• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Public Domain Horror is Getting Silly

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sonofjafar

Awards
I would understand the appeal of making public domain characters into monsters if the movies where it’s done tried anything original or were at least somewhat decent. However, the fact that they just plastered Mickey’s face on a guy and called it a day has officially turned me off to the concept as a whole. If anyone disagrees, feel free to debate me. I actually wouldn’t mind seeing anybody take enjoyment out of this. Makes me feel like at least someone can see the positive side of things

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
The positive side is that someone is brave enough to push what the character being in the PD actually means. If the movie gets produced and sold without a lawsuit, then it means that more interesting concepts can be tried by real studios.

But someone's gotta start somewhere, and a stupid gore film is the perfect way to start.

Back