• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► [RUMOR] Playable Riku and Fantasia in KINGDOM HEARTS 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
On the note of DDD worlds returning because they've woken from their sleep, it makes me wonder if HoND might make an appearance in KH3 or the next saga. It was very fun and immersive world to play in DDD, but the characters and story potential for it were completely squandered. Then again I get the feeling most fans are bit burned out of that world/film for the moment being.

Burned out like Frollo?? Sorry
While I didn't think the world was fun, that's probably because I despise 3D. In either way, the world really didn't do the characters any justice, so I wouldn't entirely mind seeing it again. I just wonder if it wouldn't look repetitive in environments.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Burned out like Frollo?? Sorry

It's okay, he'll take the fall.

While I didn't think the world was fun, that's probably because I despise 3D. In either way, the world really didn't do the characters any justice, so I wouldn't entirely mind seeing it again. I just wonder if it wouldn't look repetitive in environments.

The only thing I cared for was jumping down the cathedral all the way to the streets imagining both Sora and Riku screaming "weeeeee" in the process.
I could see the world being fun, but only if they give me a KH1 Traverse Town level of exploration.
Then again, at that point I'd just want Traverse Town.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
On the note of DDD worlds returning because they've woken from their sleep, it makes me wonder if HoND might make an appearance in KH3 or the next saga. It was very fun and immersive world to play in DDD, but the characters and story potential for it were completely squandered. Then again I get the feeling most fans are bit burned out of that world/film for the moment being.

I've always had a theory that a playable Kingdom Hearts Union X HD is going to be the next console Kingdom Hearts title after Kingdom Hearts III. The Hunchback of Notre Dame seems to be a traditional Fairy Tale world so I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's eventually in Union X (and it's hypothetical remake). This also leads me to believe that we won't be seeing the Princess of Heart worlds outside Agrabah (for King of Thieves obviously).

I'm all for the return of The Hunchback of Notre Dame, but when you really think about it, Nomura did mention that Kingdom Hearts 3D was originally a part of Kingdom Hearts III's early draft before it was segmented into Dream Drop Distance. Nomura must have had his reason to add that world for 3D as oppose to saving it for Kingdom Hearts III.

But going back to Fantasia, I echo everyone else in saying that it's entirely possible because there were unused areas from the original and 2000.

horto12485

Awards
We might have a loophole with the Pixar worlds where they may not count as Disney, so there's a small chance we could get something like say, 11 Disney, 2 Pixar, and 7 original (I have a mighty need for 20 worlds okay?)

But yes, more older Disney properties please!

I agree we need more Older Disney Properties to appear in the KH Games Series (Like Jungle Book, Treasure Planet, Pocahontas, Atlantis, Robin Hood ETC)

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I find it funny that this has yet to be clarified by PlayStation Magazine. Pretty sure the viral response to this news should have gotten PlayStation magazine to issue some sort of follow up statement if they "made an error".

Vasquez

Awards
-Nomura said he was surprised Riku wasn't more popular and was going to do something about it.
-The 0.2 ending sets clear missions for the both of them and focuses on them equally.
-Riku has been the dual protagonist for years now anyway.

It would be odd if he wasn't playable to a major degree in KH3.

redcrown

Awards
-Nomura said he was surprised Riku wasn't more popular and was going to do something about it.

In Japan he isn't as popular, which is where the poll was done IICR. I've had the vibe he's more popular in the West, we love us some anti heroes with dark sides trying to atone their pasts.

I find it funny that this has yet to be clarified by PlayStation Magazine. Pretty sure the viral response to this news should have gotten PlayStation magazine to issue some sort of follow up statement if they "made an error".

I'm surprised too, but I can see why. They confirm it's fake or mistaken from DDD, it implies neither will happen in KH3 even if part of the rumor is true; they confirm it's true and it spoils the KH3 showcase in February or Summer.

That or KH is not popular enough atm to gain enough heat and pressure for a demanded correction from the article.

Scorseselover

I’m all for bringing back Fantasia. It looked good on 3DS but console is where they’ll make it more epic. I hope the fight with Chernabog is a little more well handled unlike the first one and Dream Drop Distance.

julian14bernardi

Well... I'm all for playing as Riku. I played DDD in my 3DS for a long time. And I hope this time he'll have King Mickey as a party member. I hope Riku and the King should go to Disney worlds first. Then, they should head for the realm of darkness to save Aqua.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back