• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about closing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Tell me, do the rules allow for a topic to be closed for purely religious reasons of the closer, with absolutely no reason, especially in the intel forum? Just wondering.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
if this in reference to the topic the midnighter closed called "what is value of man to god" or something like that, i also don't understand why

Ryu

an obscene gesture
Just to say what I think about it, like I said to Phoenix earlier on, the topic could've been interpreted as insulting to many christians. I would've liked to debate about it, but I promised myself I wouldn't get involved in debates on a forum that's dying anyways.

Now, like I said, it could've been seen as insulting to people with other beliefs, but I too think that the Midnighter should post here and explain whether he closed it for personal beliefs (which wouldn't be fair, since forums are meant for people expressing opinions) or other reasons. TM, any comments ?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
It would've been insulting had I made something up, I just posted a holy verse from a holy book. If that's insulting to christians, the bible is insulting to christians.

evil_kenshin

Wielder said:
Just to say what I think about it, like I said to Phoenix earlier on, the topic could've been interpreted as insulting to many christians. I would've liked to debate about it, but I promised myself I wouldn't get involved in debates on a forum that's dying anyways.

Now, like I said, it could've been seen as insulting to people with other beliefs, but I too think that the Midnighter should post here and explain whether he closed it for personal beliefs (which wouldn't be fair, since forums are meant for people expressing opinions) or other reasons. TM, any comments ?

but wielder the whole topic is about a verse from the bible, how is that insulting when the christians have to agree with it? seeing as how the bible is the word of god by their views if god thinks woman are only worth 60% of men , then they should agree with it, of course if the femenists found out then thered be trouble

-Larxene-

Falling into the deep abyss, a forever void of not
There were -other- reasons for closing it, I think. Despite my other disagreements with TM, I have to agree with him on closing that topic. It was almost too controversial. (The singular vow clause was actually a reference to marrige. For all those still wondering. As in paying for a family in marrige...) I didn't really think TM was a Christian, but you never know.
He may have just found it completely insulting, and I cannot say I wouldn't have done the same.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
Didn't it occur to you that God maybe meant something else than just setting the prices for people's lives ? He values them equally, but what this scripture spoke about are people who made 'singular vows'. That means that people who were somehow dedicated to God, could be bought free by offering the mentioned amount.

Now this is all I could find and explain on a short notice, plus I don't feel like debating this in 1) a fallen forum and 2) under the wrong sub-forum. If you guys want to debate this I suggest you open a new topic on another forum, mabye SDF.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Didn't it occur to you that God maybe meant something else than just setting the prices for people's lives ? He values them equally, but what this scripture spoke about are people who made 'singular vows'. That means that people who were somehow dedicated to God, could be bought free by offering the mentioned amount.

May be, but that would be open for debate, not closing.

evil_kenshin

Wielder said:

Now this is all I could find and explain on a short notice, plus I don't feel like debating this in 1) a fallen forum and 2) under the wrong sub-forum. If you guys want to debate this I suggest you open a new topic on another forum, mabye SDF.

lol i agree about point 1, and i won't create it on SDF since it would come under the biblical errors topic intellagent discussions so it wouldn't be worth a whole new topic, though if phoenix wants to then thats up to him

Last edited:

Ryu

an obscene gesture
May be, but that would be open for debate, not closing.

True, therefore I won't continue on the scripture, and start waiting on a reply from The Midnighter... *sits down and waits*

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
There were -other- reasons for closing it, I think. Despite my other disagreements with TM, I have to agree with him on closing that topic. It was almost too controversial. (The singular vow clause was actually a reference to marrige. For all those still wondering. As in paying for a family in marrige...) I didn't really think TM was a Christian, but you never know.
He may have just found it completely insulting, and I cannot say I wouldn't have done the same.

Larxene, enlighten me, how was it controversial? It was a verse from the Bible, tell me, which is teh controversial part if it's supossed to be true?

And did you see the "reasons"? Purely religious ones. That is biased, especially in what's supossed to be an intel forum. Maybe you guys aren't used t posting there, but in there we debate such controversial topics, and he had no right to close it.

Last edited:

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Aaah, Midnighter again....

Say, he's like the devil, huh? Torturing us, making us bleed, and for what? Becuz it's fun?!!

I support you 100% Phoenix! This again is closign a topic for nothing....

TM, how social are you in life? cuz it seems like you dont have much friends...

quitejaded

I Do Phoenix.
Website
xanga.com
I'm mad. I was watching it. I wanted to see what would come out of it.
I don't understand why he closed it. His comment wasn't very good either. :p

He closed it because its too controversial? Start a debate? Well, jeez, I wonder when he's going to close all the other topics in the intel forum. Humph.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I did, he said it would start a fight, or a debate. What does he think we do in the intel forum? Sing-along with Barney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back