• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Music Reviewing Thread

• Thread starter omnislasher_VII
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

omnislasher_VII

If possible, could a mod pin this?

Well, there have been a lot of music threads, but I hope this one will be the best of them all.

Come here to make a review for a song, or and album or something you like, or just bought. Don't just say:

I bought Meteora. It's good because the songs sound nice. :)

Make a good review like:

Meteora is a very good album, since it blends so many elements together. There's the hip hop theme, the pro DJing by Mr. Hahn, and of course the hard rock.

Make it longer of course; the one I provided was just a short example.

I'll start off.

Collision Course

My first ever Linkin Park album. It sounded really awesome the first time I got it. The songs were great, with their mix of rap and rock, and they were all mixed well. It was when I got Meteora that my mind changed.

Jay-Z was kinda boring. Linkin Park worked very well in CC, since they truly melded with Jay-Z, but Jay's just sitting there singing his own stuff. I you haven't noticed, Mike - and sometimes Chester - sings along with Jay-Z. Overall, I say the album is pretty good, but it's really just LP with Jay-Z thrown in for the hell of it.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I did this for a school project (I can't be bothered writing a new original one):

Chuck - Sum 41

As a big fan of SUM 41s music I own all of their previous CD’s: Half Hour of Power; All Killer, No Filler and Does This Look Infected? Which all have great songs but they let down in length. But with their new album ‘Chuck’, they give you 45 minutes of quality songs. The album is named after Chuck Pelletier who helped them evacuate from the Democratic Republic of Congo when they were caught in the crossfire of war. That experience has obviously matured them in their music. In other reviews, they have been described as ‘less sophomoric’. They mix it up a bit in the style, songs like “We Are All To Blame” keep their signature heavy guitar but in songs like “Some Say” they have softened it down on the guitars but still keep it their style of rock. They have grown as artists but still immature as people.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
My Chemical Romance: Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge

First off, it's a great album. It's a big jump from their first album, "You Brought Me Love, I Brought You Bullets." The songs are awesome. If you think about it, it almost sounds as if the album was a rock opera. The album was released in memory of Gerard Way's dead girlfriend Elena Rush. The songs go from drinking in a cemetary to dying from two shots to the head. It's a great CD for those who are into Alternative Rock. Not for those who like quiet because these songs are headbanging.

O

omnislasher_VII

My December - Josh Groban version

It sounds pretty cool to have some opera guy sing Chester's song. It starts off a lot like a classical music piece with some orchestrial instruments playing with a piano. Then, Josh starts singing, but the lyrics are the same. The same echo effect is there, and that makes it sound nice. Mike Shinoda is replaced by a woman, and the lyrics only change a pit. Then, about 1 third through, Josh is replaced by Chester, and the normal My December continues from there.

I like both versions, but the Josh Groban is sorta better, seeing that there are four people singing. And the transmission sounds really cool. ;)

axelslegwarmer

Website
www.luciferownsme.deviantart.com
I bought Exodus---Utada Hikaru

Being the Utada Hikaru nut I am, I thought it'd be a great idea to get her new CD since the whole thing is English as opposed to Japanese which I only have a kindergarten level understanding of. Ironically I bought it in Hong Kong. The songs are pretty good. Devil Inside and Kremlin Dusk are my favorites. While listening, I've noticed Utada Hikaru mentions quite oftenly that she is Japanese...I thought is was kinda odd. All the music is really catchy and prone to get stuck in your head, especially Easy Breezy. All the songs sound pretty but lyrics-wise are a tad strange at times and sometimes it's hard to hear what's she is saying, but lots of music is like that. Took me a while to figure out she was saying "Mr. Edgar Allan Poe" in part of Kremlin dusk. My sister can only remember the phrase "I was dancing with a dirty blonde Texan" from The Workout. The Opening and the Interlude seemed a bit pointless, being only a few seconds long and saying approximately the same thing in both. You Make Me Want to Be A Man isn't a bad song, but the title scares away people.

O

omnislasher_VII

Reanimation

Well, I thought it would be a big risk spending $33 on one CD. And it was.
I am a huge fan of Linkin Park, and I just though I'd buy it for the hell of it. Some of the songs are good, like KRWLING (It's got a very nice feel to it, and the other guy {Aaron Lewis?} makes the song sound even better) and PPR: Kut (Oh man, I've always hated rap, but that black dude who sings in the middle is awesome :D), but then some are just plain weird. Ente he nd is one of them. =/

Overall, I'd say it's good, but a tad expensive. I won't be buying anything for a month... -_-;;

The Opening theme is very awesome, though.

O

omnislasher_VII

Are you gonna be my girl? -Jet

Ah, rock and roll. It's been a long time since I've heard rock and roll, and I'm glad it's finally back. Jet makes rock and roll pretty awesome. ^^

Well, the song starts off with a nice beat along with the tamborine (that bass thing at the beginning is awesome) and then it kind of explodes.

The song is very cheery, and it has that classic rock and roll feel, but it still sounds cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back