• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► USGamer interviews Yasue on KH3's development, not cutting content, positive approach to series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

NoWay

Awards
I would have preferred, if they cut the 100 Acre Woods world to expand Scala Ad Caelum or Riku’s story segment with a playable RG or expanded RoD.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Tbh, in that Scala video nothing really showed me anything that was cut content. The world looked like trash the further they went away from the main zone, showing that it wasn’t intended to be seen up close, and it’s all just a bunch of reused assets to make the world. What part of it screamed “cut content”?

Well, more than one area shown had glowing walls, meaning wall run was going to activate there.

But other than that maybe this time it was an unfortunate choice of words on my part. I guess it's more "restricted content" in the sense that it's there but theoretically unaccessible rather than "cut".

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
To be honest, I've always felt that Scala ad Caelum was a world they built for the sake of reutilizing it in the future. The only thing they need to do is just build upon it.

Judging by the fact that a certain building is below Scala, there might be more to Scala than meets the eye.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Wonder what reason they will give as to why Scala would look so different if it becomes playable. No way the world would look the same and still have the same exact shape if it has multiple playable zones next time.

Like they even went outta their way to explain why Agrabah's layout changed :unsure:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Wonder what reason they will give as to why Scala would look so different if it becomes playable. No way the world would look the same and still have the same exact shape if it has multiple playable zones next time.

Like they even went outta their way to explain why Agrabah's layout changed :unsure:
"because reasons", "work in progress", "in-universe shennanigans", "areas you couldn't see"

I'm of the opinion that not everything needs an in-universe explanation, or a formal one at that, for every change. Unless, of course, it's an obvious one.

LostArtist

Awards
I read somewhere that you need certain assets to show the world. So even if its just in the background never to be used directly it needs to be here to show us the object. But most of the time its just low quality if you would go near it. Thats for example the case with the village of frozens world.
The town in arendelle is so fully sized and so incredibly detailed in textures that it made no sense to me the first time exploring it. None of the cutscenes even go close enough to see any of it, why are the textures so detailed and match the movie so much, why is the dock area there when you don't ever see it in game? So it doesn't make sense to me if these were built merely for background(it's so freaking far away in gameplay) or for cutscenes (you still don't see any of the town inside, or the any of the details on the castle etc).
(it's like if you found snuggly duckling out of bounds, even if it is not visible anywhere in cutscenes or during gameplay)

But I was talking to 13th vessel about it and he said that world assets from movies were used (according to interviews and such) and nerfed to work on the ps4. So if that's the case(probably is) it makes sense, since they wouldn't have had to build all of it out of scratch/just used actual movie assets.

Last edited:
Back