• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Shower Thoughts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Guernsey

Awards
Wasn't there a like a 358/2 Days fan remake in the works that uses the same engine as KH2?

vaderskywalker

Awards
I understand how Sora keeps losing his powers after each game, but how does he keep losing all of those keychains? Does he have holes in his pockets?
That is a good question, maybe when that happens, the keychains break when that happens, although that also depends on if the keychains are canon or not, me personally I have never seen them as canon, but that is only because there is a lack of evidence, but if they are canon, then that could be the reason, after all, Riku's Keyblade did break, so it stands to reason that keychains by themselves can break too, just my thoughts on that.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I understand how Sora keeps losing his powers after each game, but how does he keep losing all of those keychains? Does he have holes in his pockets?
CoM - they turned into cards
KH2 - ... they were turned into cards so he couldn't keep them
DDD - he was restarting so he left his keychains behind by choice
KH3 - sleeping realm keychains couldn't be used outside of the dream(?)

Launchpad

Awards
I think the more likely scenario is they're non-canonical. That's the mindset Everglow's KH Timeline series works under.
Well that's definitely not true, given the fact that some keychains are given in cutscenes, like Jungle King and Oathkeeper. Also, Shooting Star is used in a cutscene in a way that has a pretty deliberate impact on the members of BH6

WaltK

Awards
Well that's definitely not true, given the fact that some keychains are given in cutscenes, like Jungle King and Oathkeeper. Also, Shooting Star is used in a cutscene in a way that has a pretty deliberate impact on the members of BH6
I'll concede to the Shooting Star one, but not the other two; Oathkeeper is literally just Kairi's lucky charm, and Jungle King just randomly gets given to the player non-diegenically in the final cutscene.

At any rate, let's just go with "he rarely canonically uses them".

Chie

Awards
Well, I used them in the game, so canonically he used them, since it happened on the game on my screen that I was playing.

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
Personally, I’ve always viewed the keychains as physical manifestations created by the heart at key moments. They may take the appearance of certain objects, but they aren’t the original objects themselves. They are intrinsically tied to the power Sora possesses. So when he loses said powers, the keychains vanish too.

For example, Sora has Kairi’s charm all throughout KH2. But it’s only after the Twilight Town second visit that he gets the keychain based on it.

So I do think they can be considered canon, but aren’t necessarily those physical objects we see handed to Sora in certain scenes. Rather the keychain manifests to take on the appearance of said object.

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
Xion was the 14th member of the Organization with her named based on an imaginary number. Now Xehanort is (presumably) living his 14th lifetime in an imaginary world.

Launchpad

Awards
KH3RM letting us actually survive Data Xemnas's laser dome in real time is probably the coolest shit ever in the history of this franchise. The fact that it's actually fun, challenging, and feels intense is just mindblowing to me. It was iconic in KH2 but beyond amazing in KH3.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It's funny how Nintendo's amiibos run through all of the other toys to life products. Bowser & DK are Skylanders, Fox was in Starlink, Sonic's in Lego Dimensions, & now....

f41dhuJ.jpeg

The gang (minus Goofy 'cuz he didn't have a figure)

Mdl6qq5.jpeg

Guest party members

UZpIJP5.jpeg

Pixar pals

I6idK9j.jpeg

Princesses of Light, or Heart, or hearty light

O3CnJNo.jpeg

Summons & NPCS

KqaRrgJ.jpeg

Sora has no chill (Maleficent's been like that for years)

Back