magic.

But if the masses really want something like this, I'm not vehemently opposed to it.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It would be interesting to see what the actual style of the show would have been like, since the sketches aren't indicative. As it is now, it's kindof hard to look at tbh. Nearly everything looks like off-model, 2000s-bad-sequel-era animation.

TalkingBird

Was I the only one who thought it was strange that Sora has a keyblade before the heartless invade Destiny Islands...?

I had the same thought, but because the first scene is actually Sora's dream while on the gummi ship...I'm guessing his dream mixed current and past events together.

Honestly, getting any new KH content is always really exciting to me, but I would definitely be worried about this show if it actually happened. There's things I like about this, but I could easily could see it becoming really cheesy (more so than the actual games) and just adding to KH's reputation of being a "kid game". I dunno, probably not a big deal, but I want to see the series receive the respect it deserves and this would just make me nervous. :confused:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I had the same thought, but because the first scene is actually Sora's dream while on the gummi ship...I'm guessing his dream mixed current and past events together.

Honestly, getting any new KH content is always really exciting to me, but I would definitely be worried about this show if it actually happened. There's things I like about this, but I could easily could see it becoming really cheesy (more so than the actual games) and just adding to KH's reputation of being a "kid game". I dunno, probably not a big deal, but I want to see the series receive the respect it deserves and this would just make me nervous. :confused:

The last time we had a dream on a gummi ship we ended up with a parrot, a volcano, maleficent stirring a cauldron, and a terrible phone game that no one will ever remember. I'd be worried too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back