• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are "New generation RPG's"?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Mage

Bearer of the True Rune.
What the heck are "new generation RPG's"? I hear people saying that Devil May Cry & GTA are "New Generation RPG's".

Can someone please tell me.

Anti-Dark

no, dancbanks is precisely the kind of fool I don't like :)

a new generation RPG is an RPG that mixes an action/adventure game, such as the killing sprees of GTA, with a feel of RPG to it, such as being able to upgrade your character, edit his/her abilities, increase or allow them to decrease over time, being able to change the look and weapons, and in some new gen, there may be a variation of turn based attacks, and not necessarily an action/adventure mixed with RPG, there may also be more RPG and a little bit of action/adventure tossed in

Bacon Boy

uhhhhh sorta....but not really
you cant really upgrade or change yourself in KH in san andreas is a good rpg if you think about it though! you need to keep your character alive. it is probably one of the most realistic games out there if you think about it! i am a fan of the game but so what? if you dont feed him he die! if you feed him to much.....he pukes! or changes his appearence!

PS:i don like the puke

Blue Mage

Bearer of the True Rune.
Isnt GTA about killing people, stealing cars & getting laid by big-breasted girls?

Anti-Dark

yes, thats precisely the best thing, it's a great action and adventure game, but the fact that you can

#1 travel different places, and collect things in different order, necessary or not
#2 upgrade your character
#3 edit the look and abilities
#4 make him fatter or skinny, strong or weak

it adds a RPG element to the whole thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back