• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► [RUMOR] Playable Riku and Fantasia in KINGDOM HEARTS 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enturax

Awards
I'd much more prefer Lea, or Kairi for the sake of originality (they may still include them in a form of short chapter(s) or something, though). Riku feels boring to me since DDD, TBH.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
My first assumption is that the editor was too lazy to do 2 minutes of research and mixed it up with DDD, but normally when I see games getting mixed up it'll just be describing the wrong game, not in combination with the correct one.

It would be pretty funny if the magazine accidentally revealed info before it's proper announcement.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This is what I'm thinking/hoping for too. I don't get the fandom aversion to playing as Riku in KH3, he is the deuteragonist pretty much at this point in the series, and he is on a very central plot important mission with Mickey. Plus who says only one other character besides Sora can have their small playable segment in this game? I would be let down if we only got to play as 2 characters in KH3 tops.

I could totally see a small Fantasia 2000 segment or boss being playable in this game, but not an entire world's worth, as there weren't many straight up fantasy segments in that film to begin with; then again they only did use two segments of the original Fantasia in DDD.

People say he is boring to play as, but I think he has the best play style of any character in this series besides Aqua. I can’t even begin to imagine what KH3’s gameplay system combined with Riku’s play style would entail, but I can imagine all of the amazing AOE attacks and how beautiful it would look. I also want to experience combat with Riku and Mickey together. They've been traveling together for so long and we still haven't actually had them fight side-by-side in actual gameplay yet besides being able to summon Mickey in CoM.

I think a Fantasia world could easily be a series of bosses with a trippy dream-esque sequences where Sora experiences the metaphysical conflict between light and darkness as a final test of his strength (perhaps being his true final test to becoming a master since people want that so bad).

That would be pretty nice and by adding the Riku segment (or whoever it is) before him rejoining with Sora would also make it feel more...connected to each other.

I think that is how any kind of segment should work in general. I could easily see the game hitting a point where SDG arrive at a point and come upon something pretty shocking with Riku being there, and the game essentially transitions––either by rewinding or just going to a black screen and saying "A few weeks ago"––and then it opens up with Riku's thoughts or narration as he and Mickey start traveling to find the lost Keyblade wielders.

Then we play through their segment, leading up to the pretty shocking moment and it transitions back to Sora. It'd be effective and wouldn't take up a whole major chunk of the game.

Also they could make it so once you finish the entire game, you can switch between Sora and Riku in each world...maybe add some little hidden dialogue bits or short cutscenes where these characters meet Riku for the first time when you switch over to him.

The screenshot posted earlier with the blue flowers around Yen Sid's tower makes me wonder if it isn't that the spellbook starts "leaking" elements of the Fantasia movies out somehow and they have to go inside the book to figure out what's causing the trouble. I'd like it because there could be little things scattered throughout the worlds which escaped the book and which we could go looking for and bring back to Yen Sid/the Three Faeries for rewards (like summons, new spells, new clothes? etc.).

That would actually be really cool. I'd love to see something like that implemented. KH3 needs a quest system, and this would be a great way to implement something like it while being in the spirit of what 0.2 introduced.

I really thought Fantasia had a lot more to offer, especially when it comes to returning worlds from the past few games, so I have personally been wanting that this whole time. I guess I dunno what the "reason" would be or if it has to be a crazy complex reason or anything like that anyway?

I don't think there needs to be a "reason". Nomura and the dev team have chosen worlds for these games with little more reason than "it'd be interesting to see".

I'd much more prefer Lea, or Kairi for the sake of originality (they may still include them in a form of short chapter(s) or something, though). Riku feels boring to me since DDD, TBH.

I think they could easily include other character. Riku has an interesting journey ahead of him, and I think it would be a waste to ignore it like KH2 ignored Axel, Namine, and Riku's story.

My first assumption is that the editor was too lazy to do 2 minutes of research and mixed it up with DDD, but normally when I see games getting mixed up it'll just be describing the wrong game, not in combination with the correct one.

It would be pretty funny if the magazine accidentally revealed info before it's proper announcement.

Yeah, they literally have 2/3 of that blurb correct, so it would be really weird if they chose that moment to not fact check anything else before approving it.

UltimaXOmega

This game is sounding more and more boring world wise.
Where's the surprising worlds?
Toy Story?
That was pretty much as likely as Frozen from the beginning.

Neo_

Awards
Toy Story?
Fantasia is surprising, millions of people (including Nomura) have wanted Toy Story to be a world since the first game, there is no way Frozen will not be a world and the surprising worlds haven't been revealed yet.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Toy Story?

Fantasia is surprising, bro. If this isn't a mistake, people thought that Fantasia would be limited to KH3D since there isn't a lot of grounded story to work with.

Toy Story was surprising because they've been trying to get that in since KH1 and it's always missed the mark.

Monsters Inc. is surprising because everybody thought they hit their Pixar quota with Toy Story.

We've still got a ton of worlds to go, too.

