• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

VGO & SoundtRec Boston worked on the new Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX soundtrack

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Tai Yasue, co-director of the most recent Kingdom Hearts games, announced in a recent E3 interview that the soundtrack for Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- would be reorchestrated by an orchestra in Boston. Now it turns out that the VGO - Video Game Orchestra, in conjunction with SoundtRec Boston (their recording division) were responsible for the re-recorded music for the HD collection, as announced on their Facebook page.

According to the post, the music was orchestrated by creator/producer Shota Nakama and is currently being mixed by Falk Au Yeong, their sound engineer.

The VGO had previously performed, recorded and mixed the Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII soundtrack, composed by Masashi HamauzuNaoshi Mizuta and Mitsuto Suzuki.

Yasue confirmed during E3 2014 that over 90 songs had been redone for Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix, though it hasn't yet been clarified whether the music in Birth by Sleep: Final Mix and Re:Coded had been given the remaster treatment as well.

The re-orchestrated music can also be listened to on the upcoming Bluray album, which is coming with the collector's editions of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in Japan this October and can also be purchased on its own through the Square Enix Online eStore.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
How exciting! Though I'm sure finding out they had to record so many songs was quite shocking, haha.

limit

Aww, they just abandoned the gaQdan recording team from last year? Oh well, whatever, I guess.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Aww, they just abandoned the gaQdan recording team from last year? Oh well, whatever, I guess.

I wouldn't say abandon. I don't want to assume, but is is entirely possible gaQdan could have been too costly or might not have had the time/resources if Square Enix happened to ask them. We don't know how their selection process went, though, so I'm just making a guess.

My main bet is that SE felt VGO was the best choice for what they were wanting to accomplish. As said in the article, VGO has worked with Square Enix before on Lightning Returns and their work was amazing so they liked what they saw and went with them again.

harryfarron

Pleeease Square Enix. Remaster Birth By Sleep Soundtracks too! I love them so much! <3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The music in BBS is already live music, it doesn't need a remaster, until comfirmed.

It wasn't all live music. It was a mix of live with synths set on loops. BBS could benefit from a bit of refreshing. Higher quality of the live parts, re-mixed synths.

But as you said we will have to wait for some confirmation to know.

Antar

Awards
This is great news! I'm fine with them not re-orchestrating BBS music, if they choose not to, since it sounds great already. I just can't wait to hear the KH2 music in glorious orchestral form!

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I'm most excited for "He's a Pirate" "Hazardous Highway" and "Darkness of the Unknown"

I'm not sure on these ones, but Passion (orchestral of course), the Little Mermaid songs, and Fantasia all Marcia would all be ones I would have interest in hearing.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Passion Orchestral (duh!) and Fantasia alla Marcia are already orchestrated and doesn't need to be redone. Seriously.

Little Mermaid songs I guess they can either orchestrate those and/or recycle the instrumentals from the official movie version.(For the songs that had movie versions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back