• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tech ► Tablets

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
Now, the Apple iPad has been out for a long time, and has access to the App Store, apps made specifically for it, etc. The web also has something like 50% of its videos in HTML5, which means that the iPad can play most of the videos that you're going to come across, and HTML5 is being adopted more and more each day.

There's also the new Samsung Galaxy Tab, with access to the Android Market, support for Flash, a smaller form-factor, and (by a few accounts) a great screen with excellent responsiveness. Windows 7 and other Android tablets have been released by the dozens, and it seems like if you read a tech blog you read a new review of a shitty new tablet every week.

My question is, what do you all think of these? Are these like the handheld gaming platforms to the home system? The magazine to the book? Are they a waste of time, or are they the future?

Personally, I love the idea of owning an iPad (or an excellent Android tablet but we have to wait for Honeycomb) for gaming, consuming media, and browsing the internet. I also love my Macbook Pro, don't get me wrong, but the iPad seems more convenient and fun, due to its smaller size and access to its large App Store. Does anyone own one of these, so they can give first-hand knowledge?

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Well recently I saw the leaked images of a supposedly 7 inch iPad, very interested in that.

Recently I thought the device was a joke, but for browsing the internet, reading E-books, playing games, etc. it's pretty sweet.

However the Samsung Galaxy Tab, to me, looks superior and much more worth my money.

I can't wait until such devices become even more sleeker due to seems to be the rapidly progressing amount of technological advancements that are taking place with such devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back