UltimaXOmega

Fantasia is not surprising.
Toy Story was obvious af.
Monsters Inc is sort of surprising.
We have like 3 more new worlds.

mario9785ify

I had an idea that every 3 worlds or so you would switch to another character and play a adamant as them like riku, Kairi, lea, etc, and maybe later on if numora wants to he can add a multiplayer mission mode like in days as dlc or in an update.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
What i love love is that SDG (Or whoever else is doing the world) to stay silent during the segments. I know they did that during combat in DDD, but I felt Sora, Riku, and YX should have been silent during cutscenes as well. They can easily convey emotions through facial expressions.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

DDL3rUNV0AE7NSZ.jpg:large

...Well aren't you a debby downer. And you literally have no proof in saying that we have "three more new worlds". Seriously, you have absolutely no basis for your arguments.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

I'd be surprised by Fantasia. Why would your unsurprise be better or worth more than my surprise?
Toy Story was teased yet denied so many times that I think it could've gone either way: we knew it was always in consideration, but never had the certainty it was going to be a thing. And with it, the other Pixar movies.
I'd say Monsters Inc was indeed surprising for most.

Who knows how many more worlds we'll have. And even if, we already have two surprising worlds, San Fransokyo and finally the confirmation Pixar movies can happen.
I'd say KH III is up to a good start for not being boring on this front.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
OMG, I SO hope this is true. I would love if most of the games from here were split between Riku and Sora like CoM and 3D. I’d also love to see Fantasia again. Win win!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Fantasia is surprising as the only non-recent Disney film added to KH3 is Olympus Coliseum. It’s surprising that we might return there in some capacity, if it isn’t just Yen Sid’s Tower.
Toy Story was surprising. No one was expecting it to be revealed at D23. Sure, it was long overdue to be added to the series but watch any video of that D23 reveal and you will see everyone there was surprised.

Would the only thing that would actually make you happy at this time be if Nomura outright said Eraqus is playable and Shibuya is a world?

Awesome Psycho

Toy Story?

Yeah this game is gonna suck because we don’t have any surprising worlds(even though they haven’t shown the full roster) And I bet they’re boring too! :mad:

UltimaXOmega

Fantasia is surprising as the only non-recent Disney film added to KH3 is Olympus Coliseum. It’s surprising that we might return there in some capacity, if it isn’t just Yen Sid’s Tower.
Toy Story was surprising. No one was expecting it to be revealed at D23. Sure, it was long overdue to be added to the series but watch any video of that D23 reveal and you will see everyone there was surprised.

Would the only thing that would actually make you happy at this time be if Nomura outright said Eraqus is playable and Shibuya is a world?
Star Wars,Marvel,Incredibles,Gargoyles etc.
Treasure Planet even would be surprising since it's a niche classic.
Monsters Inc has been the only surprising world.
Maybe BH6 too.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Maybe BH6 too.

This is just me, but I'd rather have worlds that go well with KH and fit the game well, even if they end up being "unsurprising" and safe choices. There's a reason why Toy Story was an easy guess. Because it makes sense. It fits. People love it, it's about time we have it. I don't think that's a bad thing at all. Choosing a world purely for element of surprise sounds like the bad move to me, if anything. And well, I definitely didn't see Monsters Inc coming. Out of the worlds we know so far, already having one surprise is pretty good in my opinion, especially when it's still a good one that I feel fits.

Neo_

Awards
In the context of this being the "big dog" game, Fantasia is surprising, though if it is just a stop for Riku and Mickey, then I agree it isn't that surprising.

Toy Story was obvious... who cares? I still don't get your point. They aren't going to not include worlds in the game because they're "too mainstream". Since everyone else is saying otherwise though, I agree that Toy Story was super obvious, and as my most-wanted world, I'm happy it's in. :smile:

Why do worlds need to be surprising to be in the game? If you're taking them at that alone, then that's a pretty bad prerequisite.

notnow123487

Awards
A couple things based on the assumption this is true. I’m not concerned with Riku being the other playable character because you know the dlc is going to be what the other main characters are doing while Sora is off. There’s gonna be a dlc episode with Lea and Kairi becoming best friends and a prelude episode with young xehanort and eraqus which will end up being the teaser for KH4 or whatever the next trilogy is..assuming that’s not in the game, I know Nomura said the chess scene is the opening scene.

For the worlds of this is true, there aren’t many other Disney worlds to be revealed if all the rumors are true:
San Fransokyo
Toy Story
Olympus
Tangled
Monsters Inc.
Fantasia
100 Acre Wood
Frozen (rumored/assumed)

If that’s all true, there’s max of three Disney worlds we don’t know about now, but honestly I think it’s more like 1-2. These are 3-5 hour worlds so there’s not going to be that much. I don’t get the people complaining, I think it’s a good list so far overall obviously there’s other worlds I would prefer, but I’m content. But refute the people complaining with the worlds we know since it’s most of the roster at this point, not “stop complaining we don’t even have a full roster yet.”

Plus if the Riku storyline is true, we have:
Realm of Darkness (why wouldn’t they reuse the assets)
Castle Oblivion or wherever Ven is I’m blanking

Plus:
Twilight Town

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
So apparently anything non-Disney movie and/or made by a second party is surprising, therefore worthy of being in an otherwise boring KH III.

I am so hoping KH III will turn out to be the most boring game in existance then.

Squood!

seibah
Awards
Maybe BH6 too.
You think Star Wars and Marvel would be surprising? People keep thinking they'll obviously be in KH3. Some even think it's flat out confirmed. So no, those won't be surprising.

Toy Story is surprising. First ever Pixar world.

Monsters Inc is surprising. They aren't doing only one.

Fantasia is surprising. It would be a returning world/new world depending on if it's Fantasia 2000.

Ya know what else would be surprising? Fullmetal Alchemist in KH3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back