• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Politics American propaganda cartoons for the modern day

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sonofjafar

Awards
If America made modern day propaganda cartoons with the newer icons of the medium, would they focus specifically on Russia due to being less racially insensitive? I mean let me be real. Ya don’t see North Korea and Communist China holding back on anti American propaganda via animation

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
What do you mean by less racially sensitive?

Also I’m pretty sure there hasn’t been a widespread production of US propaganda cartoons since WWII. But correct me if I’m wrong.

Last edited:

Sonofjafar

Awards
What do you mean by less racially sensitive?

Also I’m pretty sure there hasn’t been a widespread production of US propaganda cartoons since WWII. But correct me if I’m wrong.
That’s what I’m saying. Also I said less insensitive, as in we wouldn’t make propaganda against middle eastern countries and stick to Russia due to the fact it’s the only European nation that currently has hostility towards NATO. The whole thing is a hypothetical on what it would be like to see America try its hand a propaganda animation again

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
If America made modern day propaganda cartoons with the newer icons of the medium, would they focus specifically on Russia due to being less racially insensitive? I mean let me be real. Ya don’t see North Korea and Communist China holding back on anti American propaganda via animation
As an advertising/marketing major this is unironically a topic that we've discussed at length without trying to get "overly political". Your question is hypothetical sure, but in this side of the industry it has largely stopped at theory and hasn't been greenlit to be pushed. We've had multiple case studies on that kind of practice for just adverts (not animation to be clear)

The likelihood of you seeing this in western cartoons in today's age, it's largely been missing due to certain clauses regarding censorship in combination with what is actually profitable. Major Media outlets have basically perfected the type of gaslighting and framing of a foreign entity to such an extent it feels unnecessary to "allocate resources" into animation just to piss off some millennials, GenZ's and Gen Alpha by throttling them with Anti-Russia or Anti-China propaganda when the world as it stands is already terminally online.

Back